Jump to content

Covid-19 vaccinations


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I think we will find out this year that many of the 1st generation vaccines we currently are using will require booster shots as the next generation ones will have been tweaked to give increased variant protection.

 

Getting vaccinations proceeding all around the world is important in order to protect against serious illness and not overwhelm health services.

All vaccines, especially those which are easy to transport around the world have a part to play.

 

13 minutes ago, ORV said:

I'm a little lost as to what you're replying to. 

I was trying to not use the quote function.  I was replying to the above post.  I was just saying that perhaps they will find out that the current vaccines will need a booster to deal with the variants.  I was just saying that we should hope that it will not be necessary.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Isn't that an oxymoron?  😵 

She's like the pharmacist in Wisconsin who left the vaccine unrefrigerated  because he believed it would cause more harm than good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

My state is behind on delivery of vaccine. Not getting first for a week and it's Moderna.

My well educated neighbor believes Moderna means probes will be implanted in my body, and  extremely angry at me for considering it and exposing her to my "probes" in future. I've had to decline her screaming phone calls.

 

Amazing what people will believe, just look at the last 3 to 6 months and how manipulated certain people became. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

 

I was trying to not use the quote function.  I was replying to the above post.  I was just saying that perhaps they will find out that the current vaccines will need a booster to deal with the variants.  I was just saying that we should hope that it will not be necessary.

Got it, thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

She's like the pharmacist in Wisconsin who left the vaccine unrefrigerated  because he believed it would cause more harm than good.

I went to a tech store 2 weeks ago where the salesman asked me if I had gotten the Covid vaccine yet because if I did, he wanted someone else to wait on me.  He said people who are being vaccinated are having 'nanobots' implanted which can transfer from person to person.  On the face of it, he seemed to be a normal individual.  🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

I went to a tech store 2 weeks ago where the salesman asked me if I had gotten the Covid vaccine yet because if I did, he wanted someone else to wait on me.  He said people who are being vaccinated are having 'nanobots' implanted which can transfer from person to person.  On the face of it, he seemed to be a normal individual.  🥴

OMG! That explains things to me.

My neighbor has some other interesting beliefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ORV said:

Amazing what people will believe, just look at the last 3 to 6 months and how manipulated certain people became. 

ORV.... as you commented recently , in relation to another poster, some people you just can not fix.  Maybe it is the water in Reno?...They are not smart enough to figure out how dumb they are.....You can not fix that only shake  your head.      Too,  in the past 3-6 months look at not  so much who was manipulated but who did the manipulating !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Petoonya said:

My state is behind on delivery of vaccine. Not getting first for a week and it's Moderna.

My well educated neighbor believes Moderna means probes will be implanted in my body, and  extremely angry at me for considering it and exposing her to my "probes" in future. I've had to decline her screaming phone calls.

 

Your neighbor is obviously not as well educated as she thinks she is.

Perhaps somebody needs to remove the probes from her brain.😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Petoonya said:

 

My well educated neighbor believes Moderna means probes will be implanted in my body, and  extremely angry at me for considering it and exposing her to my "probes" in future. I've had to decline her screaming phone calls.

 

Wonder if it's only Moderna, or do the other vaccines also have infectious probes? I'd love to know, but I agree with her - you should stay as far away as possible. This would be hilarious if it weren't so sadly scary.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

 

Wonder if it's only Moderna, or do the other vaccines also have infectious probes? I'd love to know, but I agree with her - you should stay as far away as possible. This would be hilarious if it weren't so sadly scary.

 

Hopefully the nano-phobes will accept the J&J vaccine, since it's made the old fashioned way.  Whatever it takes to get them vaccinated!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

 

Wonder if it's only Moderna, or do the other vaccines also have infectious probes? I'd love to know, but I agree with her - you should stay as far away as possible. This would be hilarious if it weren't so sadly scary.

 

It's Moderna and Pfizer that work a little differently and have the "probes" or "nanobots" that are objectionable to some.

Traditional vaccines have inactivated virus that cause an immune reaction. Pfizer and Moderna act differently. Simply said, these don't have inactivated virus but work by allowing mRNA or messenger RNA (the fierce probe or nanobot) to slip inside cells and cause an immune reaction. It's the mRNA vaccines that some anti-vaxxers believe can become part of your DNA, alter your genes, and ultimately kill you.

 

I apologize to anyone reading this who is anti-vax. I am sure the reasons for believing as you do are varied and yes, I'm guilty of judgment.

 

Yet I say all this because personally I believe this is a grave threat to public health.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Petoonya said:

It's Moderna and Pfizer that work a little differently and have the "probes" or "nanobots" that are objectionable to some.

Traditional vaccines have inactivated virus that cause an immune reaction. Pfizer and Moderna act differently. Simply said, these don't have inactivated virus but work by allowing mRNA or messenger RNA (the fierce probe or nanobot) to slip inside cells and cause an immune reaction. It's the mRNA vaccines that some anti-vaxxers believe can become part of your DNA, alter your genes, and ultimately kill you.

 

I apologize to anyone reading this who is anti-vax. I am sure the reasons for believing as you do are varied and yes, I'm guilty of judgment.

 

Yet I say all this because personally I believe this misinformation about the mRNA vaccines is a grave threat to public health.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

It's Moderna and Pfizer that work a little differently and have the "probes" or "nanobots" that are objectionable to some.

Traditional vaccines have inactivated virus that cause an immune reaction. Pfizer and Moderna act differently. Simply said, these don't have inactivated virus but work by allowing mRNA or messenger RNA (the fierce probe or nanobot) to slip inside cells and cause an immune reaction. It's the mRNA vaccines that some anti-vaxxers believe can become part of your DNA, alter your genes, and ultimately kill you.

 

I apologize to anyone reading this who is anti-vax. I am sure the reasons for believing as you do are varied and yes, I'm guilty of judgment.

 

Yet I say all this because personally I believe this is a grave threat to public health.

 

Having majored in genetics at UC Berkeley, I understand the science behind the mRNA vaccines. People have many reasons for being suspicious of vaccines, often unreasonable, but why in the world do these people think it would jump from person to person??  No need to apologize for being sane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Vertygo said:

 

Having majored in genetics at UC Berkeley, I understand the science behind the mRNA vaccines. People have many reasons for being suspicious of vaccines, often unreasonable, but why in the world do these people think it would jump from person to person??  No need to apologize for being sane.

"Don't confuse them with the facts" ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vertygo said:

 

Having majored in genetics at UC Berkeley, I understand the science behind the mRNA vaccines. People have many reasons for being suspicious of vaccines, often unreasonable, but why in the world do these people think it would jump from person to person??  No need to apologize for being sane.

It surely is a puzzle. Would love to know what these folks reading material is, but it probably comes from social media sites like Parler or Gab.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to catch up a little, DW and I both got the Pfizer vaccine.  I had no reaction at all to the first shot, DW had a sore arm for a day or two.  DW had no reaction to the second shot except a sore arm for just a day. My arm got very sore shot 12 hours after I got the second shot, but the pain lessened markedly after about six hours, and I just had a slightly sore arm for a day after that.  No big deal.

 

I have friends that developed flu/like symptoms for about 12 hours starting about 12 hours after the second shot.  Regardless that is a whale of a lot better than.getting covid.  
 

Now that we are a month-and-a-half from when this thread started, it is good to see  that they are ramped up to 1-1/2 vaccinations a day. So we get closer and closer to getting a significant number of people taken care of.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CDC guidelines still list a huge number of places in zone 4 red...do not travel.  That includes all of Europe, South America, and most of North America, Africa, and many Asian countries.  Even with US citizens getting vaccinated, it is still unsafe to travel.  Having been vaccinated, I thought there might be a change in travel restrictions.  It doesn’t look that way.  There’s still many people who need vaccines in US and abroad.  Cruising will likely be on hold longer.  Even if it starts up again, check the CDC travel safety list before deciding to go.  Just because a hotel or ship is open, it may be too risky.  After my last cruise in March when we got stuck at sea, I will be more cautious.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of a parody here. There are those that tout refusing to get a yellow fever shot, yet traveling into countries where yellow fever is prevalent. Meanwhile, we have people warning us, even if vaccinated, not to travel to entire regions. Consistently would be nice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

Kind of a parody here. There are those that tout refusing to get a yellow fever shot, yet traveling into countries where yellow fever is prevalent. Meanwhile, we have people warning us, even if vaccinated, not to travel to entire regions. Consistently would be nice.

What would really be nice is for the CDC to open its eyes and recognize that adjustments to recommendations need to be made in the light of safe and effective vaccines.  Instead, we are getting crickets.  Doesn't do much to help their credibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Petoonya said:

It surely is a puzzle. Would love to know what these folks reading material is, but it probably comes from social media sites like Parler or Gab.

No, it comes from Facebook and Twitter. I prefer to look upon those who swallow this load of horsepucky as Darwin in action.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Kind of a parody here. There are those that tout refusing to get a yellow fever shot, yet traveling into countries where yellow fever is prevalent. Meanwhile, we have people warning us, even if vaccinated, not to travel to entire regions. Consistently would be nice.

John Wayne said it well"   life is tough..its even tougher if your dumb".      What is truly scary is   somehow these malfeasance's get into power  positions .

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister and I got our first shot of Moderna on 2-12, and will be getting our second on 3-12.  Only experienced a slightly sore arm in area of the shot.  The worst part of our vaccination process was the 4 1/2 hour trip to get them.  Ugh!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Kind of a parody here. There are those that tout refusing to get a yellow fever shot, yet traveling into countries where yellow fever is prevalent. Meanwhile, we have people warning us, even if vaccinated, not to travel to entire regions. Consistently would be nice.

 

How can you possibly conflate yellow fever with covid vax?  Could the method of transmission be more different?  I don't think it can.  There is no consistency because there is no comparison.
 
In late 2019 I sailed around most of South America.  Before I went, I had a long conversation on the YF vax with my doctor.  We discussed what ports, what activities, what the likelihood of getting bitten, and what I could do to prevent it.  We also discussed the possible complications associated with receiving the YF vax.  Together, we decided the risk of adverse side effects (for ME - not everyone) overrode the possible benefits.  Had I been travelling up the Amazon instead of circumnavigating, we would have come to a different conclusion.  
 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...