Sounds like Carnival Corp - Princess Cruises, have got a serve in the book, i.e. alleged 'corporate greed of an industry, with a history of caring only for it's bottom line.'   Heard it all before.

Well the NSW Police 👮‍♀️ investigation has several months to run. The dust has not settled yet. Ye olde handcuffs are still well oiled with WD40.👮‍♀️😃

On 2/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, Cruisegroover said:

I recently sent an email to NSW Govt asking what was happening with the police investigation since it has now been 10 months since it commenced. Here is the answer - 

I refer to your email to the Minister for Police and Emergency Services, the Hon David Elliott MP, concerning the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. The Minister has asked the Department of Communities and Justice to respond on his behalf.
The matters raised in your correspondence are noted. The Minister is unable to intervene in police operational matters. These matters are the responsibility of the Commissioner of Police.
I have taken this opportunity to forward a copy of your correspondence to the NSW Police Force regarding the questions you have raised.
I can advise that the report of the Inquiry into the Ruby Princess has been made available to the general public at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/publications/special-commissions-of-inquiry/the-special-commission-of-inquiry-into-the-ruby-princess/.
If you would like to enquire about obtaining a hard copy of the report, you can contact the Department of Premier and Cabinet at https://www.dpc.nsw.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-department-of-premier-and-cabinet/.
Thank you for raising this matter with the Minister.
Yours sincerely
Briefings & Correspondence
Law Reform & Legal Services
9 February

My comment on this is I DID NOT ask about the Special Commission of Inquiry into the Ruby Princess. I asked about the police investigation Strike Force Bast so why they decided to answer about the Special Commission is pure government deflection IMO. 

And here is the reply I got from the NSW Police

image.png

If the NSW Police or the NSW government felt it was worthwhile conducting a police investigation into the Ruby Princess COVID outbreak, maybe the Victorian government or Vic Police should conduct an investigation of the outbreaks from Victorian quarantine hotels. The Victorian incidents resulted in many more infections and many more deaths.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

If the NSW Police or the NSW government felt it was worthwhile conducting a police investigation into the Ruby Princess COVID outbreak, maybe the Victorian government or Vic Police should conduct an investigation of the outbreaks from Victorian quarantine hotels. The Victorian incidents resulted in many more infections and many more deaths.

There was an inquiry.

https://www.quarantineinquiry.vic.gov.au