Carnival magic

kids1stcruise

We haven't stayed in one, but I was curious. They're right below the bridge. I don't know what that means for possible noise, maybe someone can let you know.

There's a small observation deck right out the window, so they're considered "obstructed view" cabins. Those decks are open to passengers, but aren't well known on the ships that have them, so they usually don't get a lot of traffic. But that's what you'd be seeing out your window. It'd look like this, depending on which cabin you're in...

uc?export=download&id=1leOk4Hnamgp7FVXw85vwd_PMDgIoClk3

We've stayed in several 4J's on several different ships, including the Breeze which is a sister ship to Magic and we love them. We've had them under the bridge and there is zero noise...as well as other decks...noise is not an issue. We love them in part because the views from the front of the ship are some of the best on board. Some worry about people looking in through the window, which could happen...we've never given it a second thought. We try and book 4J's first, and when we are not been able to get them, we book interiors as close to the 4J's as we can get so we have easy access to the forward deck. 

Edited by bar1068
words missing

I love 4J.. The chance of anyone seeing into your cabin is very slim.  The  small deck outside your window has very little traffic  Even if people do pass by, the position of the window to where people are walking is not at eye level, but closer to the bottom of the deck, and your window is at the top of your cabin and the glass is positioned in such a way that even someone deliberately looking in (which is highly improbable) is more  looking up toward the ceiling than into the cabin.  Usually it just looks dark from the deck.  We actually went out on the deck at different times of the day and checked how our cabin looked. Ours was on the Lido deck and it was so quiet and convenient  (but at an inside price - just a few dollars more than a porthole).

On 1/23/2021 at 8:48 AM, kids1stcruise said:

I am looking at 4j deck 7...thoughts?

I personally got moved to a hc 4j and wouldnt be my choice ever again. Beds didnt push together it was so small,.  Windy and stormy so they locked the doors so you couldnt walk out on the deck in front of the cabin all week. 

There was a sign to close the curtains every  night so the light didnt interfere with navigation. 

Personally I'd rather have a larger port hole cabin than what I had. I like to wake up and see the weather, not have to wake up and go pull the black out curtains. ..which is what I booked. I got moved to a hc without notifying me of the change. My pvp said well they probably saw in the past I asked for a shower chair .  For my sister, not me, so thought they did me a favor. I was pissed off.

Port hole cabins the PTs are 220 sf, the same as a ov, and 1A with port holes almost that size. My pick if availble. I want to wake up and see the weather without getting out of bed.

1 hour ago, kids1stcruise said:

Thanks...4j is booked. I will take Dramamine regardless 👍🏻 I never booked forward. Always stayed in balcony mid or back

I booked a 4j on the Destiny. On that ship, it had no pullman bunks, but had a trundle bed. We went with three. When making reservations at times, it is for two and some people are unaware when they look up cruises that you may bring one more to a cabin not designed for it. There may be no chairs outside when you go. So if there is your desk chair, bring it if you stay there for a while. Many Carnival ships only have ocean views on the first and second decks. Being in between the lower public decks and the top public decks makes it easier if you need to walk down some decks as opposed to walking up some decks or taking the elevators all the time.