ben & jerry room on Allure

Dh and I had this room on Independence.  As above, regular promenade room (although it had little Knick knacks and decorations to make it cute in the cow theme), but for someone who will probably never book a room such as a Grand Suite, it had great perks.  We were able to use the suite lounge each night, got sweets delivered to our room and had Ben & Jerry ice cream each day (not that we needed those with all the other cruise food) and a few other perks.  it was a fun room too in that it was right by the bridge so when the crew performed, they waved at us.  

On 1/16/2021 at 8:01 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The room is nothing special but you used to get access to the suite lounge and free I’ve cream daily at Ben and Jerry’s

Used to get access to the suite lounge?  Our in-laws got access to in on the Freedom 3 years ago when we had it booked for our in-laws.  Has that perk changed?

On 1/16/2021 at 6:01 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

The room is nothing special but you used to get access to the suite lounge and free I’ve cream daily at Ben and Jerry’s

It is the same price as every other Promenade, with at least a couple of extra included perks so it is a little bit specal 😁

On 1/16/2021 at 9:06 AM, LuCruise said:

Dh and I had this room on Independence.  As above, regular promenade room (although it had little Knick knacks and decorations to make it cute in the cow theme), but for someone who will probably never book a room such as a Grand Suite, it had great perks.  We were able to use the suite lounge each night, got sweets delivered to our room and had Ben & Jerry ice cream each day (not that we needed those with all the other cruise food) and a few other perks.  it was a fun room too in that it was right by the bridge so when the crew performed, they waved at us.  

That's great! How is this room sold? I've done 30 royal cruises and have been on this forum since 2001 and this thread is the 1st I've heard about this special room. 

Edited by kwokpot

1 minute ago, kwokpot said:

That's great! How is this room sold? I've done 30 royal cruises and have been in this forum since 2001 and this thread is the 1st I've heard about this special room. 

You'll be booking a promenade room for pricing/category.  Simply call Royal or your TA and have them check if 6305 is available.  It's only on Independence, Freedom and I believe Liberty.  If you do a google search, you'll find info on it too.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

That's great! How is this room sold? I've done 30 royal cruises and have been on this forum since 2001 and this thread is the 1st I've heard about this special room. 

First come, first serve.  Room 6305 on Freedom, Liberty and Independence.  It usually sells quickly since many on this forum know about that cabin.  Book it when it first is available, or keep checking back if you really want it in case someone cancels it.  If you do not mind the crummy view of the cow's butts and you are OK with deck 6 (we like deck 7 promenade rooms better - view and a bit less noise), then go for it if you can get it.  Great perks at no extra cost.

• Like 1