started to receive gift cards via fedex for refund for march cancellations

we received some of the gift card refunds for our cancelled march cruise, but no credit card refunds yet

they even fedex   a gift card with a 2 cent balance, we are  still trying to figure that one out

5 hours ago, ericr said:

we received some of the gift card refunds for our cancelled march cruise, but no credit card refunds yet

they even fedex   a gift card with a 2 cent balance, we are  still trying to figure that one out

They always sent me multiple gift cards back via FEDEX 2nd day air, and they were all separate, which seems rather expensive to me. I know Carnival is a huge FEDEX customer, but it still has a lot of cost to be sending separately!

16 hours ago, ericr said:

When you say no credit card refunds yet....do you mean refunds from your cancelled cruised refunded back onto your credit card? We had our March cruise cancelled to and it took over 4 months to get the refunds back onto our credit cards. We also got our carnival gift card refunds via fedex and that probably took 5 months. If youre still waiting on refunds from March that's absolutely insane. 

2 hours ago, matymil said:

When you say no credit card refunds yet....do you mean refunds from your cancelled cruised refunded back onto your credit card? We had our March cruise cancelled to and it took over 4 months to get the refunds back onto our credit cards. We also got our carnival gift card refunds via fedex and that probably took 5 months. If youre still waiting on refunds from March that's absolutely insane. 

I think they mean March 2021

22 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

They always sent me multiple gift cards back via FEDEX 2nd day air, and they were all separate, which seems rather expensive to me. I know Carnival is a huge FEDEX customer, but it still has a lot of cost to be sending separately!

Oh wow, I thought they'd accumulate everything onto a single gift card. So if you use X number of gift cards to pay the balance, you'll get that many new ones back?

We're going to re-book and take the OBC, but do have Cruise Cash & FTTF coming back to us (paid using gift cards). I guess we'll get those on separate cards, huh?

For these cruises that are cancelled due to COVID, are taxes & port fees refunded if we choose the re-book option, or do they get transferred with the rest of the FCC?

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Oh wow, I thought they'd accumulate everything onto a single gift card. So if you use X number of gift cards to pay the balance, you'll get that many new ones back?

We're going to re-book and take the OBC, but do have Cruise Cash & FTTF coming back to us (paid using gift cards). I guess we'll get those on separate cards, huh?

For these cruises that are cancelled due to COVID, are taxes & port fees refunded if we choose the re-book option, or do they get transferred with the rest of the FCC?

My last cruise that I got refunded was for May of 2020 and they sent me back three separate gift cards in three FEDEX envelopes that all arrived the same day. I don't know if Carnival has changed tactics since then because my last two cancelled cruises I took the FCC and transferred everything over to the new cruises.

I didn’t have any gift cards on my cruises this time, but I did get my credit card refunds within 2 weeks of cancellations. My son received a few gift card refunds in separate mailings of 1 card each time, then received his credit card refund the next day. Glad it didn’t take very long this time!

On 1/15/2021 at 2:02 AM, n6uqqq said:

My last cruise that I got refunded was for May of 2020 and they sent me back three separate gift cards in three FEDEX envelopes that all arrived the same day. I don't know if Carnival has changed tactics since then because my last two cancelled cruises I took the FCC and transferred everything over to the new cruises.

My last cancelled cruise was paid for with 4 gift cards. I received my refund consolidated onto a single card. So it looks like it varies for whatever reason.

7 hours ago, crooooze said:

My last cancelled cruise was paid for with 4 gift cards. I received my refund consolidated onto a single card. So it looks like it varies for whatever reason.

That is a good thing. Looks like Carnival may have figured on big savings doing this. 2nd day air isn't that cheap, even for a volume shipper.