Jump to content

Apex Single Infinite V or Panoramic OV


bigsqfeet
 Share

Recommended Posts

Greetings all. I’m booked on the Apex 4/30/2022 Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam, 14 days in a single infinite veranda on deck 6. This is a particularly small cabin approx 135 sq ft + 45 veranda. 
 

I can book a panoramic ocean view for the same cost — obviously larger around 200 sq ft with sofa area, etc. (solo price). 
 

Will I miss the opportunity for some fresh air? Or feel trapped in the ocean view?

 

I’m almost leaning toward the ocean view for maximum comfort for 14 days. 
 

Would anyone care to offer opinions, insights etc. All appreciated. 
 

THANK YOU. Stay safe everyone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

TBT 

I have never booked a cabin without a veranda.  So, imho, even though there is more room in the ocean view, I would definitely opt for veranda.  I'm sure there are people here that have done both.  But the fact that I can at any time (day or night) be "outside" is a deal breaker for me...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One point for the Single Infinite is when you open your veranda, you basically have a 180sqft SR. It’s more connected than the regular balconies on other ships. 

 

We don’t spent a lot of time in our SR so unless you are going to have guests over, you might enjoy the Single with the veranda. A number of people with correctly state the Infinite veranda isn’t the same as being out on a more open balcony, but I enjoyed the Infinite a great deal because I found it opening the entire SR up. 

 

Just an opinion based on Not having stayed in a Single SR or a Panoramic. 

 

Den

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, bigsqfeet said:

Greetings all. I’m booked on the Apex 4/30/2022 Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam, 14 days in a single infinite veranda on deck 6. This is a particularly small cabin approx 135 sq ft + 45 veranda. 
 

I can book a panoramic ocean view for the same cost — obviously larger around 200 sq ft with sofa area, etc. (solo price). 
 

Will I miss the opportunity for some fresh air? Or feel trapped in the ocean view?

 

I’m almost leaning toward the ocean view for maximum comfort for 14 days. 
 

Would anyone care to offer opinions, insights etc. All appreciated. 
 

THANK YOU. Stay safe everyone. 

I always opt for the verandah, balcony or whatever you want to call it, no matter what type of cruise.  Especially on a TA (I've not done one yet but have one booked) with many sea days, the fresh sea air coming into the cabin...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The deck plan website I use indicates the ES cabin is 142+42 while the PO is 212.  So your choice is between a 184 with a window that opens and a 212 with a window that does not.

 

Note that most of the 28 sq ft difference is the difference between a single twin and a king bed - about 20 sq ft for the wider bed and about another 6 or 7 sq ft for the extra unusable space between the foot of the wider bed and the cabin wall.  So the rest of the cabin is essentially the same size in both cabins.

 

If you're happy sleeping on a twin rather than a king, then the cabin with a window that opens is the best choice.

Edited by NantahalaCruiser
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our friend was booked in a Deck 6 Solo Infinite Veranda cabin on the Edge Inaugural. It was quite small inside with limited storage and (WARNING) the veranda was obstructed by a lifeboat! We were in a full-size IV cabin and I felt the veranda was tight. Plus the captain can control whether you can open the glass on the IV cabins.

 

I would book an Infinite OV over the ES. I'd also consider the forward OV cabins on the Edge class.

 

There are many outdoor spaces on the Edge, and one of the more secluded areas is outside Eden so you would not need to feel a prisoner in a cabin sans veranda.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate hearing your thoughts. Perhaps I’ll keep the infinite veranda — then I will at least know how I feel about it vs. a regular balcony. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Apex has 8 more single IV cabins than Edge, these are 6136-6139 and 6224-6227. On Edge these were OV cabins. The deckplan shows these single cabins on Apex as being the same size as OV cabins were on Edge. It is possible that the cabin doors are inline with the other single IVs and that the deckplans hust haven't been updated. These 8 cabin will either be the same size or bigger than the other singles, so it's probably a no risk option to select one of these. 

Also, the lack of storage space in the single IVs on Edge was a commonly reported issue. It's possible that this was one of the tweaks incorporated into Apex - but isn't sexy enough to merit reporting.

image.png.1f52918a87a56d6e1fbe22fc5600cee0.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2021 at 3:59 PM, TMLAalum said:

Our friend was booked in a Deck 6 Solo Infinite Veranda cabin on the Edge Inaugural. It was quite small inside with limited storage and (WARNING) the veranda was obstructed by a lifeboat! We were in a full-size IV cabin and I felt the veranda was tight. Plus the captain can control whether you can open the glass on the IV cabins.

 

I would book an Infinite OV over the ES. I'd also consider the forward OV cabins on the Edge class.

 

There are many outdoor spaces on the Edge, and one of the more secluded areas is outside Eden so you would not need to feel a prisoner in a cabin sans veranda.

I am booked on the Edge ES 6217, and my confirmation says 0% obstruction.  Do you remember your friend’s cabin number?  I don’t want an unpleasant surprise.

thanks,

Edited by Suzanne123
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

I am booked on the Edge ES 6217, and my confirmation says 0% obstruction.  Do you remember your friend’s cabin number?  I don’t want an unpleasant surprise.

thanks,

 Her cabin was portside by the forward elevators- 6143 or 6145.

Try googling for photos/videos of your cabin #- often I find cruisers have posted tours of their cabins on you tube or elsewhere.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/19/2021 at 4:31 PM, bigsqfeet said:

Greetings all. I’m booked on the Apex 4/30/2022 Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam, 14 days in a single infinite veranda on deck 6. This is a particularly small cabin approx 135 sq ft + 45 veranda. 
 

I can book a panoramic ocean view for the same cost — obviously larger around 200 sq ft with sofa area, etc. (solo price). 
 

Will I miss the opportunity for some fresh air? Or feel trapped in the ocean view?

 

I’m almost leaning toward the ocean view for maximum comfort for 14 days. 
 

Would anyone care to offer opinions, insights etc. All appreciated. 
 

THANK YOU. Stay safe everyone. 

 

I haven’t stayed in either cabin but in the present situation I would go for a balcony....Much as we hope when cruising resumes there will be no room isolations or extended stays I just wouldn’t take the risk of being possibly being stuck in any room without being able to at least get some fresh air.

 

I apologise if I sound ‘doom and gloom’ but your Apex cruise may be the first TA for some time (not holding out much hope for any ships getting over this year). If anyone at all was to show any symptoms I think the response would (quite rightly) be quick and restrictive.

 

Again my apologies for sounding negative, I am usually a ‘my glass is half full’ person but I do think as cruising resumes ships will take no risks with passenger health, especially on a cruise with many sea days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite always booking staterooms with balconies (usually Aqua) we had a Panoramic Ocean View on Edge. It was 6130 with an obstructed view (lifeboat davit) Simply because of the huge difference in price.

 

We really enjoyed the stateroom. The floor to ceiling window made the stateroom bright and provided great views. We would book it again and try to get one without obstruction.

 

IMG_8653.thumb.JPG.6f25a0c339b671d5f469281e18c2b7fd.JPG

 

IMG_8652.thumb.JPG.48abd2520b54abf93969e76d23d1b2b4.JPG

 

IMG_9693.thumb.JPG.08f0cd1fe7a6ca14a2ae1e712adb6402.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Despite always booking staterooms with balconies (usually Aqua) we had a Panoramic Ocean View on Edge. It was 6130 with an obstructed view (lifeboat davit) Simply because of the huge difference in price.

 

We really enjoyed the stateroom. The floor to ceiling window made the stateroom bright and provided great views. We would book it again and try to get one without obstruction.

 

IMG_8653.thumb.JPG.6f25a0c339b671d5f469281e18c2b7fd.JPG

 

IMG_8652.thumb.JPG.48abd2520b54abf93969e76d23d1b2b4.JPG

 

IMG_9693.thumb.JPG.08f0cd1fe7a6ca14a2ae1e712adb6402.JPG

On a TA from Florida to Amsterdam especially in April I'd opt for the oceanview if more space and a sofa.  I feel it would be too cool to sit by the window anyway plus I don't spend much time in my cabin.  On a Caribbean itinerary I would only book a balcony cabin. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On a TA I would definitely go for anything which enabled me to have an idea of what it felt like outside, and therefore what to wear.  So many times in an oceanview you think it looks nice and the tv says it is (but it didn't get updated, as always).  Having just checked out some of the videos for the infinite veranda I personally would avoid it like the plague.  I like to leave my balcony door open slightly overnight so it isn't so dry in the a/c, and also to peek my head through the curtains if I wake up.  I don't want to have to raise a floor to ceiling blackout blind to be able to do that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 5:15 AM, barbette165 said:

Apex has 8 more single IV cabins than Edge, these are 6136-6139 and 6224-6227. On Edge these were OV cabins. The deckplan shows these single cabins on Apex as being the same size as OV cabins were on Edge. It is possible that the cabin doors are inline with the other single IVs and that the deckplans hust haven't been updated. These 8 cabin will either be the same size or bigger than the other singles, so it's probably a no risk option to select one of these. 

Also, the lack of storage space in the single IVs on Edge was a commonly reported issue. It's possible that this was one of the tweaks incorporated into Apex - but isn't sexy enough to merit reporting.

image.png.1f52918a87a56d6e1fbe22fc5600cee0.png

I have been wondering about this as well. I am booked in 6139 ES single infinite veranda. In the Apex deck plan it’s the same size (with balcony) as the PO ocean view. Would Celebrity just eliminate cabin square footage for the sake of cabin class uniformity???  Hope I get to find out  🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, LouTheGlue said:

We loved our Panoramic Ocean View Cabin on the Edge (click link for lots of photos) but for us we will only cruise in Balcony/Veranda cabins from now on.

Great photos. Thank you. Looks like a wonderful space. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's nice to worry about the cabin details, but can this cruise even happen under current CDC rules?  I thought the CDC was prohibiting cruises longer than 7 days leaving or arriving from any US port until November 2021.   I know Celebrity is hoping for a waiver for these transatlantic sailings but I haven't seen anything that suggests the CDC will grant a waiver. I also they needed test cruises before any cruising can begin and I haven't seen any evidence anyone is ready for test cruises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's nice to worry about the cabin details, but can this cruise even happen under current CDC rules?  I thought the CDC was prohibiting cruises longer than 7 days leaving or arriving from any US port until November 2021.   I know Celebrity is hoping for a waiver for these transatlantic sailings but I haven't seen anything that suggests the CDC will grant a waiver. I also they needed test cruises before any cruising can begin and I haven't seen any evidence anyone is ready for test cruises.

They are looking at April 2022, not this year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

It's nice to worry about the cabin details, but can this cruise even happen under current CDC rules?  I thought the CDC was prohibiting cruises longer than 7 days leaving or arriving from any US port until November 2021.   I know Celebrity is hoping for a waiver for these transatlantic sailings but I haven't seen anything that suggests the CDC will grant a waiver. I also they needed test cruises before any cruising can begin and I haven't seen any evidence anyone is ready for test cruises.

I called a couple of days ago to inquire about my FCC and was told sailings will resume May 1 of this year. I wonder where they think they'll be sailing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 2/3/2021 at 6:29 AM, Suzanne123 said:

I came across this list of obstructed view cabins and thought it might be helpful to others.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/EDGE_Percent_Obstructed_View.pdf

Thanks for posting. Do you know what the different categories mean?

 

Is the  Edge Single Stateroom Infinite Balcony only on the Apex or is it on other Celebrity ships?

 

Thanks!

 

Tom😀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...