Royal Star class

I've been a regular Carnival cruiser for years and have 1 Royal cruise under my belt.  It was not an enjoyable experience because of circumstances out of Royal's control and what I thought was lackluster food.

The highlight of that trip was the suite and the concierge we had on the Liberty of the Seas.  I am now looking at the Harmony of the Seas and the 2BR Aquatheater suites.  From my understanding the Genie that is part of the Star class suites will make my previous experience look a little bland.  I have also read there seems to be a marked difference depending on the Genie.  

My questions really focus on 2 things.  From my research it appears the there is some subtle difference in the dining package and that the Star class gets some of the upcharged meals, ie the seafood tower, included.  I was wondering if that was actually noted somewhere or is that just something that is done.  The second question is hosting a small party in your suite.  I've read where people talk about the Genie helping arrange one and they would get it stocked with beer and soft drinks but I was reading on Royal's site and it made it sound like that was a special event that was handled via catering with a cost associated.

A third question is in regards to noise in the Aquatheater suites.  I have read differing opinions on the noise level.  Some have said it was bad inside the cabin and others have said that it was only bad when on the balcony.  To be honest it won't stop me from booking that cabin as the noise is absolutely not an issue for me.

One last thing, I would love to hear suggestions of the best use of the Star class perks and how to make the most of the cruise.   I am really looking forward to booking this trip as when I look back on my previous Royal cruise I have come to the conclusion that I really missed out on what should have been a fabulous vacation because of my injuries.  It seems I liked everything about it better than my previous Carnival cruises except the food.

Thanks for reading my rambling.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, texhockey said:

I've been a regular Carnival cruiser for years and have 1 Royal cruise under my belt.  It was not an enjoyable experience because of circumstances out of Royal's control and what I thought was lackluster food.

The highlight of that trip was the suite and the concierge we had on the Liberty of the Seas.  I am now looking at the Harmony of the Seas and the 2BR Aquatheater suites.  From my understanding the Genie that is part of the Star class suites will make my previous experience look a little bland.  I have also read there seems to be a marked difference depending on the Genie.  

My questions really focus on 2 things.  From my research it appears the there is some subtle difference in the dining package and that the Star class gets some of the upcharged meals, ie the seafood tower, included.  I was wondering if that was actually noted somewhere or is that just something that is done.  The second question is hosting a small party in your suite.  I've read where people talk about the Genie helping arrange one and they would get it stocked with beer and soft drinks but I was reading on Royal's site and it made it sound like that was a special event that was handled via catering with a cost associated.

A third question is in regards to noise in the Aquatheater suites.  I have read differing opinions on the noise level.  Some have said it was bad inside the cabin and others have said that it was only bad when on the balcony.  To be honest it won't stop me from booking that cabin as the noise is absolutely not an issue for me.

One last thing, I would love to hear suggestions of the best use of the Star class perks and how to make the most of the cruise.   I am really looking forward to booking this trip as when I look back on my previous Royal cruise I have come to the conclusion that I really missed out on what should have been a fabulous vacation because of my injuries.  It seems I liked everything about it better than my previous Carnival cruises except the food.

We did 12 days on Allure this March

Cabin 8730

No problems getting any food, except on boarding day

Genie threw a great party. We wanted for nothing. No charge

Room noise not an issue, but light from video screens was. All night long. Only affected balcony and living room.

However, overall wasn't my cup of tea. You can't eat and drink 24/7 for almost two weeks.

Have fun

BTW, how big is your party, and when are you sailing

Edited by John&LaLa

30 minutes ago, texhockey said:

My questions really focus on 2 things.  From my research it appears the there is some subtle difference in the dining package and that the Star class gets some of the upcharged meals, ie the seafood tower, included.  I was wondering if that was actually noted somewhere or is that just something that is done. 

It is just done.  It may not be noted, but the specialty restaurant staff knows even when ordering to your room.

The second question is hosting a small party in your suite.  I've read where people talk about the Genie helping arrange one and they would get it stocked with beer and soft drinks but I was reading on Royal's site and it made it sound like that was a special event that was handled via catering with a cost associated.

The genies in their formal communication will give you the company line about charging.   However once on board it is normally taken care of as long as it is not out of the ordinary.  If you host and need a bartender that will cost extra for sure.

Depends on what is going on in the AT and Boardwalk.  Is it noisy during the day in the room, I found no but at night if a show is going on then it can be but usually over at a reasonable time frame.  There is a side balcony that tends to be quieter.

Search the boards for Star Class reviews and you will find lots of posts and suggestions.  I have sailed Star before and have a few coming up and I am always finding new things to think about when reading the boards. My latest is that I am going to have a private wine tasting event with our friends.  I expect to pay extra for this.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies!  Not sure how many are going to be in our group yet.  Last cruise we had 22 but I'm guessing this one will be closer to 10 maybe.  We are normally a drive to the port kind of group and this time will involve flying into Florida.

This is actually my favorite part, planning everything.  

• Like 1