My husband's aunt and uncle (Marty and Lee Klein) were avid cruisers, last sailing in Dec 2019.  They mainly sailed Princess and Royal.  Uncle Marty died this week and we just did a zoom funeral.  We last sailed with them on the Indy Thanksgiving 2015 for their 70th anniversary. We were a group of 36. They were about to celebrate their 75th ann. Every night around midnight we'd find them at the Cafe Promenade having tea and cookies.  We'd stop by to say goodnight.   Uncle Marty was 98 this past summer and they were still dancing into their 90s.  They loved cruising, dancing,  and meeting people.  I know they knew many of the officers and crew. We will miss them.

Your  Uncle Marty and Aunt Lee were blessed with a wonderful spirit that caused them to be able to enjoy cruises into their 90s.

They were fortunate to be able to celebrate their 70th anniversary with so many loved ones. 

Of course  he will be missed, but he left behind good memories and an example of living an enjoyable life.

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts.  The Rabbi created the zoom for the funeral and then after it was over turned it over to the family so we could exchange memories and thoughts.   Not being able to be together is tough but he made it easier. 

I hope we are able to continue to cruise well into the future as they did.  Thanks  again for your good wishes. 

24 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

My condolences to your and your family.  Your Uncle and Auntie sound like wonderful people.

Thank you.  They were.  Concerned about our aunt now.  With Covid none of us could travel to Florida to be with her.  She does have a son there but the rest of the family is scattered.   I know its a problem many are facing.  

14 hours ago, njkruzer said:

My husband's aunt and uncle (Marty and Lee Klein) were avid cruisers, last sailing in Dec 2019.  They mainly sailed Princess and Royal.  Uncle Marty died this week and we just did a zoom funeral.  We last sailed with them on the Indy Thanksgiving 2015 for their 70th anniversary. We were a group of 36. They were about to celebrate their 75th ann. Every night around midnight we'd find them at the Cafe Promenade having tea and cookies.  We'd stop by to say goodnight.   Uncle Marty was 98 this past summer and they were still dancing into their 90s.  They loved cruising, dancing,  and meeting people.  I know they knew many of the officers and crew. We will miss them.

So sorry for your sad loss.

It sounded like your husband's uncle Marty and his aunt lived life to the full and it is awesome they still danced in their 90s.

Sending our very best wishes to all your family.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

So sorry for your sad loss.

It sounded like your husband's uncle Marty and his aunt lived life to the full and it is awesome they still danced in their 90s.

Sending our very best wishes to all your family.

Graham.

Thank you.

2 hours ago, Northbay said:

I’m so very sorry for your loss.   May he RIP.  Please keep in touch with your aunt as much as you can.   

Thanks.  We will but her hearing isn't great on the phone.  

Bless them both, and condolences to you and your family. One of my favorite things about cruising is people watching, and in particular seeing the lovely older couples who are so close and still dance and hold hands. It is so sweet, and I hope that my husband and I will someday be like them. 

One of my favorite memories from earlier cruises was of a couple who were obviously ballroom dancers and competed--they still had the costumes, and would dress beautifully every evening and dance together wherever there was ballroom music on the ship. Everyone would open up the dance floor around them and watch. 

My heart goes out to you and your aunt, and I hope a time will come soon when you may see her again in person.

1 minute ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Bless them both, and condolences to you and your family. One of my favorite things about cruising is people watching, and in particular seeing the lovely older couples who are so close and still dance and hold hands. It is so sweet, and I hope that my husband and I will someday be like them. 

One of my favorite memories from earlier cruises was of a couple who were obviously ballroom dancers and competed--they still had the costumes, and would dress beautifully every evening and dance together wherever there was ballroom music on the ship. Everyone would open up the dance floor around them and watch. 

My heart goes out to you and your aunt, and I hope a time will come soon when you may see her again in person.

Thanks.  Not sure if they competed but they did dress and loved to dance. They knew which ships had good bands and good dance floors.

nj, so sorry for the loss of your Uncle.  May he Rest in Peace.  Your Aunt and Uncle surely were a special and loving couple.

Were you and your husband able to make the trip you had planned?  Jim and I arrived in Naples on the 1st of January.  We got very lucky and will be getting our first Covid vaccine on Monday, with our 4 week vaccine already booked in February.  Stay safe.

Maryann

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

nj, so sorry for the loss of your Uncle.  May he Rest in Peace.  Your Aunt and Uncle surely were a special and loving couple.

Were you and your husband able to make the trip you had planned?  Jim and I arrived in Naples on the 1st of January.  We got very lucky and will be getting our first Covid vaccine on Monday, with our 4 week vaccine already booked in February.  Stay safe.

Maryann

On our way to Hilton Head today.  Overnight in Macon, GA.  Could have made it in one day if we pushed it but decided no reason to do so.  There is a time zone change and concerned about some overnight snow  and Atlanta traffic can be bad.  

Blessings and Prayers to you and your family..I hope my husband and I, who also love cruising can sail wayyyyyy into our futures together as your loved ones. What memories...God Bless