What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

7 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

Solo passenger here.  I always got the drinks package, BUT NOT TWO OF THEM.  always bought a wifi package BUT NOT TWO OF THEM.  always paid gratuities DITTO.

So I hate the new “always included”.

Totally agree... and when I asked why I had to pay for two wifi packages as a solo, but could not use it on two devices (as a two device package), they said "sorry that's not how it works".  Really?

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Thanks for lurking, sharing and keeping the thread going. Twice.  🤣

CC is a great diversion from " When the hell are we Canadians going to get enough vaccine " ??

It's also very informative, fun to contribute to and read what others have to say ( most of the time ).

I said many times-- It really would be nice to meet so many of the CCers in person. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

can no longer afford X. their pricing is outrageous.I never use wi fi on a cruise, so Why should I pay for it. I have the Apex booked for March, 2022 under the old pricing with a premium drink upgrade for a lot less than what they're asking for now.

Nobody is complaining about them including gratuities in the price.   I'm certainly not as I always included that in the base price of cruising anyway.  It's the high profit margin add on of drink package and wifi.   It would be interesting to see the statistics of how many people included these either as perks or purchase.    I presume the number while not trivial were not the vast majority that some people on here seem to think or they would have left well enough alone.

I guess next we will get a valuable piece of Park West Art included in the cruise fare.

• Haha 1

Here’s another  point on the beverage package.  With everyone on it, who’s to say the drink quality won’t diminish.  We always buy a wine bottle at dinner so the AI is really not a good deal for us.  As for the wifi, we had 200 minutes with elite+ so again a cheat from Celebrity. Notice most of the people pleased about AI are one cruise a year people. Won’t be sustainable for Celebrity. 

5 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

Here’s another  point on the beverage package.  With everyone on it, who’s to say the drink quality won’t diminish.  We always buy a wine bottle at dinner so the AI is really not a good deal for us.  As for the wifi, we had 200 minutes with elite+ so again a cheat from Celebrity. Notice most of the people pleased about AI are one cruise a year people. Won’t be sustainable for Celebrity. 

You're cheating yourself.  Actually it was 240 minutes and that was always plenty for us. 

We are also not big alcohol drinkers.    Celebrity, however, has always overcharged for drinks without alcohol.    Smoothies were only included in the Premium package so they are not part of the AI.   The price of soft drinks is also high but will be included as part of AI.    As a Zenith level passenger you won’t need to upgrade your basic AI drink package.   The inclusion of WIFI is also at the most basic level so feel good that as a Zenith you will be automatically gifted with the best internet package.

I'm fine with it. I have to take the internet, since I need it to keep our business going while we cruise.   We always take the booze package and I just upgrade hubby's to premium. I just use my for water and Al Balcio.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, verizon said:

I am a zenith member and I cruise solo.I pay double for the fair and I do get double points.

Now they want me to pay for the WIFI double, my DRINKS double.

I don't think it makes any sense.

Agree. No matter your tier level all you solo cruisers have the real complaint. Have you called the Captains Club and voiced your concerns/complaints. 

Edited by davekathy

If I am happy with the total cost of the cruise as it relates to what I am looking for, then monies spent on something that I might not take full advantage of is irrelevant. I don't look for reasons not to go. AI is fine with me. After all, Artificial Intelligence is what it's all about, if you know what I mean.

Let's strip this thread bare naked, shall we. Forget all the perks, the points, the status, the self importance, the recognition and whatever else floats your boat. Whether a truculent, seasoned veteran with 500 cruises over 40 years or a diffident ocean-going virgin with no more than an out island and umbrella drink on the resume, would you be cruising today if everything was, and always had been, a la cart? There's your price, take it or leave it. Passage only with cabin and meals. With the exception of water (not bottled) everything else is extra. 

You're entitled to nothing else. Nor should you be, actually. Are you cruising or are you not? If the truth be told, I know what the majority will say. As for me, I'll be in a veranda cabin somewhere between decks 7 and 10.  

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Celebrity took the direction of AI for business reasons and most likely to enhance the bottom line.  In the process, some folks were impacted negatively.  Like many, we are E+, the couple of drinks before 6:00 pm (5-7) and the 240 min. of Internet were adequate, we always paid the gratuities and then some.  For the solo traveller, I feel for you under AI.  If I was in that situation, I would find no value in Celebrity as being too expensive and seek out another line.  Some of Celebrity pricing is just plain outrageous, especially the suites.

While not apparent in booking Celebrity direct, there are a number of US online sites where you have the option of AI or forgo it at a lower rate.  In Canada, I have found one site also where you have the option.  I did book one cruise without the AI at a lower rate, got the CC one category upgrade and then ended up with the AI, still at the lower rate.  My point is, if you can find group pricing without the AI, the pricing may meet the needs of the solo traveller and those who find no benefit in AI.

qIf Celebrity provides value, cruisers will follow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To the chagrin of a some folks, the reason this topic keeps being posted is that many, many Celebrity cruisers are unhappy being forced to pay for drink and WIFI packages they don't want.  Captain's Club benefits or not, seasoned cruisers can see through the "Always Included" marketing scheme as a money grab from people who are forced to pay for these add-ons.

It's not about abnormal circumstances due to the COVID either.  I just booked a balcony cabin for 2 people on an 11-night Baltic cruise on Royal Caribbean for August 2022, gratuities included, but no drink or WIFI package.  The comparable 12-night Celebrity cruise would be $3000 more.

The price for my January 2022 Apex Caribbean cruise is now double the price I booked for a year ago sans "Always Included".

I've enjoyed my cruises on Celebrity, but I'm not paying thousands more for pretty much the same cabins, staff, and food as in the past just so Celebrity can gouge me for drink & WIFI packages I don't want.

We'll see what happens ........................ if Celebrity ship bookings are sufficient, then they can continue the marketing plan.  If not, then they'll be forced to revise the policy.  In the meantime, there are other options for my precious vacation dollars.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now that they've negated several of the Elite perks, maybe they should start offering a discount for balconies like they do for C&A members on Royal. Or give a free/heavily discounted upgrade to the premium beverage package. Free Wi-Fi is nice, I never paid for it myself and made do with the free minutes, but I will certainly make use of it. They might also offer a better discount on specialty dining.

The included gratuities will hurt a few large travel agents who often offered it as a perk for booking with them. Less incentive to book with them.

Anyone remembered when Celebrity tried to get us to pay gratuities if we chose the beverage package perk like NCL does? That didn't last long. I assume that NCL still does that, and on the "free" specialty dining package.

7 hours ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

Let's strip this thread bare naked, shall we. Forget all the perks, the points, the status, the self importance, the recognition and whatever else floats your boat.

Amen to that! And not just on this thread!
All this feeling of entitlement 🤢

We have done a significant number of cruises and yes, we are also in the top tier area of the loyalty program. And still I don´t have the feeling that the cruise lines owe me anything. 

Whenever we cruised, we cruised for the experience and joy of it and not for points. The experience is what we paid for and the cruise line delivered. 99 % meeting or even exceeding our expectations. Done! Next...

Of course I am not happy with all their decisions - AI being one of them. However, if we are not fine with their offer or think it´s to expensive I am free to book with another line. But wait... I love Celebrity, I want to cruise with Celebrity. I want the design I like, I want the service I love and I want all the cherries for a price that I love. Yeah, hardly ever works that way... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If I were a person that takes multiple cruises each year, I would definitely "channel surf" but as we only do one each year, and are extremely satisfied with Celebrity, it works for us.  Understand why it does not for others though.

We’re in the same ‘’boat’’, only one cruise a year, if at all, and almost all exclusively on Celebrity. We always opted for the bev  package, we aren’t huge drinkers, but we found it was worth it, what with the coffees and teas and water, plus wine with dinner and a nightcap for DH. Gratuites we always pay, and then some, so that’s okay too. The OBC was useful to pay for specialty dining and we never got wifi, our Elite minutes were more than enough to stay in touch with the office. Plus ports all have free wifi and that was enough to check on emails and send whatsapp messages to friends and family. 

As of now we only have one cruise with Celebrity, South America in March 2022. Not sure we’ll actually do it though, as the sailing is now on Infinity and not the Silhouette we’d originally booked.

I have been looking at HAL and Royal for summer 2022, or maybe Panama Canal on Celebrity. But nothing decided as yet, I’ll look at the prices and itineraries first...

I have booked my first cruise on Celebrity and the always included was a positive factor in the decision as it means I don’t need to worry about extra costs when having a drink.  Also while many like to disconnect from the world, I enjoy (in moderation) keeping in touch with WiFi.

However after reading others opinion, I agree that it is totally unfair for single travellers and there should be a base rate for people who don’t want the perks as other cruise lines provide.

• Like 2

I personally have no issue with the All Included even though I have no use for WiFi I have always done the Beverage Package and didn't even consider not including Gratuities. 

The price of their cruises now is what is not sitting so well with me and, like some others, will be looking around more.  Celebrity may not miss me and that's okay but I cannot wrap my head around paying double for a 'same' cruise and that is even with all the perks considered, it is just too outrageous right now and I really hope things level out.

In the end I won't be cruising for a while anyway but boy oh boy I would jump on one right now if things were better around the world.

It is interesting to check out sea scanner Apex April 2022 TA 

all the expensive cabins are gone but most of the inside and ov are left 

people who have a lot of money will buy , people who need to watch their pennies ( they don’t have pennies anymore in Canada 😁) will move to different lines or wait to see what the price will be after  final payment date when you can get cruises without perks 

7 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

It is interesting to check out sea scanner Apex April 2022 TA 

all the expensive cabins are gone but most of the inside and ov are left 

I havent checked, but can Insides and OVs be booked at all?

The cruise lines already sailing only sold balconies, suites etc. and no insides or OVs. It´s part of the corona guidelines. Might be for the same reason on Apex...

15 minutes ago, Miaminice said:

I havent checked, but can Insides and OVs be booked at all?

The cruise lines already sailing only sold balconies, suites etc. and no insides or OVs. It´s part of the corona guidelines. Might be for the same reason on Apex...

I have one of those Insid cabins , because of a L&S 

they are listed on Celebrity website

• Like 1

I think many of us who are complaining about AI and the related pricing, have we considered booking within 90 days of sailing when AI is not included or priced in?

Truly it becomes a la carte at that point, win-win-win.. we do not pay for any beverage package because we do not drink much and would rather pay as we go or we get enough through Elite hours etc., we do not get any WiFi as we do not use it at any time except when in port or through our Elite status, we can pay our own gratuities because we like that control...

This, I believe, would hold true for both single sailing passengers as well as Status passengers.

Now, it remains to be experienced if X will offer beverage and WiFi packages within that 90 day period for those who would like to add it on OR if their TA's (if using) will offer those Perks.

Just a thought on how to skirt the system which sounds like it is going to be very disliked by a few of us for various reasons...

bon voyage