What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

10 hours ago, Miaminice said:

I don´t get that part. The 240 minutes are still an E+ perk. So If you book inside the 90 day range without AI you can still use the minutes... so you haven´t lost anything 🤔

I checked again and one chart only mentions the 35% off but I did find another one with the 240 minutes. Thanks. Also, I’m wondering if they will still have the 5-7 get together. 

5 minutes ago, rvlandandsea said:

I checked again and one chart only mentions the 35% off but I did find another one with the 240 minutes. Thanks. Also, I’m wondering if they will still have the 5-7 get together. 

If and when cruising ever resumes the rumor is no for the CC HH. 

8 hours ago, davekathy said:

If and when cruising ever resumes the rumor is no for the CC HH. 

I'll still be in the Sky Lounge everyday at 5:30 and I'll talk to whoever sits down next to me even if they aren't a Captain Club Elite member.  I really won't miss the snacks and I never needed the calories.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2021 at 8:47 PM, beachfanatic said:

Are people pleased with not having options to cruise with less perks?  Seems like pricing is significant now,  

As long as the prices don't increase very much I'm good with the AI.  I've evolved into liking the beverage package, I always tip the staff and I purchase at least one internet package.  The AI package seems fair to me.  I think the prices increases that we are seeing reflect the use of L&S as well as a lot of FCC's.  Celebrity is also trying to command very high prices for the E-class ships.  Eventually  market forces will take over and the prices will be competitive with Princess and HAL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Here an example of the difference, $2500 more for perks 

2015 TA and 2022 TA both FFL to Amsterdam 

4A759579-7CF6-4C58-8924-DF85919DF4B2.png

C61DD04E-2F33-4D2A-925D-936E1265CAA5.png

The price increase isn’t solely a reflection of adding perks.  Cost of items like food, labor insurance, fuel, insurance,  maintenance etc have increased also over that 7 yr period. 

We did a TA in 2015 and purchased Classic Beverage Package at a discount , think it was 25% off, and paid around $1,000 and the daily gratuity added about $400

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Right! Prices are not being discounted much right now. Same discussion over on NCL board. Everyone complaining prices are high as NCL promotes 30% off "deals" that have very high base prices.  A lot of future 7 day cruises that could be found a year ago for $3000-4000 are running $4000-$5000 now.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Fouremco said:

@Pinboy, you are struggling with concepts again. One is supposed to tip one's waiter, not trip. :classic_dry:

Thanks for the " tip "---- The last tip I received was from some guy at Gulfstream in Florida--- " Put your money on  # 4 ".  ( Never said anything about his money ).

Guess what---- # 4 got a great look at 'em all ----- from behind----Bye Bye #4 !!!

( Congratulations on the Sens win last night ) 

Edited by Pinboy
spelling mistake

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'll still be in the Sky Lounge everyday at 5:30 and I'll talk to whoever sits down next to me even if they aren't a Captain Club Elite member.  I really won't miss the snacks and I never needed the calories.

I'm lucky I don't have to worry about additional calories. 😉  We will also be in the Sky Lounge as its a nice place to have a couple of predinner drinks. CC HH or not. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Thanks for the " tip "---- The last tip I received was from some guy at Gulfstream in Florida--- " Put your money on  # 4 ".  ( Never said anything about his money ).

Guess what---- # 4 got a great look at 'em all ----- from behind----Bye Bye #4 !!!

Thanks, they needed one!:classic_sad:

3 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Here an example of the difference, $2500 more for perks 

2015 TA and 2022 TA both FFL to Amsterdam 

4A759579-7CF6-4C58-8924-DF85919DF4B2.png

C61DD04E-2F33-4D2A-925D-936E1265CAA5.png

I cannot even image that you would think that the difference between this 2015 cruise (maybe a fire sale) and a 2022 TA during a complete shut down is even remotely related to the AI change.  Absurd.  The inside cabin for the 2015 TA was $35 a person per day.

I do remember when TA’s were bargains.  For the most part that went away long before the AI was introduced.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The AI won't keep me away from Celebrity, but I don't particularly care for it for several reasons. 

- Even though I don't sail solo, I think unless they change something it is really unfair to solo cruisers.

- IMHO if they are trying to mimic a luxury all included line, which I think is part of the marketing ploy, then they should include premium beverage not classic

- previously, my TA would often offer discounts on upgrades to Best.  This takes away that opportunity, although I guess they could offer discounts to the two upgrade options

- the more perks are combined with prices, the more difficult it is to tell over time how much those options are actually costing versus how much is the actual cabin cost.  

- I don't like the idea of making people pay for options they never would have bought.  We are Elite+ and often did not need to upgrade to add internet.  Now we have no choice

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

The last tip I got on a race horse it  went off at 15 to 1 it didn't get back till 2:30

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, weregoingcruising said:

The last tip I got on a race horse it  went off at 15 to 1 it didn't get back till 2:30

If the guy was " scruffy " looking, unshaved, with a " stogie " in his mouth--- it's the same guy !!

These are just my thoughts.

Many people were annoyed at the nickel and dime approach.  They were annoyed at having their sea pass swiped often.  Those extras do add up quickly. What was an acceptable price for a cruise gets inflated when you buy extras. The new all in may be a great thing for those people . Pay one higher price upfront and then you know what the real cost is before you sail. 

Many people do not buy much besides the basic cruise and tips.  They now can use the wifi, drink, etc. that they really never did on previous cruises.  If they book on X, they will be paying for the All in extras whether or not they use them.  As a person who seldom drinks, paying for drinks is absurd. Even as an elite plus, I often skip the nightly drink receptions...or just drink a soft drink.  I used to get more wifi time than I ever used.  Now if I book an X cruise, I am paying for drinks and wifi.  Now as elite plus, my reward for loyalty is 2 bags of laundry and a scoop of gelato.  That's not a way to keep guests coming back.  The higher prices will make people explore other vacation options.  For the prices that X is charging now, many repeat guests will move on.  Once they have moved on, getting them to return may not happen.  I know many people who have looked and found other options. 

Until the pandemic is past,  we can discuss the issues.  Cruising has taken a big hit and may never return to former times.  I still have one future booking and will likely cancel.  That fcc may just sail away unused.  There is no joy in planing travel anymore.  Even having the vaccination, the travel restrictions will make travel outside the USA stressful. Nobody wants a stressful vacation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

These are just my thoughts.

Many people were annoyed at the nickel and dime approach.  They were annoyed at having their sea pass swiped often.  Those extras do add up quickly. What was an acceptable price for a cruise gets inflated when you buy extras. The new all in may be a great thing for those people . Pay one higher price upfront and then you know what the real cost is before you sail. 

Many people do not buy much besides the basic cruise and tips.  They now can use the wifi, drink, etc. that they really never did on previous cruises.  If they book on X, they will be paying for the All in extras whether or not they use them.  As a person who seldom drinks, paying for drinks is absurd. Even as an elite plus, I often skip the nightly drink receptions...or just drink a soft drink.  I used to get more wifi time than I ever used.  Now if I book an X cruise, I am paying for drinks and wifi.  Now as elite plus, my reward for loyalty is 2 bags of laundry and a scoop of gelato.  That's not a way to keep guests coming back.  The higher prices will make people explore other vacation options.  For the prices that X is charging now, many repeat guests will move on.  Once they have moved on, getting them to return may not happen.  I know many people who have looked and found other options. 

Until the pandemic is past,  we can discuss the issues.  Cruising has taken a big hit and may never return to former times.  I still have one future booking and will likely cancel.  That fcc may just sail away unused.  There is no joy in planing travel anymore.  Even having the vaccination, the travel restrictions will make travel outside the USA stressful. Nobody wants a stressful vacation.

We will use all 4 perks, to the max, so are OK with paying for them upfront.  I do believe though these should be offered more as a menu item not bundled together.  If you drink check the box and so on, then base the price of the cruise on the individual selections. Many people may just have one drink with dinner and would be happy to pay for that on board, perhaps using their OBC.    

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, walkersandtalkers said:

Do they even have the Sky Lounge?  Thought the went away with the refurbs

Edge & Apex don’t have a Sky Lounge,  the others ships that have been revolutionized still have a Sky Lounge.

Life is about making choices.  If you like the All in concept and the Celebrity product, you may enjoy decide that it is a good fit for you.  If not, don’t fret, there are lots of good vacation options.  Celebrity chose to change. That doesn’t mean that you must go along. Find your own style and go with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 12:47 PM, jagoffee said:

My TA offer refundable OBC as the TA incentive.  It much better IMO and it should be easy to find one that offers the refundable OBC.

I believe initially you had to prepay your gratuities if you chose Select Dining.  I do not recall it being a requirement for the purchase of a beverage package. (Except for the gratuities related to the beverage package)

Yes, I get OBC as well. But the really big agencies often ran promotions for free gratuities in addition to the OBC.

I found info on the surcharge and the dropping of it. Turns out it was in 2019. Seems like much longer.

Celebrity Cruises Drops Surcharge on 'Complimentary' Beverage Package (cruisecritic.com)

Here's a file on RCCL's site explaining the surcharge:

PowerPoint Presentation (rccl.com)

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2021 at 8:54 PM, rvlandandsea said:

I suspect that will be replaced by simply loading drinks to people's cards. That was what they were doing on Edge when we sailed, anyway.