Sailings now cancelled through April 30

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

It's looking very doubtful my October 14, 2021 9 night Canada/NE will sail from Cape Liberty.

6 minutes ago, ATG said:

We’re on the one before, September 30.  It’s a replacement for the May 2020 cruise that was cancelled.  I still have some hope, especially if we can get all of us vaccinated by then.  DH and I are over 65, so hopefully we can get it by then.  DS2 is a manager at a pharmaceutical company.  He has been at work every day.  Drugs can’t get made by telework.  DS 1 is a federal employee.  Hopefully we can all get the jab soon.

And I'm on the 5 day one in between your two sailings, a replacement for the one to Bermuda from this past October that was canceled.  

On 1/16/2021 at 3:59 PM, firefly333 said:

Sorry but I dont believe it is false. Another tv doctor saying similar, how we shouldn't worry they are working 24/7 both companies to manufacture the doses. Nothing the doctors are saying jives with oh pfeizer has it but is just is holding it back. 

There are already front line workers time to get 2nd shot. What you state doesnt make sense as they are already doing some 2nd shots, that they have it, just not shipping it until later.

They just asked that 2nd doctor same thing should I worry and about getting 2nd dose and she never once mentioned oh it's being withheld, she was like even one dose gives up to 90% protection, dont worry if your 2nd dose is late. 

Besides I got moderna, and they arent making 2nd appointments yet.

My daughter's hubs is an Anesthesiologist and took his second dose Jan. 7th, then my brother age 67 in Ft. Meyers FL, suddenly (shock) died within 24 hrs of symptoms on Jan.8...tough month for our family...but my other brother and wife survived it (positive PCR test) with no ill effects back the week after Christmas, we never exhibited symptoms even though we were exposed, so no test...we are practically in quarantine here anyways, live up on a mountain in a family commune type location and we rarely go down. Wally World just delivers groceries.  We are stir crazy, cabin fever ready to go anywhere, especially cruising....just lifted and shifted our Allure cruise Apr. 4 to Sept. 12, 2021..fingers/toes crossed!  We are on the list at several pharmacies in our AR. area, but don't expect our first dose until Feb.

I have a cruise booked in May for a Norwegian Fjords cruise on Anthem.  Final payment early February.   Can't lift and shift cause its after April 2022 and there's only one cruise on Anthem and its in May 2022.    Should I cancel before final payment, or wait it out and hope they cancel cruises in May?

I have three cruises in May.  Will cancel the first one day before final, getting FCC for 900.00 deposit...though it is totally ridiculous that cruise coming from Hawaii could possibly even go.  I refuse to give RCI another loan. 

2nd one is short cruise much cheaper, so will roll with that, collecting refund later.

3rd was already an FCC...so will have to let RCI reissue that FCC.  

1 hour ago, cantgetaname said:

I have a cruise booked in May for a Norwegian Fjords cruise on Anthem.  Final payment early February.   Can't lift and shift cause its after April 2022 and there's only one cruise on Anthem and its in May 2022.    Should I cancel before final payment, or wait it out and hope they cancel cruises in May?

There's no chance that your May cruise is going to sail. Whether Royal cancels it before your final payment is an open question. There's no question that the cruise is going to be canceled, you just don't know when.

Edit:Carnival just canceled their European cruises. Granted they only had 1 ship sailing in Europe, but it's canceled. 

Edited by kwokpot

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

It's looking very doubtful my October 14, 2021 9 night Canada/NE will sail from Cape Liberty.

We are booked for 9 night sailing Canada/NE mid September.  At first I thought oh easy enough to remove one or 2 ports to make it a 7 day cruise, but now I too am very doubtful it will happen

I'm also very doubtful our August Baltic sailing on the Jewel will happen, but I remain hopeful and positive as much as I can.

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We are booked for 9 night sailing Canada/NE mid September.  At first I thought oh easy enough to remove one or 2 ports to make it a 7 day cruise, but now I too am very doubtful it will happen

I'm also very doubtful our August Baltic sailing on the Jewel will happen, but I remain hopeful and positive as much as I can.

If your 9 night Canada/NE cruise is not able to go to Canada (if their borders are still closed by then)...about they only thing you can hope for is visit to Bermuda to satisfy PVSA rule.  My first cancelled cruise when the pandemic hit almost a year ago was a 9 night from Baltimore on Grandeur...supposed to do the NE/Canada trip.  Sigh.   😞 

2 minutes ago, island lady said:

If your 9 night Canada/NE cruise is not able to go to Canada (if their borders are still closed by then)...about they only thing you can hope for is visit to Bermuda to satisfy PVSA rule.  My first cancelled cruise when the pandemic hit almost a year ago was a 9 night from Baltimore on Grandeur...supposed to do the NE/Canada trip.  Sigh.   😞 

We have a b2b of 5 nights each to bermuda end of August.   With beautiful aft JS too!  Just let it ride and see what happens.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have a b2b of 5 nights each to bermuda end of August.   With beautiful aft JS too!  Just let it ride and see what happens.

I actually used that FCC from my last year's May NE/Canada cruise on our upcoming Allure 5/30/21  cruise.  Yikes!  At the time, I had no idea the cancellations would get that far!  🤕

If that one gets cancelled...looks like RCI will have to reissue the FCC.  😞 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

I actually used that FCC from my last year's May NE/Canada cruise on our upcoming Allure 5/30/21  cruise.  Yikes!  At the time, I had no idea the cancellations would get that far!  🤕

If that one gets cancelled...looks like RCI will have to reissue the FCC.  😞 

If Royal cancelled your NE cruise I think you could get a refund if you want

14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If Royal cancelled your NE cruise I think you could get a refund if you want

Yes, RCI cancelled that cruise.  That was the first (and only) time we elected to take the so called "125%" FCC.  It actually came in as 112%.  RCI fuzzy math.  😖

When I finally got the FCC, that went to almost pay in full our 5/30/21 cruise.  Could be wrong, but I think RCI will reissue FCC again...have not been through that route yet.  All the following cruises...I have asked for full refund...except for the few that I cancelled day before final payment.  (FCC for deposit amount).  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have a sail on Oasis out of Bayonne for September 5, and although it's 7+ months away, becoming skeptical that it will come off.  So sad as I got a great price for a solo CP balcony.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, island lady said:

My county health department gave me a confirmed appointment for the second dose.  Man will I be pissed if I show up and they are out of vaccine.  😣

They are doing the same thing here. Booking the second appointment at the time of the first dose. So far it's been working since they are reserving the second dose. They stopped booking new appointments for the first dose and are waiting for a new supply.

14 hours ago, cantgetaname said:

I'm booked on the same cruise and have the same dilemma.

If Royal don't cancel before final payment (which i don't think they will because they have only recently cancelled to the end of April) then I will cancel it myself and just take the future cruise credit.

I think there is zero chance of it sailing. 

I also have a Caribbean cruise booked for August. There is more time to see how things are before I have to pay it but I am dubious about it also - especially given that I have to fly from the UK to get to it.

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

They are doing the same thing here. Booking the second appointment at the time of the first dose. So far it's been working since they are reserving the second dose. They stopped booking new appointments for the first dose and are waiting for a new supply.

That's how it should be done all over....otherwise it could make the first dose a waste if they don't get to/do the second dose at the right time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2021 at 11:46 AM, cantgetaname said:

JMHO, but I would expect that once we are past the 1/31 “book by” date that locks in the promos that it gates, we will see the double points and L&S promos extended to line up with the proposed May 1 restart.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

JMHO, but I would expect that once we are past the 1/31 “book by” date that locks in the promos that it gates, we will see the double points and L&S promos extended to line up with the proposed May 1 restart.

In the past if they extended anything it had always been before the date.  I’m expecting an announcement next week. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

In the past if they extended anything it had always been before the date.  I’m expecting an announcement next week. 

They may extend the sail by date, but I doubt they will extend the book by date - at least for the double points promo. L&S is a different value proposition for them.

31 minutes ago, orville99 said:

They may extend the sail by date, but I doubt they will extend the book by date - at least for the double points promo. L&S is a different value proposition for them.

They extended the book by date at the same time as they extended the sail by date before.  

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

Cancel and take the refund. No one knows how this will turn out, take your money now and rebook when you know how things will happen.

• Thanks 1

Not the Carnival board but could be an indicator of things to come.  More cancellations from them

As we continue to refine our phased in approach to return to guest operations, we are modifying our plans as circumstances evolve. This has resulted in the following ship-specific cruise cancellations and movements:
While we had hoped to complete the dry docks previously announced, the global COVID-19 situation has caused further delays. Consequently, the following voyages have been cancelled:
Carnival Magic – all embarkations up to and including October 30, 2021.
Carnival Paradise – all embarkations up to and including October 28, 2021.
Carnival Valor – all embarkations up to and including October 28, 2021.
• Carnival Radiance’s dry dock and transformation has been moved to September, with a planned arrival to Long Beach in November 2021.
• Carnival Miracle’s seasonal service from San Diego has been suspended until further notice.
All sailings through April 2023 (excluding seven Hawaii itineraries from November 2021 to February 2023) have been cancelled.
Please note: We are NOT cancelling Journey’s Hawaii sailings from 11/27/2021 – 2/18/2023. Carnival Journey cruises to Hawaii between November 2021 and February 2023, which will now operate from Long Beach as 14-day cruises departing one day later than originally scheduled.
• Carnival Miracle will reposition to Long Beach.
The ship will assume the three- and four-day itineraries for Carnival Radiance from May 3 – Nov. 1, 2021 and operate the seven Hawaii Carnival Journeys referenced above.
She will then operate a new program of four- and five-day cruises to Mexico during the winter season, beginning November 2021 and continuing through April 2023.
Image may contain: cloud, ocean, sky, outdoor and nature

• Thanks 1