Jump to content

Carnival Mardi Gras Aft balcony and entertainment


Recommended Posts

Hey, I’m looking at booking our very first aft balcony, generally we book mid ship balconies but I’m ready for a change. So I’ve tried to find some pics or videos of the aft balconies on the new Mardi Gras, is there anything out there, or is it too new for that? Is there a deck for aft balconies that is better then another? I was quoted a price for deck 11. 

Also wondering if they have announced any entertainment or will it just be the production shows? We don’t generally care for the production shows, we’ve been spoiled on ncl with some pretty amazing entertainment. However ncl prices are quite a bit more so I understand you get what you pay for. 
 

Snowy day here in Canada and we are in Ontario which is on complete lock down so I’m looking at cruising to pass the time! 🚢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as actual balcony pictures, there hasn’t been much of that released. They have showed the typical cabin photos but that’s about it. 
For entertainment, they’ve said they will have new stage shows, and with the atrium stage there will be more of a variety act type shows. Don’t know if that helps you or not. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

As far as actual balcony pictures, there hasn’t been much of that released. They have showed the typical cabin photos but that’s about it. 
For entertainment, they’ve said they will have new stage shows, and with the atrium stage there will be more of a variety act type shows. Don’t know if that helps you or not. 

Thanks, I did see the back of the ship in a video and it looks as if you look down on a pool area, not directly to the water which I’d prefer. Looks like it might be loud. I think I may book a mid ship balcony instead. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/5/2021 at 12:39 PM, ARcruisin2 said:

these are the ones that have me curious - sold as regular balcony, but appear bigger.

I wonder if it would catch to much wind to be enjoyable?

image.png.9adc43d589c4c5200a57de1ce05fe81f.png

We also have same cabin on 15th for July the aft excel is for Jan 2022, if they happen, booked because it has a overhang roof so some shade and the balcony looked like there might be some privacy on one side, hopefully we shall see

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Mr and Mrs C said:

Thanks, I did see the back of the ship in a video and it looks as if you look down on a pool area, not directly to the water which I’d prefer. Looks like it might be loud. I think I may book a mid ship balcony instead. 

We prefer balconies over the water as well so I agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are considering the Mardi Gras to be our first Carnival cruise after RC, HAL, Princess, Celebrity and NCL.

 

We think every cruise line has its advantages and disadvantages, so Carnival is still on our list.

 

Is it already known if all Aft suites have the same balcony size and furniture?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did book an aft facing cabin on deck 11.  I love the aft cabins, even if they look down on other decks, such as Breeze, Vista, Horizon, etc.  Sitting there watching the wake is still pretty soothing and unless standing at the railing, I never noticed the deck below.  Usually I am high enough above the back deck it isn't noisy from there either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2021 at 1:07 PM, Mr and Mrs C said:

Hey, I’m looking at booking our very first aft balcony, generally we book mid ship balconies but I’m ready for a change. So I’ve tried to find some pics or videos of the aft balconies on the new Mardi Gras, is there anything out there, or is it too new for that? Is there a deck for aft balconies that is better then another? I was quoted a price for deck 11. 

Also wondering if they have announced any entertainment or will it just be the production shows? We don’t generally care for the production shows, we’ve been spoiled on ncl with some pretty amazing entertainment. However ncl prices are quite a bit more so I understand you get what you pay for. 
 

Snowy day here in Canada and we are in Ontario which is on complete lock down so I’m looking at cruising to pass the time! 🚢

Here is a rendering from Carnival's deck plans page https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/mardi-gras.aspx#deck-plans. Deck 8 is the pool, so deck 11 would be at the top of this picture. It will be interesting to see real pictures with the aft pool below.

MD_Summer_Landing_Patio_Pool_01.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We often book aft balconies.  For Mardi Gras we booked one of the forward facing ones, just to see what it will be like.  Yes, probably windy, but thought we'd give it a go.

 

I will note I don't think I would ever book an aft balcony on Mardi Gras - the nice thing about the aft balconies we've experienced was the lack of anyone / anything significant between us and the wake behind the ship!  Yeah, maybe the two or three decks below with similar balconies, but not a huge pool and surrounding deck chairs extending for much of your sightline.  Maybe deck 14 - high enough from the "Summer Landing area", but not the deck below the pool on deck 16?

Edited by ProgRockCruiser
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

the nice thing about the aft balconies we've experienced was the lack of anyone / anything significant between us and the wake behind the ship!  

Exactly!

If it were a lifeboat between you and looking down at the water, it would likely be sold as an obstructed view.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...