Thank you for starting this thread. I am quite the optimist, and sometimes that's tough these days.

What I love: 

1) Always having something to look forward to - although we have had 4 cruises cancelled and haven't cruised for almost a year, we have 4 cruises scheduled....

2) Cruises are cheap for us - we get our cruises from CAS so we only pay admin and port fees and taxes. We almost always get an interior room, but in the last couple offers we've received, we've been offered Balcony rooms. 

3) We choose our cruises from the list we get from CAS - usually try to choose a place we haven't been yet. I still remember my excitement when we got an offer to cruise from Venice! It was fantastic! If it's a place we've already been, we try to have at least one different port to visit or a different ship. 

4) We love NCL for freestyle dining. I don't like to sit with strangers. We had some odd experiences on prior cruises with Princess and Carnival. And I like to have the option of choosing to eat whenever I want to, and to not have to dress up (except when going to specialty dining).

5) favorite food - love the four mushroom soup at Le Bistro. Love the corn jalapeno chowder from the MDRs. 

6) When we take the walk onto the ship, I usually start to tear up because I am SOOOO happy to get onboard and start our new adventure. 

I have enjoyed reading all of your posts! Thanks for the happy memories!!!

8 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Some positivity on this side of the Atlantic! We have a roadmap out of lockdown, with June 21st being the estimated date for no more masks and no more social distancing!

That's not quite true, right Sir Patrick was asked that very question during the PM's briefing last night and clearly said masks and other measures could be needed into 2022.
June the 21st was the earliest date the final venues would open (even night clubs) but does not mean other measure will end.

Face masks may still be required next winter, Sir Patrick warns

he warned that face masks may be required in the winter, and encouraged people to take personal responsibility for protecting themselves from Covid.

He said “baseline” measures should be expected in the winter, including the wearing of masks in certain situations and proper hand washing.

I am sorry but if Sir Patrick thinks people are going to take masks off and go back to normal life and then suddenly put them back on in winter without a valid concern (cases or hospital visit spike) I think he (and a lot of other governments) are a little out of their minds.   We are not going to become China with masks on all the time year round.

On 2/15/2021 at 7:14 AM, jskinsd said:

Last minute cruises.   The waiving of the solo supplement so a single cruiser only pays for one fare.  Will be a thing from the past now.✌️

Have you seen RCL's sale lately? 60% off the 2nd guest. This essentially lowers the solo supplement down to 40%. Also, another good way to go for us solos is RCL's Quantum-class ships with the studio balcony cabins. Celebrity also is becoming more solo friendly; Celebrity Edge has 16 single infinite veranda staterooms and her newer sister, Celebrity Apex will have 24.

7 hours ago, oteixeira said:

I am sorry but if Sir Patrick thinks people are going to take masks off and go back to normal life and then suddenly put them back on in winter without a valid concern (cases or hospital visit spike) I think he (and a lot of other governments) are a little out of their minds.   We are not going to become China with masks on all the time year round.

errrr no, they aren't coming off, that was the point of his remark.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion on the UKs lockdown exit?

5 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

errrr no, they aren't coming off, that was the point of his remark.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion on the UKs lockdown exit?

I misunderstood I suppose.  I thought the measures were all going to end in June, and then be re-instated in the fall/winter.   I still wonder how anyone in power thinks we will all wear masks everywhere we go once we have hit herd immunity.  

5 minutes ago, oteixeira said:

I misunderstood I suppose.  I thought the measures were all going to end in June, and then be re-instated in the fall/winter.   I still wonder how anyone in power thinks we will all wear masks everywhere we go once we have hit herd immunity.  

That's OK,

We come fully out of lockdown on June 21st (at the earliest, if all goes well) but they made it clear other measures like masks may need to remain into 2022.

They have also (finally) agreed to look into vaccine passports for venues.

Edited by ziggyuk
On 2/23/2021 at 3:22 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

Some positivity on this side of the Atlantic! We have a roadmap out of lockdown, with June 21st being the estimated date for no more masks and no more social distancing!

I wish we had a plan here in the U.S.. All we have is 'the plan of the day' which, obviously, changes with the wind, day to day.

18 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

but they made it clear other measures like masks may need to remain into 2022.

Masks remain into 2022? Are you kidding me? How far into 2022, spring? fall? winter? And, how many masks? 1?, 2? 15??

A continued mask mandate into 2022 is absurd.