Atlas World Navigator - October 4, 2021, Lisbon - Bridgetown Roll Call

I know there are at least 2 more signed up for this sailing having just read the general Atlas Cruiseline general thread.  Given the category we wanted to book was supposedly "full" there are even more of you out there!

While with limited ports we won't have much to plan, even so it is nice to "meet" and trade information as we all learn things.  Especially so given this company and ship is new. 

Hope to see more posters.  Fun special times ahead.

Mary and Greg  

Hi Mary and Greg -

Yes, we look forward to fun times ahead as most of us have had cruises canceled rebooked, etc. and we need to satisfy that cruising bug.   We will also be on the Rome - Lisbon sailing and we plan to stay at a resort in Barbados post cruise.  

Cheers!

Steve and Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Hi Folks:

Just wanted to drop by and let you know that we are extremely pleased to welcome Atlas Ocean Voyages' President, Alberto Aliberti, to Cruise Critic.  He'll be here on Marcvh 15th (save that date), but you can ask him any question, or just say "hi" now by visiting the forum we have opened for this special event:  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2505-qa-with-alberto-aliberti-president-of-atlas-ocean-voyages/

Laura

We did get a bit more information on the Barbados celebration.

It looks like it will be a big party, but not a christening of the ship.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, spinnaker2 said:

Seriously considering this cruise!

I can't seem to find consistent information about what is included.

Has anyone been able to determine the details?

The Atlas Voyage website has the list of excursions and pricing details. You'll have to click on the brochures and pdfs available on this page:

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/destination/connecting-european-and-caribbean-islands/

More info on the Atlas all-inclusive items. Airfare should be included.

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/all-inclusive-all-the-way/

Edited by vicd1969
Added info
  • Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Atlas World Navigator - October 4, 2021, Lisbon - Bridgetown Roll Call
On 3/12/2021 at 9:20 AM, spinnaker2 said:

Seriously considering this cruise!

I can't seem to find consistent information about what is included.

Has anyone been able to determine the details?

I will also say that I asked about food menus and drink menus and was told they were still working it all out, but that the food menu will prepared by "Michelin trained chefs" for what that is worth.  Also, "Unlimited top shelf liquor, wines and champagnes" will be included.  I will say that I have never viewed any cruise company's selection of liquor to be top shelf.  Usually, it is right above well.  😉

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. We are scheduled on the Oct 4th Lisbon to Barbados Transatlantic Cruise have opted 4 the 3d/2n pre-cruise extension in Lisbon. Hopefully the COVID situation will not cause cancellation. Still trying to find out about the hotels in Lisbon and Barbados for the celebration. 

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

We are Mike and JC from Victoria, BC, Canada.

We are looking forward to cruising again!  

This transatlantic crossing on a new ship, and a new line is very exciting!  

Hope it sails.  And we look forward to meeting you on board!

First shot last weekend, next shot in two weeks.  Hopefully it is the start of normalcy!

With the big companies already requiring it, it will be interesting to see how Atlas proceeds. 

Hopefully with an already small ship, risks go down.  But as we saw with Sea Dream a few months ago, it is not guaranteed.

Posted (edited)

Congratulations! You'll feel a tremendous sense of relief once you are fully vaccinated. I almost felt euphoric. We will need boosters for the variants but Pfizer and Moderna are working feverously on this. Guesstimate is 6months.

Edited by keokukjoe
Spelling
  • 2 weeks later...

Stephen and Peter: Looking forward to meeting you.

Great news from about 1 hour ago:
"It is the news that many Americans have been waiting for; that they will be able to visit the EU over summer. Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Commission, told The New York Times in Brussels on Sunday that Americans who have been fully vaccinated, will be allowed to visit European countries over the summer."
We were cautiously optimistic before this announcement but now are elated. Full speed ahead!!

Karen & Joe

• 3 weeks later...