Cheers to You extended to March 1

lindabaz

3 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

I got RU1 offer with an upcharge of $784 pp for a balcony Alaska in Aug 2021

That's an anomaly since there have been multiple reports on the boards that the RU1 adds 35.00 pp.

I was thinking of booking a cruise for next February yesterday--I really wanted to have something to look forward to and plan towards.  I was even considering the RU9 offer; it would have saved us about $196 in the end, since we usually get Cheers.  (It was the Panorama, where the RU9 ended up being $50/day for the Cheers rather the $53/day on the other sailings I looked at.)  But the $500 nonrefundable deposit convinced me otherwise.  For me, that's too much money to tie up for that long away in this much uncertainty.  If the booking spirit returns, I might be tempted to take the $50pp deposit offer on a cruise. 

26 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

RU9. I have gotten at least one Cheers on Us promo email every week for the past several weeks and it is always rate code RU9.  I havent been lucky enough for RU 1, 2, or 3.  

Not sure how they determine who gets what rate.  I am Platimum and still have 4 cruises booked over the next 2 years. Maybe they see that I am loyal to them ans booked already and dont need to be enticed to book like others? 

Mine has also been the RU9.  Have 2 booked over the next two years.  Have only had 3 booked over the previous 6 years.

7 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That's an anomaly since there have been multiple reports on the boards that the RU1 adds 35.00 pp.

I don't know what or why. I just know my booked balcony for 7 day Alaskan cruise is $830 pp cruise rate under the original offer  and the CHEERS RU1 offer is $1614 pp cruise rate

On 1/30/2021 at 4:34 PM, Moviela said:

I was driving across Texas, and was tired. I saw a motel with a big sign "free color TV." I went to the office and asked for a room. The clerk asked if I wanted a $75 room or a $79 room? I said "What's the difference? She said "The $79 rooms have the free color TV."

The cheers promotions seem to be the same deal. 

That is funny. I was just telling my husband how upset I get when Costco tells me I get free shipping after I spend so much, yet each item is much cheaper in the store than it is online. How is that free. Even Sam's has started charging more for a shipped item, yet plus members get free shipping what is free about that. 

I've received several of the offers and I would have loved to check and see if the pricing would work for our cruise, but none of them are good for Oct, 2022 , which is when we are booked.  Very frustrating.

For us, on an 8 day cruise, it was going to cost about $200 more. But beyond the extra cost, I don't see anyone mentioning the other conditions of the RU2 offer.... (Unless I missed it.) 

The best offer on this cruise has: 

• Exclusive VIFP rates
  • $50 per person to spend onboard
  • Reduced deposits from $50 per person
  • Free room location upgrade
  • Price Protection
  • Sale ends March 1, 2021

But the RU2 only offers:

• Cheers included in your offer!
  • Great VIFP Rates
  • Non-refundable Deposit
  • Sale ends March 1, 2021

After factoring in the $50/pp onboard credit, it's actually about $300 more. And after looking at our alcohol tab for the last cruise we took for 16 days, we only spent $550. So for half that time on a ship, this isn't a good deal for us. But for those who are getting the offer for less of an uncharge, good for you! We've never done Cheers because it doesn't come out to be a deal for us. But it would have been fun to have it. If the offers on the RU2 would have been comparable to the other fare, I would have considered it. Just to have the luxury of not paying for drinks onboard... But as of now, we will not be using the code. Oh well!

31 minutes ago, amyj23 said:

For us, on an 8 day cruise, it was going to cost about $200 more...

After factoring in the $50/pp onboard credit, it's actually about $300 more. And after looking at our alcohol tab for the last cruise we took for 16 days, we only spent $550. So for half that time on a ship, this isn't a good deal for us.

On your last cruise you spent about 35 per day.  If you times that by 7, that's 245.  If it is costing you 300, then it will cost you only 55 more over 7 days to enjoy Cheers.  

If 55 dollars more over a week than what you averaged previously is not worth it to you, that's your call,  but it is certainly worth it to many. 

Just another shake of salt into a gaping open wound. 🤔🤔🤔