A different cancel/obc kind of question.

dcedar

At least I think my questions is different. I tried searching but I couldn't find my situation...

I have a cruise booked. When I booked I was given $200 OBC for a birthday promotion. 

If my cruise is cancelled... will my $200 transfer to another booking? 

11 minutes ago, dcedar said:

At least I think my questions is different. I tried searching but I couldn't find my situation...

I have a cruise booked. When I booked I was given $200 OBC for a birthday promotion. 

It certainly should.  Typically the OBC offered when you book is under a certain rate code.  That rate code should be able to be applied when you transfer (if the cruise is cancelled).

I have the same situation.  I have $200 obc for my room and my sailing is May 3, so more than likely to be cancelled if we are being honest.  I fully expect that $200 to stay on the booking when I transfer.

1 hour ago, dcedar said:

1 hour ago, cmukid87 said:

It certainly should.  Typically the OBC offered when you book is under a certain rate code.  That rate code should be able to be applied when you transfer (if the cruise is cancelled).

I have the same situation.  I have $200 obc for my room and my sailing is May 3, so more than likely to be cancelled if we are being honest.  I fully expect that $200 to stay on the booking when I transfer.

OBC offers do not stack or transfer.  If you have another offer with birthday OBC, you can book under that and get the OBC on your new cruise

Usually OBC does not transfer. However, when you rebook you can try to negotiate to have it reinstated or at least find out if that promotion is still in effect. I don't know about Carnival but I when I rebooked my canceled cruises on Princess to next year I was able to get part of my lost OBC transferred, but I had to ask my PVP to request it.

When one of my cruises was canceled I lost $200 OBC that was promotional for canceled cruise. So happened that the cruise that I rebooked had a promotional offer of free gratuities. You loose promotional OBC on a canceled cruise and get whatever comes with new cruise. Will not hurt to ask, though!

Thanks everyone. I have a feeling my cruise is going to get canceled. It is not until December but it involves Key West. KW is no longer allowing cruise ships over a certain number of passengers. SO I hope they just change the itinerary and not cancel the whole cruise.