Celebrity had address for me I've never used with them

twins_to_alaska

My stepmom sent me a text yesterday saying there was mail from Celebrity for me. That had never happened before. She opened and it was a New Years message and mentioned my Nov 2021 cruise. I've never lived there. My folks have never cruised or even looked into a cruise - my dad being one of those folk who thought even before the pandemic that cruise ships were floating germ factories. I called Celebrity this morning and they verified they had multiple addresses for me. My folks up in MA had become the main one (said there was a system upgrade recently), mine here in MD, and some place in IL. They deleted the MA and IL and kept my address.

Weird.

Edited by twins_to_alaska

I was once sent an invoice that needed paying and we didn’t have a cruise booked.

I had previously had ‘reminders’ about our up and coming cruise. I had repeatedly informed CelebrityCruises that we didn’t have a cruise booked. I contacted them via Social Media and told them I had no intention of paying for a cruise that I hadn’t booked. I was rung by Miami that evening and told there had been confusion as the other passenger had a similar first name.🥵

They can purchase and pull addresses from a ton of sources. If you were even on an insurance policy, phone plan, beneficiary on certain policies, etc. with your parents it is likely that addresses may have gotten crossed.