No longer receiving email notifications of new postings on followed boards

I'm not sure when this stopped, but I just noticed that there have been a number of new postings to the boards that I follow and I have not received any emails for months on any of these.  I have checked my settings and I am set to receive immediate notification.

• 6 months later...
2 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I haven't received an email from CC in months & I have no filters in my inbox for that email address. 

I thought CC just gave up on sending them. 

Have you been checking your spam folder? While you may not have any filters most email servers filter mail before it gets to your email client.

Just now, broberts said:

Have you been checking your spam folder? While you may not have any filters most email servers filter mail before it gets to your email client.

I don't have a Spam Folder or at least it's not showing I have one.

I'm using Thunderbird. 

8 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I don't have a Spam Folder or at least it's not showing I have one.

I'm using Thunderbird. 

If your mail server has a browser interface using it should give you access to any junk/spam folder.

If Thunderbird is using imap to the mail server (as opposed to pop 3) there is an account setting that can expose the folder. If you don't know what imap and pop 3 are, ignore this paragraph.

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

I haven't received an email from CC in months & I have no filters in my inbox for that email address. 

I thought CC just gave up on sending them. 

Howdy @MissP22 emo22.gif

Have you read How To: Change Email Settings/Unsubscribe: Notification Settings? All I can add is the following info:

Regarding Notifications, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located upper right over the small Search bubble in the blue bar. Next, click Account Settings. Under Other Settings, click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear, look through the various settings in both the Your Notifications section at the top & Notification Types Available section at the bottom. On the top section, click the little down arrow to open each item and make sure each is set for your preference. (Personally, I no longer use email for Cruise Critic notifications. I have all set to Notification List so I just click the bell to get the list for mine.) On the bottom section, you will see your current Cruise Critic email address of record. If it is not correct, please see How to: Change Cruise Critic email address of record. Also, you will be able to click the buttons for the following:

image.png.2cb0514f5aa7629e957a01dd16106ee5.png

Next, please make sure you have the email address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row from Cruise Critic would be spam, they bounce one of the Cruise Critic emails back to Cruise Critic. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced back to Cruise Critic, then the Cruise Critic software stops sending you any further notification emails. Please email help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your user name. Explain the above possible bounce back situation and ask if the situation applies to your Cruise Critic account. IIRC, CC Help Jenn can possibly investigate for the bounce back situation and possibly correct.

Hope something in this reply will be helpful! 🤞

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif