11 hours ago, Shmoo here said:

I don't really know the answer, but I would think, if a cruise line that requires mask wearing because they port in a US port, allows people to remove their masks once out of US waters, they could probably be banned from porting in US ports.

Makes sense - of course US rules cannot be enforced by US authority outside of US waters -  but if a cruise line does not commit to enforce its own rules (which presumably comply with US goals), US authority can simply deny the line access to US ports.

On 1/17/2021 at 6:03 AM, CruiserBruce said:

Thank you!! Nobody knows. Its all speculation at this point. And there is tons of speculation, and virtually no known facts.

It may not be a fact,  but I read this today in  the San Diego Union Tribune.

As of the 5 weeks ended December 26, 2019.....

sales of Cold, Flu and Cough Medicine are DOWN 46%

according to market data released by Nielsen.

That is a big drop from the previous year flu and cold season

I had been looking for some news of this type for some time to see if masks and social distancing would have any effect on flu or the common cold.

1 hour ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

Agree with this comment in today's press:

Face it, we are a nation of spoiled brats. The mask protects others from you. If you are vaccinated you may still inhale the virus and then spread it. You may not feel it, but it may kill someone else. Just wear the d@mned mask until the experts saI y it is safe not to do it.
That IS why they are called experts. Haven't enough died already?

Agreed.

I think I'm going to change my signature line to:  "Wear the mask -- show you are capable of caring about someone other than yourself."

2 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Agreed.

I think I'm going to change my signature line to:  "Wear the mask -- show you are capable of caring about someone other than yourself."

Someone should put that on a mask "I wear because I care" 😂

27 minutes ago, JRG said:

It may not be a fact,  but I read this today in  the San Diego Union Tribune.

As of the 5 weeks ended December 26, 2019.....

sales of Cold, Flu and Cough Medicine are DOWN 46%

according to market data released by Nielsen.

That is a big drop from the previous year flu and cold season

I had been looking for some news of this type for some time to see if masks and social distancing would have any effect on flu or the common cold.

Of course masks and distancing which demonstrably limit transmission of COVID virus will virtually certainly limit transmission of cold and flu virus.  I suppose it is not yet a proven fact, but it is very difficult to not make the connection.

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Agreed.

With perhaps a footnote pointing out that the mask which protects others from you must to some degree protect you from others.    Pointing out self interest is probably the best way to get the selfish schlubs to think.

On 1/17/2021 at 4:53 PM, Tapi said:

Oh brother...🤦🏻‍♂️

Just a guess, but we will have at least 100 days of mask requirements, as well as other long overdue and much needed measures, beginning on January 20th or shortly thereafter! 😀

Understanding that the mask is not to protect yourself, but to protect your fellow cruisers , you’re doing the right thing by not cruising if you won’t wear a mask. For that humble and selfless act of kindness, I thank you! 

I would do at least 1,000.  Why?  Why not? I like this number better than 100.  What a magic number, 100 is!  The only actual real sense in it is after 100 days from now there will be... yes, the Spring!  So, a month ago I would write 130 days.  Basically, we have to hide at winter time, then emerge, then hide again next winter, and so on.  The exception was last summer when this "rule" did not apply, but that was prior to the fresh new 2-day old glorious era.

Pretty simple wear a mask, stop travel and go into lockdown for 100 days..

We have done it and come out the other side... it is your turn......

being number one of Covid-19 number requires urgent action now.....

good luck........ and forget about cruising and who is right or wrong