I wonder when?

kasowell2

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

My Magic 8-Ball says that Canada will catch up and surpass the US in getting Canadians vaccinated as a percent of the population.  They have shown complete commitment and leadership from day 1 on defeating the pandemic.  Once the doses are available they will do the same with the vaccine effort.  And their population is 10x lower than the US population.  Anybody want to bet on this?

Given the vaccine shortages in Canada at the current time and the potential for continued reductions in deliveries, I doubt that our vaccination percentages will close the gap until September at the earliest. If we do in fact surpass the US, I believe that it will be due to a higher percentage of Canadian wanting to be vaccinated, not because of inherently better acquisition-distribution-administration systems.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Given the vaccine shortages in Canada at the current time and the potential for continued reductions in deliveries, I doubt that our vaccination percentages will close the gap until September at the earliest. If we do in fact surpass the US, I believe that it will be due to a higher percentage of Canadian wanting to be vaccinated, not because of inherently better acquisition-distribution-administration systems.

You will very soon have vaccine supplies increased by J&J and Novavax.

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

"Better" certainly doesn't apply to us in California.

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

Hopefully. I saw that Novovax submitted an application for a rolling review to Health Canada last Friday, but I don't know how long it will take between this application and an approval for use in Canada. Novavax reported very encouraging results Thursday from its UK trial, but a large trial in the US is still at least a month or two away from yielding final results. J&J's application was submitted at the end of November, so presumably will be available (if approved) a couple of months earlier than Novovax.

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

J&J has been with Health Canada for approval since November 30th. Could be approved within the next 1-2 weeks and although we have 38mlillion doses on order, we don't know when the deliveries could start. This article is from Jan 14th but there is nothing new to add since then:

https://ipolitics.ca/2021/01/14/canada-has-no-delivery-schedule-for-johnson-johnson-vaccine/

Novovax just went to Health Canada so approval will be a while. Astra Zeneca will probably be approved before Novavax.