How does Princess compare to HAL?

Coffeeluvr05

3 hours ago, Farts said:

they are more similar than different. HAL is more stuffy imho. I am not a fan of live orchestra on HAL. My old roommate was a music major with a cello, so I have had my fill of classical music.  

The shows, entertainment, activities and events on Princess are far superior

• Like 1

We would be glad to try HAL for the experience of different ports that they sail to, especially if they gave the same benefits that we have earned with Princess.  Maybe something similar to what MSC does to get folks to try their line.

18 hours ago, Grego said:

We would be glad to try HAL for the experience of different ports that they sail to, especially if they gave the same benefits that we have earned with Princess.  Maybe something similar to what MSC does to get folks to try their line.

HAL does not give reciprocity with the Princess Captain's Circle program.

However, as once who has cruised on Princess, you will be considered a HAL past passenger with zero HAL cruises. This entitles you to  (a) attendance at a lunch for past passengers (very limited menu, very short speech by the Captain) and (b) a commemorative tile with a HAL ship theme.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

HAL does not give reciprocity with the Princess Captain's Circle program.

However, as once who has cruised on Princess, you will be considered a HAL past passenger with zero HAL cruises. This entitles you to  (a) attendance at a lunch for past passengers (very limited menu, very short speech by the Captain) and (b) a commemorative tile with a HAL ship theme.

Yes, I know that they don't reciprocate benefits and that' why I said, "if" I would jump aboard.  They do show a nice welcome to their "sister" cruise line passengers.  The other consideration was itinerary and they really don't have a significant lineup of different ports than PCL.  Even though it might be something to look at in the future.

Didn't see this previously mentioned. HAL is unique in that they try to put a Catholic priest on every cruise. We've seen priests on Princess if they are relocating, but only a couple times. Those of that faith might appreciate masses.

Edited by mtnesterz
  • Like 1