Travel & COVID Tests

CaroleLee

Question for everyone( am also sending this to my cruise line)

The US is now requiring a negative COVID test within 72 hrs of arrival in the US from abroad. Any idea how cruise line will handle this not only for just cruise but for those taking a post cruise extension?

Saty safe

Carole

I hoping that by the time cruising resumes this will no longer be a requirement due to the numbers being way down because of vaccinations.

If you did a post cruise extension, would you fly home?  If so, the airlines are requiring the test before boarding, so you would take the test in the terminal.  I haven't flown since January 2020 so this info may be wrong or out of date.  Things seem to be changing on a daily basis.  

23 hours ago, Roz said:

I hoping that by the time cruising resumes this will no longer be a requirement due to the numbers being way down because of vaccinations.

If you did a post cruise extension, would you fly home?  If so, the airlines are requiring the test before boarding, so you would take the test in the terminal.  I haven't flown since January 2020 so this info may be wrong or out of date.  Things seem to be changing on a daily basis.  

We would be returning from Zurich to NYC. I also hope that if we present a vaccination certificate that this would be waived. We have our vaccination appts scheduled several months prior to our cruise.

Thx for your reply

Carole

• Like 1

I don't think the cruise lines will be looking into making sure it's passengers have the required tests, I would think that would be up the the individual involved.  Every country will have it's own requirements, so I wouldn't expect the cruise line to provide tests unless it is a requirement for them to sail.  They only provide transfers to the airport if requested, or if you book their air usually, so I can't see them providing Covid testing.  You would be best to wait until closer to your cruise to see what the regulations are, and how to handle this.