Another sad morning.  Just been advised that our cruise to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands in March 2022 is cancelled as Pacific Princess has been sold to an undisclosed buyer.  As Oceania and Azamara have her sisters, let’s hope she finds a new home rather than a beach somewhere, though I doubt it, unfortunately.

Sad news for many as it was a popular ship with many loyal Princess cruisers.

It was one of the few remaining ships in the fleet able to dock at Venice.

I think only the Coral and the Island can now.

Sorry about your cruise next year I hope you can find another one to replace it.

Sad news, great little ships the RR class. We did a big 3 week cruise on PP, Sydney to Osaka in 2005.

I wonder if she was sold to the same mob that just bought the Azama trio?

1 minute ago, MicCanberra said:

Sign of the times.

I think there will be several more well known ships depart their fleets in the next year or two.

😥😥😥

We were booked to go on her up to Japan this year but that was cancelled so we booked for March next year. Luckily I also booked a Plan B cruise for the same period so we'll be doing the Australia circumnavigation on Coral instead.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

😥😥😥

We were booked to go on her up to Japan this year but that was cancelled so we booked for March next year. Luckily I also booked a Plan B cruise for the same period so we'll be doing the Australia circumnavigation on Coral instead.

I would love to do another circumnavigation, but not sure if he old back will handle it, last few cruises were a nightmare, you think the ship barely moves, but every little shudder was hell. But I am still on a wait list for that one if they can find me an accessible balcony I will need to make my mind up.

3 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I would love to do another circumnavigation, but not sure if he old back will handle it, last few cruises were a nightmare, you think the ship barely moves, but every little shudder was hell. But I am still on a wait list for that one if they can find me an accessible balcony I will need to make my mind up.

The circumnavigation has been on our bucket list for quite a while. We had booked on Sapphire for last September but, of course, that didn't happen. I'm so glad I booked the March 22 one as an alternative as it's been fully booked for months, almost from when it was first released.

It's a shame about Pacific, I really wanted to try that ship. 

Princess seem to be getting rid of all the ships we like unfortunately.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Princess seem to be getting rid of all the ships we like unfortunately.

I’m sure when cruising starts again we will all learn to love our new ship offerings. 💞💕💖💝❣️

6 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

I’m sure when cruising starts again we will all learn to love our new ship offerings. 💞💕💖💝❣️

I've already been on Royal and Majestic and aren't interested on going on any more of the Royal class ships. They are just too big. Ditto the extended Grand class ships like Ruby and Emerald. So that doesn't leave many to go on. 

6 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've already been on Royal and Majestic and aren't interested on going on any more of the Royal class ships. They are just too big. Ditto the extended Grand class ships like Ruby and Emerald. So that doesn't leave many to go on. 

Didn’t like Majestic at all, but found Diamond fine, I think it was the extra floor of cabins with the same public space that made the difference.

our Circumnavigation was on Diamond, so 35 nights.

Cabins will become available on the 2022 circumnavigation I am sure, but will I find an accessible is the big question.

49 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Didn’t like Majestic at all, but found Diamond fine, I think it was the extra floor of cabins with the same public space that made the difference.

our Circumnavigation was on Diamond, so 35 nights.

Cabins will become available on the 2022 circumnavigation I am sure, but will I find an accessible is the big question.

Yes, Diamond is nice to cruise on and I imagine Sapphire is the same.

It's Ruby and Emerald (and several others) that had the extra deck of cabins added. We did a short cruise on Ruby just before Christmas 2019. She was packed to the gills! The MDRs offering Anytime Dining just weren't coping. If you wanted a table for two for breakfast you had to line up well before the dining room opened. Getting a table in the buffet was almost impossible, ditto finding a seat in the IC for coffee. Even the Sanctuary was chocka!

The Royal class ships like Majestic are a much bigger design overall, with no real Wheelhouse Bar, just a small bar outside the Crown Grill. No Explorers Lounge either, just that weird Princess Live area. And the theatre was so small you had to get there 45 minutes before a show to get a seat. Majestic had other issues too, like the popup Crooners / sports bar. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Yeah I think I had Majestic and Emerald mixed, did pretty much identical cruise on both, wasn’t overly keen on either of them, Majestic did however have the Pizza restaurant and we had muster there the manager made sure I got a spot where my wheelchair wasn’t constantly bumped, and took great care of us, asking Mrs Gut was I OK and could he do anything to help us, everytime he saw her without me. One lunch time I was laid up in our cabin, knock, knock, a pizza hand delivered because she told him I wasn’t having lunch as wasn’t doing too well.

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

And Crown Princess, did British Isles on her in 2009. She is a 'Super Grand' like Ruby.  That extra passenger deck impacts on public areas, lounges, bars, theatre, MDR/Buffet. Been on both Crown and Ruby. As for Royal class, been on Royal Princess, not a fan, too many pax, no prom deck, shortage of theatre seats, well shortage of seats in most public areas.

Edited by NSWP
8 hours ago, IMSYDNEYAUS said:

Another sad morning.  Just been advised that our cruise to Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands in March 2022 is cancelled as Pacific Princess has been sold to an undisclosed buyer.  As Oceania and Azamara have her sisters, let’s hope she finds a new home rather than a beach somewhere, though I doubt it, unfortunately.

We were booked on this cruise too. Bit disappointing. Yet to tell partner that his 50th birthday present needs to be rethought.

57 minutes ago, icat2000 said:

We were booked on this cruise too. Bit disappointing. Yet to tell partner that his 50th birthday present needs to be rethought.

Commiserations Sarah, but you are both are young enough to have plenty of cruise years ahead. Yes a pity you missed PP, great little ship.

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

Such a shame for his Birthday Cruise to be cancelled.

6 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Perhaps Pacific Adventure, Encounter or Explorer would suit 🤔 

Times they are a-changing 🎶

43 minutes ago, Porky55 said:

Perhaps Pacific Adventure, Encounter or Explorer would suit 🤔 

Times they are a-changing 🎶

No thanks. I don't think P&O Australia would be a good fit for us. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
2 hours ago, icat2000 said:

So we’re we, originally booked on the Sun Princess to do New Guinea in March 2020 but covid put an end to that so booked this one to replace it. Someone is sending me a message...oh well ,at least the FCC are building up. 😂

25 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

So we’re we, originally booked on the Sun Princess to do New Guinea in March 2020 but covid put an end to that so booked this one to replace it. Someone is sending me a message...oh well ,at least the FCC are building up. 😂

Not great if you can never get to use it.