Name of new Azamara ship?

paf225

All *ward names have "belonged" to the early NCL. (Sunward, Starward, Skyward, Southward, Seaward, Westward, Dreamward, Windward and Leeward.)

"Onward" doesn't tick any boxes for me. 
"So, what ship are you on?"

"We are on the "Onwards" "

"On the what...??"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruiser6270 said:

Maybe a  La La Land moment ?  

I assume “Onward” received the most votes from the “loyal customer” email and the associated other voting platforms?  Hadn’t realised I liked “Forth” as much as I do now 🥴

Really looking forward to hearing about “Onwards” itineraries.

Regards

• Like 1

The ship name is not that important to me…but I am pretty sure Onward was my choice. 😉 I am also responsible for the Hilton Doubletree’s redesigned logo. Two times I got my choice after participating in a survey.

So as I previously mentioned Discovery was one of my suggestions and so of course I voted for that...but I have to say, like “Pursuit” the name “Onward” is already growing on me. First of all it fits well with the other three names. Also I like the sense of positive momentum, resilience and optimism it implies. I also think it is a very appropriate name for a ship that will be the first AZ launches post-pandemic. It gives me a sense of hope. I will be hoping to sail her as soon as she’s ready...my husband believes international travel will not truly be feasible  (especially to multiple countries) until 2022 anyway so we are planning for that and focusing any 2021 adventures on the U.S.  See you in 2022 Azamara Onward!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, AllisonJames said:

So as I previously mentioned Discovery was one of my suggestions and so of course I voted for that...but I have to say, like “Pursuit” the name “Onward” is already growing on me. First of all it fits well with the other three names. Also I like the sense of positive momentum, resilience and optimism it implies. I also think it is a very appropriate name for a ship that will be the first AZ launches post-pandemic. It gives me a sense of hope. I will be hoping to sail her as soon as she’s ready...my husband believes international travel will not truly be feasible  (especially to multiple countries) until 2022 anyway so we are planning for that and focusing any 2021 adventures on the U.S.  See you in 2022 Azamara Onward!

I was not happy with any of the choices. My suggestion was Azamara Venture. 

The important thing is that we now have four ships. 😁 The triplets and good old auntie Onward. 😂

Edited by oddjob16
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

I was not happy with any of the choices. My suggestion was Azamara Venture. 

The important thing is that we now have four ships. 😁 The triplets and good old auntie Onward. 😂

Venture was my favourite too, but it didn't even make the shortlist. However, there is a fourth ship which is positive news. 

Phil 

• Like 3