What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

I wish the people who use the term "all inclusive" not refer to the new XX program that way since it's NOT that and very confusing when they do.  The XX program is ALWAYS INCLUDED. Which means you will be forced to pay for the now included gratuities, liquor and WiFi hidden within the fare and no longer charged optionally at the cruiser's discretion.

This Always Included program is XX's way of confusticating, (i.e. to confuse, confound, perplex; to complicate) their marketing to make people believe they're more an upscale/premium line then they actually are. This is demonstrated by the numerous number of people who refer to their program as All Inclusive.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Great point about people referring to AI (Always Included) with All Inclusive.  

AI certainly is less confusing than the previous 123 or BBB methods.  But of course they are no longer optional.

Plus now they don't have to do special perk promotions to get people to book. Just like the Black Friday sale that was the Always Included promotion with raised pricing.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jelayne said:

All Inclusive could limited choices.  If All Inclusive were to offer all high end liquors and wines then probably little to no issue, except maybe increase in prices. However some All Inclusive offerings are mediocre liquors and wines.  

If  celebrity went to All Inclusive and the bar/wine choices were those included on the Classic Package then those who enjoy craft beers, Baileys, a  top shelve margarita, or a higher quality wine would be unhappy.  

Exactly my point!

9 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Great point about people referring to AI (Always Included) with All Inclusive.  

AI certainly is less confusing than the previous 123 or BBB methods.  But of course they are no longer optional.

If you consider Elevate and Indulge upsell packages I don't see how this marketing scheme is any less confusing than the prior bundles.

To me if confusion/simplicity were the goal they would restructure the fare system to include gratuities in the base fare as required.   Then just provide a list of available add on options which had increasing discount the more you add.   With the price dynamically adjusted as you add/remove options to your custom bundle.

Of course that would make it easy to see (simple) what you are getting for your money.

I believe I wrote this same type message 2-3 years ago about simplifying reserving a Celebrity cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

If you consider Elevate and Indulge upsell packages I don't see how this marketing scheme is any less confusing than the prior bundles.

To me if confusion/simplicity were the goal they would restructure the fare system to include gratuities in the base fare as required.   Then just provide a list of available add on options which had increasing discount the more you add.   With the price dynamically adjusted as you add/remove options to your custom bundle.

Of course that would make it easy to see (simple) what you are getting for your money.

I believe I wrote this same type message 2-3 years ago about simplifying reserving a Celebrity cruise!

We have yet to experience cruises or booking promotions with the Elevate and Indulge packages with the AI.  If Celebrity starts promotions that says book on board and get a free upgrade to the Elevate package or book now and chose one of the upsells for free, then it would be somewhat similar.  I hope that do not, otherwise it will be just as confusing.  

It looks to be like that new AI is actually less than the previous Best package, because it only includes the Classic drink package.  

if you want to see confusion, look at the Oceania O’Life program.  You can have O’Life without the free air, but it is not very clear.  You do get to pick your one other “perk”.  But at least you can still book without it.  

• Like 1

My take on this thread is that anyone complaining about the gratuities being included is the same person that stood in line to have them removed at the end of the cruise.  

The Classic Drink package includes more than "alcohol"...although some don't want to see it that way.

The included internet is what it is.  Many people expect it.  I will never use it on a normal cruise, but is there if I ever needed it, and in that case, I don't have to worry about overages, etc...

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

My take on this thread is that anyone complaining about the gratuities being included is the same person that stood in line to have them removed at the end of the cruise. 

I have never removed a single gratuity on any line even if something didn't please me.  However I do object to them forcing the gratuity payment to hit my credit card 120 days before the cruise at final payment.   I prefer it to either be eaten up by OBC or PAID at the END of my cruise with the other charges I've made.

It's an early money grab by XX to bring in fast revenue.   I'm not fooled that it's supposedly in my best interest.  It's for their bottom line four months out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

Curious as to why X would say its in your best interest to prepay grats. 

That's because they don't.

But honestly

If you do not like the pricing structure of a given cruise line, you always have the choice not to book.

I get the fact that people do not like change, I am one of them. Do I like tying up $900 to book a cruise 2 years out?

No, not at all. But I do like to book certain trips, in certain cabins, and booking ahead affords me the luxury of that choice. I emphatically agree with the concept of tips being built into the cost, one way or another. The crew works tirelessly on our behalf to make things work, both behind the scenes, and staff we interact with on a daily basis. The occasional bad experience should not be allowed to punish the entire crew. If you have a bad interaction with a certain individual, by all means report it.

Prices are going up, that is the new reality

just my opinion for what it is worth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, drakes2 said:

drakes2, I don't know why XX would say that, but this marketing spin is directly from their web site introducing Always Included:

"Vacations should be effortless from the start. So, when it comes to your precious vacations, we’ve made your experience more convenient and relaxing by always including our most popular amenities. Now, every Celebrity cruise always includes drinks, Wi-Fi, and tips* on every sailing, in every room, every time. It’s that simple."

highway180, That says to me that they did and it is in my best interest. Plus people on this thread have not said they don't want to pay the grats.  I certainly did not!  The bulk of the complaints about the Always Included are about being forced to pay for the WiFi and liquor package when they don't use either.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

On 2/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

I wish the people who use the term "all inclusive" not refer to the new XX program that way since it's NOT that and very confusing when they do.  The XX program is ALWAYS INCLUDED. Which means you will be forced to pay for the now included gratuities, liquor and WiFi hidden within the fare and no longer charged optionally at the cruiser's discretion.

This Always Included program is XX's way of confusticating, (i.e. to confuse, confound, perplex; to complicate) their marketing to make people believe they're more an upscale/premium line then they actually are. This is demonstrated by the numerous number of people who refer to their program as All Inclusive.

c - I happen to think that most of us who book X, even with the new program, know and understand where X's position is, in the "posturing" scheme of cruising. There is no way getting around it.

Those of us who may be "confusticated" by this program apparently we did not do our research before booking and as such need be confused by it all.... and it does not take much historical research.

It is quite apparent that you do not care for the program and that is fine.

Besides I think X is more upscale than RC, NCL and similar ships or do you not?

bon voyage

• Like 2

On 2/18/2021 at 5:34 AM, ChucktownSteve said:

Plus now they don't have to do special perk promotions to get people to book. Just like the Black Friday sale that was the Always Included promotion with raised pricing.

Not fully true, there are upgrades to the AI program where X may choose to have a sale on.

Then they may have fare sales, which means that the AI portion will be on sale simultaneously even if AI, or it that not a good way to look at in your thoughts about 'sales'?

bon voyage

18 hours ago, drakes2 said:

It is just the posters interpretation of AI, concerning grats.

I, and others, have yet to see that posted by X anywhere, if it were the poster would point it out.

bon voyage

Edit 1: I stand corrected, the poster did find something to support their posit. Now it is about doing it 90 days out and wanting to use OBC etc. Which is understandable. Now we can use OBC on other items, right?

Edited by Bo1953

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

It is just the posters interpretation of AI, concerning grats.

I, and others, have yet to see that posted by X anywhere, if it were the poster would point it out.

bon voyage

Edit 1: I stand corrected, the poster did find something to support their posit. Now it is about doing it 90 days out and wanting to use OBC etc. Which is understandable. Now we can use OBC on other items, right?

Now we can use OBC on other items, right?  I am pretty sure OBC can be used now, I was in my planner over the weekend and I started to do it, to the point I had gotten it was allowing me, but I got interrupted and never completed or saved it.  I will look at it again over the weekend.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Now we can use OBC on other items, right?  I am pretty sure OBC can be used now, I was in my planner over the weekend and I started to do it, to the point I had gotten it was allowing me, but I got interrupted and never completed or saved it.  I will look at it again over the weekend.

I'm using OBC for our Nov. cruise without any problem.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, carbon said:

My last couple of cruises I booked without all the perks through my travel agent.

I've been booking cruises like that for years.

But after the introduction of AI, it is a whole new ballgame.  Way less available.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, carbon said:

I guess the 4 cruises I have on the horizon were booked before AI.  What date did the AI start?

Late 2020. Obviously you booked your cruises before then as you wouldn't have had a choice whether booking with a TA or directly with Celebrity . 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I'm using OBC for our Nov. cruise without any problem.

So I decided to go into my planner and book a few excursions just a few minutes ago.  My OBC $ was applied (deducted) but the excursions are not showing up in the planner.  Do you know how long it takes for that to happen?  I've never used ship excursions but just in case, wanted to be able to have something booked if needed, even in August.

2 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So I decided to go into my planner and book a few excursions just a few minutes ago.  My OBC $ was applied (deducted) but the excursions are not showing up in the planner.  Do you know how long it takes for that to happen?  I've never used ship excursions but just in case, wanted to be able to have something booked if needed, even in August.

Should be immediately. Did you check your calendar in your CP?