Final Payment Date

MsTabbyKats

38 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

My final payment date for my now cancelled April cruise was 60 days before sailing.  I'm wondering, did they extend the "60 Day Policy" to cruises after April?

The final payment date for my booked PoA cruise, Oct 23, 2021, is June 23, 2021 -> 120 days before sailing. I thought that was the way it is for all NCL cruises. On my other booked cruises on RCL & CCL, the final payment dates are 90 days before sailing.

On November 23rd we received the Peace of Mind extension for our May 14th cruise.   I've copied part of that letter below.   

n

"As such, today, I am proud to announce a new final payment schedule for all voyages through June 2021. The final payment for all sailings through June 30, 2021 has been postponed until 60 days prior to embarkation versus the standard 120 days for both new and existing reservations. Our hope is that our new final payment along with our previously communicated Peace of Mind  policy, which allows you to cancel up to 15 days prior to embarkation for a future cruise credit...."

Edited by Sand and Seas
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

On November 23rd we received the Peace of Mind extension for our May 14th cruise.   I've copied part of that letter below.   

n

"As such, today, I am proud to announce a new final payment schedule for all voyages through June 2021. The final payment for all sailings through June 30, 2021 has been postponed until 60 days prior to embarkation versus the standard 120 days for both new and existing reservations. Our hope is that our new final payment along with our previously communicated Peace of Mind  policy, which allows you to cancel up to 15 days prior to embarkation for a future cruise credit...."

Thanks. I hope NCL extends this 60 day final payment schedule for all booked cruises in 2021. This policy probably won't be retroactive for existing books though.

10 minutes ago, farmersfight said:

Thanks. I hope NCL extends this 60 day final payment schedule for all booked cruises in 2021. This policy probably won't be retroactive for existing books though.

I was booked and had the standard "120 days" final payment due, and then they changed it to 60 days.

I'm hoping for my Oct cruise it gets changed to the 60 day policy....even though I can cancel up to 15 days in advance, I don't want a FCC on the entire fare.

this is from the Peace of Mind site:

Book Risk-Free

For all cruises through June 30, 2021, you can cancel up to 2 months before your sailing and receive a full refund under our modified cancellation policy. After June 2021, our normal cancellation window is four months before your cruise vacation.

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/book-with-confidence?cheetahid=5000067297166&cid=EM_MKL_LTM_PGU_EML_img2_EML_PEACEOFMIND_LAT011021#freedom-flexibility

• 3 weeks later...

Please NCL, will you, as there is so much uncertainty about all cruises through to March 2022, move all final payment dates, till then, to 60 Days and also move the Book Risk-free to 2 months to that date too.

Bit the bullet now rather than do it two or three months at a time.

Edited by casofilia

1 hour ago, northernrose said:

Our Dawn ship is May 9 2021 Greek Isles. Our final payment date is February 9 2021. But the way things are going we are hopeful cruises are on in May.

Final payment should be 60 days before departure, so it will be around March 9.

Anyway it is likely that NCL will announce the cancellation of May cruises soon.

32 minutes ago, catinhat said:

Do we get our $250 deposit back (whether it's cash or a cruise certificate) if we cancel before the 60 or 120 days?    Or do we lose that amount upon cancellation?

If you are from US, there will be no cancellation charge at more than 60 days before departure.

If you paid $250 by cash, you get back $250 by cash. If you paid by cruise certificate, you get back the same certificate.

• Like 1