CDC UPDATE

trbarton

5 hours ago, brisalta said:

For countries that have endemic yellow fever the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (Yellow Fever Card) is considered the "vaccination passport"

figure_4-02.png

so why not something similar for COVID-19?

The form you show has room for other vaccines other than YF, so it could be used.

The only problem is that millions of people have already had the vaccines and the info is not on their existing or new yellow card.

8 hours ago, caribill said:

The form you show has room for other vaccines other than YF, so it could be used.

The only problem is that millions of people have already had the vaccines and the info is not on their existing or new yellow card.

Presumably vaccinators keep records. It should not be hard for the already vaccinated to get their yellow "card" updated. 

On 2/14/2021 at 9:21 PM, brisalta said:

For countries that have endemic yellow fever the International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis (Yellow Fever Card) is considered the "vaccination passport"

figure_4-02.png

so why not something similar for COVID-19?

I have one of these. It dates back to 196mumble and includes most of my basic immunizations. Now if only I hadn't lost my military shots records when my basement flooded. . . I'm going to laminate my covid vaccine card and store it in my fire safe with my passport so it will be handy and safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleHays said:

I'm going to laminate my covid vaccine card and store it in my fire safe with my passport so it will be handy and safe.

When we had our second doses on Friday the nurse said to keep it in a safe place (and we did exactly what you did) and also take a picture of it.

• Like 2

DH had his second vaccine shot today at a County Health Department.  He took in his yellow shot record that has his Yellow Fever Vaccine documented.  He asked to have the Covid vaccine added to his shot record and they said it wasn't necessary.   Just keep the CDC Covid shot card with the yellow shot record.  We will keep the yellow shot record, CDC Covid card and the military computer printout of all our immunizations with his passport.  Will do the same for me after I have my second Covid vaccine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

DH had his second vaccine shot today at a County Health Department.  He took in his yellow shot record that has his Yellow Fever Vaccine documented.  He asked to have the Covid vaccine added to his shot record and they said it wasn't necessary.   Just keep the CDC Covid shot card with the yellow shot record.  We will keep the yellow shot record, CDC Covid card and the military computer printout of all our immunizations with his passport.  Will do the same for me after I have my second Covid vaccine.

I can't find, nor do my military medical records reflect the vaccines I received when I was active duty, other than the Hep B series. Ugh. Other than that, they are all in the same place. . .Now.

15 minutes ago, trbarton said:

I have Kaiser Insurance & have never heard of a yellow card. Anyone with Kaiser have one?  The only vaccine card that I have is for the Moderna Vaccine. 

Tom😀

I have Kaiser. When I was a kid, we had the yellow cards, I lost some and they had to re-stamp new cards a few times for me. Eventually they went away from them. Now it’s a print out with the dates that they stamp and sign.

15 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

I have Kaiser. When I was a kid, we had the yellow cards, I lost some and they had to re-stamp new cards a few times for me. Eventually they went away from them. Now it’s a print out with the dates that they stamp and sign.

Thanks!

Tom😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

I still have my medical records and shot book from my time in the service. Retired 30+ years ago.

Didn't keep our medical records but do have the first International Certificates of Vaccination issued to DH when he was at basic training  in 1964 (got his first Yellow Fever shot at that time). Now we just carry the computer printout of all our immunizations/vaccinations given to us by the military immunization clinic.  DH retired 34 years ago.  

On 2/15/2021 at 7:37 AM, broberts said:

Presumably vaccinators keep records. It should not be hard for the already vaccinated to get their yellow "card" updated. 

I don't have my records or the kids. The provider is no longer in service. But if this thread is about covid vaccine, we should all be able to get that 

22 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I never got any kind of card for the Hep A vaccine. Was I supposed to get one?

Only our Yellow Fever shot we got in 2018 is listed on the yellow card shown in caribill's post above.  All our other  vaccine/immunizations are listed on a computer print out from the military immunization clinic. The  old yellow card  DH got in 1964 when he enlisted was issued by the Dept of Health, Education, and Welfare and had separate pages to document being vaccinated for Smallpox, Yellow Fever and Cholera.  

On 2/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, Thrak said:

I never got any kind of card for the Hep A vaccine. Was I supposed to get one?

The same happened with me. My doctor just made a notation with the brand and batch number of each of the 2 doses of Hepatitis A vaccine in my medical record.

Johnson and Johnson asked for FDA Emergency use authorization 3 weeks ago.  Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were approved in 7 days.  Just watched Pres Bidens news conference at the Pfizer manufacturing plant, he said that he had to order  an additional 200 million doses to vaccine 300 million.  No mention of the 1 shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine.   Anybody know why the Johnson and Johnson  vaccine request will not be considered. USA has already purchased 100 million doses back in July.  

Edited by cheone

5 minutes ago, cheone said:

Johnson and Johnson asked for FDA Emergency use authorization 3 weeks ago.  Moderna and Pfizer vaccines were approved in 7 days.  Just watched Pres Bidens news conference at the Pfizer manufacturing plant, he said that he had to order  an additional 200 million doses to vaccine 300 million.  No mention of the 1 shot Johnson and Johnson vaccine.   Anybody know why the Johnson and Johnson  vaccine request will not be considered. USA has already purchased 100 million doses back in July.  

The FDA announced its Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee would meet on February 26 to discuss the request for emergency-use authorization for a COVID-19 vaccine from Janssen Biotech. (Janssen Biotech is the pharmaceutical part of Johnson and Johnson.) Once the committee meets, if it gives the vaccine the thumbs up, full FDA approval of the emergency-use authorization could come within a day or two.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

Perhaps some good news.  A physician from John Hopkins feels that the pandemic may be on the way down, and we should see a significant decline by April. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?st=4vll7bkb0hgsxba&reflink=article_copyURL_share

For those that haven't seen this link before, here is a way to see how well the curve is flattening on a daily basis via a 7 day moving average.

Have we flattened the curve in the US? - Johns Hopkins (jhu.edu)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheone said:

Pfizer submitted their EUA request on November 20.  It was granted by the FDA on Dec 11.   So it was 21 days, not 7.  The length was similar for Moderna.

J&J is expected to be around 24 days.  Pfizer and Moderna were approved based upon their single large US trials.  J&J has a more complex data set involving multiple trials in multiple countries.  That requires more analysis and prep needed before the advisory committee meeting.

Certainly within expected timeframes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, stevenr597 said:

Perhaps some good news.  A physician from John Hopkins feels that the pandemic may be on the way down, and we should see a significant decline by April. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/well-have-herd-immunity-by-april-11613669731?st=4vll7bkb0hgsxba&reflink=article_copyURL_share

Wonderful. Thanks for sharing. 
Positive news is always welcome and appreciated. By most of us, anyway. 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, broberts said:

I doubt the comment was meant literally. I certainly took it simply as an expression of extreme outrage. 

But to answer your question, how about an easily washed off bright neon pink dye applied to hands on entering a public washroom. (It shouldn't be difficult to have an automated mechanism to spray the dye when a latch plate was pressed to open the door.) People with bright pink hands can then be denied service and more hygienic individuals would know to avoid contact. 🙂

and maybe we can cut their fingers off each time they touch their face...

On 2/16/2021 at 5:54 PM, trbarton said:

I have Kaiser Insurance & have never heard of a yellow card. Anyone with Kaiser have one?  The only vaccine card that I have is for the Moderna Vaccine. 

Tom😀

Yes I have the yellow fever vaccine with a yellow card from when I went to South America and I have Kaiser too. 

What's interesting is that Kaiser has no idea I got my moderna vaccination at CVS. I will let them know to add it to my medical record when I have my next appt but that won't be soon. 

There will always be scammers who might forge a vaccination card but it's them who would get sick, not me since I really am really vaccinated. 

Edited by cruzsnooze