Glad to be here!

desirecruise

@desirecruise

Howdy!! emo22.gif

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Cruise Critic message boards!  👍 

Cruise Critic is a great resource for new as well as experienced cruisers and we are so glad you found us! emo34.gif  Please feel free to browse the Cruise Critic Community Categories list. Read a few threads in the different forums to get a feel for what each forum is about. Make sure you read any pinned threads (aka Stickies) on the top of the first page of threads in a forum. You will find very important instructions or information there.

Please remember the following stated in the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Browse Before You Post
Browse a topic first to see if your question has already been asked or answered by someone else. Also, many of the major cruise lines forums have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Question) topic that has been created by our members. Give that a try first. Browsing is your #1 best resource! Please post your messages in an appropriate topic so that you'll receive the best possible response. It is very time consuming to move misplaced messages that are in the wrong topics.

Anytime you need to start a new thread/topic on a forum, first make sure you are in the correct forum for your topic. Word your new thread title in a way to help the members know exactly the information you seek. This greatly helps the members browsing through the thread titles and if they know the information they will reply to you.

It is best to limit each inquiry to only one topic or concerning only one cruise line, one ship, one port of call, etc. and of course, on the correct forum. emo3.gif  You will get more replies that way. Be sure to mention your cruise line, ship, port or sail date in your inquiry as that sort of information will help your fellow members help you.

Wanted to let you know the Cruise Critic Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date will be the place for you to get to know the other Cruise Critic members sailing with you before the cruise. Your fellow Roll Call thread members may have important information posted in your Roll Call thread. Especially those that have sailed your line, ship or itinerary before.

Also, the Roll Call thread for your cruise is the only place on Cruise Critic where you and your fellow Roll Call thread members are allowed to post personal ads about sharing private tours, excursions, transportation etc. with each other to 💲ave money. That is ... if they are allowed by then. There is a "captive audience" since you are all sailing together! emo3.gif You will receive a much better response to your share request if you take some time to read the entire Roll Call thread, post an introductory post about yourself, and continue on with more posts back and forth to get to know the other thread members and allow them to get to know you first before you post your share request. That is the spirit of our Roll Calls. emo34.gif

To explain our Roll Calls and finding the Roll Call thread for your line, ship and sail date, please read What is a Roll Call? Everything you Need to Know and How To: Create A New Roll Call if one has not been started for your cruise. For more information about our famous Roll Calls, please read the Roll Calls and Our Policy Regarding Facebook and Roll Calls sections in the Guidelines.

And don't forget, after your cruise be sure to submit your review for publication. Many cruisers will benefit from your experience! See How To: Submit a Member Review.

So sorry this is so long, but I sincerely hope this information will be helpful to someone new to posting on our message boards. So glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

desirecruise,

Welcome!  CC is a great online community.

I'll add my advice to become involved with the Roll Call for your cruise.  Soon after I first signed onto CC, I joined the Roll Call for my next cruise--which was my longest at that time.  Even volunteered to be a co-organizer for our Meet and Greets on the ship.  By doing so, I "met" many fellow cruisers before embarking the ship.  And, surprisingly to me, I became friends with some of these fellow guests.  I have sailed since with some, have visited some, and maintain e-mail as well as phone contact with these people.  Who would have thought that would happen?    

Roll Call participation may add another level of enjoyment to one's cruise.  

You will run into some "interesting" people here - but if you can apply sufficient grains of salt, you will find that almost everyone has something to contribute.  You should join the roll cruise for your cruise - there will likely be some there who have experienced the ship, or the ports, and provide valuable nuggets of personal slants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome to Cruise Critic, desirecruise.  This is a wonderful place to learn things about cruising and pick the brains of those who have cruise a lot.

I would also say to join the roll call for your cruise.  You might also want to check out the ports section for ideas of what to see.  Enjoy your cruise to the max!

Hello and welcome!

Forgive me if it has been already been said, learn to post in the proper forums.
For example when you have a ship or cruise line question, you would ask in the Regent forum. Air fair question, there is a forum for that. There is also a forum for first time cruisers, oh wait...you're here! 😁

On 1/15/2021 at 2:56 AM, desirecruise said:

I just booked a cruise for 2022 and my friend told me to join the boards.  I am going to be doing a nice Regent cruise.  I cant wait!

Welcome 

On 1/15/2021 at 3:56 AM, desirecruise said:

I just booked a cruise for 2022 and my friend told me to join the boards.  I am going to be doing a nice Regent cruise.  I cant wait!

Not my first cruise but a first cruise in 14 years and I joined CC in 2008

A lot of nice people post here.Welcome to CC.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard, matey!  You've just stepped into the biggest pile of cruise advice treasure available. Check out the Departure ports and the Ports of call, as well as the Ask a Cruise Question and right here in First-Time Cruisers.  You will get many opinions and plenty of advice. 

Enjoy your searching, and remember--a lousy day cruising is better than a good day on land!

• Like 1