Jump to content

Positivity Thread!


Recommended Posts

On 1/29/2021 at 6:46 AM, rainbowflag said:

 

We love the crisp portobello mushroom entree served one evening on a 7 night Carnival cruise.

 

 

what is the "crisp portobello mushroom entree"? 

do you have a picture?

Edited by ARcruisin2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chocolate melting cake and burritos from Blue Iguana, and Serenity Deck.  I miss waking up at 3am (smiling of course) to catch a very early morning flight to my embarkation port a day or two before we embark.....and all that cruise countdown excitement as it gets from triple digits, to double, and then a week or so away.  I took a chance the other day and booked with $100 deposit on the Glory for January 2023....a girls gotta dream, and I have been looking forward to going out of NOLA again since I debarked in 2018 🛳️☀️🌴

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, JerseyGirlJen said:

Chocolate melting cake and burritos from Blue Iguana, and Serenity Deck.  I miss waking up at 3am (smiling of course) to catch a very early morning flight to my embarkation port a day or two before we embark.....and all that cruise countdown excitement as it gets from triple digits, to double, and then a week or so away.  I took a chance the other day and booked with $100 deposit on the Glory for January 2023....a girls gotta dream, and I have been looking forward to going out of NOLA again since I debarked in 2018 🛳️☀️🌴

Burritos are SO good! Ever had their tacos?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

 

  • The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • The Price
  • Other (Please Specify!)

1. Dates

2. Price

3. Itinerary

4. Ship

5. Information from reviews

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

 

  • The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • The Price
  • Other (Please Specify!)

the Dates
The itinerary 

the Price

we are both teachers so we are limited to when we can travel. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The first agenda item is I really miss my smoked salmon, provolone cheese, tomato and mushroom bagel.

 

The most important element of booking our cruises is that all family members have fun during the cruise. The rest I don't worry about because I can't control most of what happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

 

  • The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • The Price
  • Other (Please Specify!)

Dates

Ship

Price

Itinerary

Embarkation port

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Today's question: What is most important to you when booking a cruise?

 

  • The Dates
  • The Itinerary
  • The Ship
  • The Price
  • Other (Please Specify!)

The Ship

The Itinerary

The Price

The Dates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 5:33 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

So what are peoples tips on "healthy" food on board? Anyone sailed on a diet or with strict requirements? Let's hear some tips!

We're also vegetarian (we eat dairy), and we find the food delicious and usually eat too much.  The Vegetarian Indian offerings in the MDR are some of the best Indian food we've ever had--but I can't vouch for how healthy it is.  The variety of items on the buffet are tasty and good.  The Blue Iguana Cantina is always a favorite.  Between all the food and the drinking, I guess taking the stairs is the chief healthy remedy for us...when we choose to do that.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2021 at 5:33 AM, ScratchTheRat said:

So what are peoples tips on "healthy" food on board? Anyone sailed on a diet or with strict requirements? Let's hear some tips!

The easiest way to stay healthy is avoiding all the sweet and calorie laden breakfast foods. Oatmeal/porridge, fresh fruits, all the selections from the Lighter Fare section of the breakfast menu are all good choices. Regarding yogurt try to order the hand churned yogurt parfait as opposed to the prepackaged yogurt in the containers. Those are not particularly healthy.  I would stay away from Orange Juice. What they serve from the dispensers are not real Orange Juice (It's actually called Orange Beverage) and it's loaded with sugar and calories and NOT healthy for you. You're better off having a whole orange you peel yourself. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

In general, the Alchemy Bar.  On the Vista Class, The Havana Area.

 

Yes.  That too.  The Havana Area.  In fact we just booked the Vista last week for the Havana Area.  It will be the first time out of Galveston for us.  We couldn't find anything in the Havana Area on the Horizon for our dates, and the Panorama was way more expensive.  We did the Panorama Havana area last February.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, naxer said:

 

Yes.  That too.  The Havana Area.  In fact we just booked the Vista last week for the Havana Area.  It will be the first time out of Galveston for us.  We couldn't find anything in the Havana Area on the Horizon for our dates, and the Panorama was way more expensive.  We did the Panorama Havana area last February.

Don't book Havana on either of the Excellence Class ships.  The powers that be decided that the Loft 19 area for the Excel Suite cruisers was more important.  Instead of a large aft area on deck 5 with a good size pool and two hot tubs, the Havana area was relegated to deck 8 starboard side with a smaller pool and no hot tubs.  All of the cabins are located on deck 8 forward, which, IMHO is worse than being aft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

Okay let's do a new question.... What is the ONE thing you love most about Carnival specifically?

The passengers. By that I mean Carnival passengers as a whole are always friendly and want to have fun and an enjoyable holiday. Unlike other cruiselines, Celebrity for example, I've encountered very few people openly complain on Carnival cruises. OF COURSE this is a generalization but on average the typical Carnival cruiser aren't on the ship constantly complaining.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The let loose, relaxed (or party) atmosphere from embarkation to disembarkation and the very friendly and hard working staff. 

 

Haven't done Havana yet, but my wife and I booked it for our Feb 2022 cruise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...