Daily sunrise photo

rafinmd

I only have one May 8 sunrise.  It's from my 2019 Nieuw Statendam/Cunard round trip transatlantic.  I slept late May 8 but caught this from my hotel window in Kiel.

dawn0508.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's photo is a sunset from my 2019 round trip transatlantic, Eastbound on Nieuw Statendam and returning on Cunard.  On May 12 I transferred from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in Southampton.

dusk0512.jpg

I may or may not post tomorrow as I go in the hospital for surgery Friday.  I anticipate updates on my status will be posted on the Holland America forum in "The Daily" (A new thread each day).

Roy

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's photo is a sunset from my 2019 round trip transatlantic, Eastbound on Nieuw Statendam and returning on Cunard.  On May 12 I transferred from Queen Victoria to Queen Mary 2 in Southampton.

dusk0512.jpg

I may or may not post tomorrow as I go in the hospital for surgery Friday.  I anticipate updates on my status will be posted on the Holland America forum in "The Daily" (A new thread each day).

Roy

All the best to you with your surgery. I wish you a speedy recovery. I shall miss your daily sunrises in the meantime.

• Thanks 1

Thank you @Camgirl and @Host Hattie.

My final pre-op sunrise is from a 2010 Blount inland cruise from Nashville to Chicago.  Floods cause great havoc that year and I don't know exactly where we were on May 13 but it was on the Cumberland, Tennessee, or Ohio river somewhere between Nashville and St. Louis.

IMG_1847.thumb.JPG.879e14802e99112385b45

Roy

• Like 2

Back home a few hours ago.  My May 15 sunrise is from a 2017 string of cruises.  On May 15 the Crystal Symphony was at sea from Cartagenia Colombia to Charleston SC:

dawn0515.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Back home a few hours ago.  My May 15 sunrise is from a 2017 string of cruises.  On May 15 the Crystal Symphony was at sea from Cartagenia Colombia to Charleston SC:

Welcome back!  Hope all went well.

• Thanks 1

Since I was only in the hospital one day it isn't too hard to make up one photo, this from the 2019 Nieuw Statendam transatlantic with a return on  Cunard.  On May 14 QM2 was in Zeebrugge:

dawn0514.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is my last from a wierd combination in 2017:

Koningsdam Caribbean (primary to get out of winter before a major flight)

Crystal Serenity Buenos Aires to Rio

Iguazu

Zaandam Buenos Aires to San Diego

Carnival Inspiration getaway (my only visit to Santa Catalina)

and Crystal Symphony San Diego to New York.

On May 18 Symphony arrived in New York

dawn0518.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from a 2008 Blount cruise from Warren, RI to Chicago.  On May 19 we were in Troy, NY, preparing the ship to go under the Erie Canal's low bridges:

IMG_0980.JPG.43cca4595b64c08ae8314c934e1

Roy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Today's sunrise is from a 2008 Blount cruise from Warren, RI to Chicago.  On May 19 we were in Troy, NY, preparing the ship to go under the Erie Canal's low bridges:

Roy

Really interesting itinerary.  I wouldn't have thought of Chicago as a cruise destination.  Cunard used to have a building in Chicago, built in 1916 at 140 N Dearborne Street.  It was demolished in 1962 to make way for the Richard Daly Center.

• Like 1

Sometimes the sun has to fight to make it's way out as this time on my 2019 QM2 return from my Nieuw Statendam transatlantic.  On May 20 we were roughly half way across the pond:

sunlives20.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is from my 2015 combination of a Crystal Serenity Transatlantic leading to a Prinsendam Baltic and British Isles combination. On May 22 MS Prinsendam was in Hamburg.

dawn0522.jpg

Roy

• Like 2

Today's sunrise is the last from my 2019 Nieuw Statendam-Cunard transatlantic combination.  On May 24, QM2 had docked in Brooklyn by the time the sun came up:

dawn0524.jpg

Roy

• Like 1

Today's sunrise is from a 2008 Blount Cruise from Rhode Island to Chicago.  The afternoon of May 25 we arrived in Cleveland after leaving Buffalo and Niagara Falls on May 24:

IMG_1006.JPG.9ef7c30dd54821a3d78301183951685e.JPG

Roy

• Like 2