What are peoples thoughts on Always INcluded?

beachfanatic

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

LOL. My post was in response to someone stating that "It is like anything else you purchase.   It may come with or without the things you want, would like, or need". I was simply pointing that when buying a car or a new house (or many, many other things) this simply isn't so, that there are options. This wasn't intended to be an examination of the auto industry. 

As for Celebrity's AI program, I prefer to choose which perks to buy. Typically, I go with the CBP and Gratuities but not the Internet. That's my preference; no more, no less. Consequently, AI will have absolutely no bearing on whether or not I will continue to sail with Celebrity. I've yet to find a perfect cruise line with perfect ships and perfect itineraries and perfect pricing. While AI is a con in my view, Celebrity still offers too many pros for me to say goodbye over the introduction of AI.

I am with you as for most things.  AI=Marketing campaign or con?  Eye of the Beholder.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ExArkie said:

If by "microcosm," you mean "self-selecting, non-representative sample," then I am aware of that. 

Yep.

Which is why I said "non scientific."

But can't imagine what would be more representative of the cruising public than, eh, maybe a cruise forum?

14 hours ago, LGW59 said:

by this logic I am paying for the buffet which I never ever use.  I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people piling their plates and tray is really awful, food they will not eat, but it is "free".  The uneaten food MANY leave behind that I see the staff hauling to the trash is disgusting.  No one will ever say they saw me leave a full drink on my table.  It all evens out at the end, if one does not like AI, stop complaining, find a line that works for you.  It is not difficult.

Man, what a crappy way to spend time while on a cruise and hogging a chair and table at the same time. And that same staff throws away the food that isn't consumed from the buffet stations when the buffet is closed. 🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

No stamping of feet, no pouting and definitely no getting into a lather.

( A little sport's humor for whom I think is a  "good sport "--- )

LOL----Is the above comment how you felt the last few nights after the hockey game ? 

I gotta  "give it " to the 1st goalie last night---  He had no difficulty getting out of the way when the puck was " floating " towards him and straight into the net. 

14 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

( A little sport's humor for whom I think is a  "good sport "--- )

LOL----Is the above comment how you felt the last few nights after the hockey game ? 

I gotta  "give it " to the 1st goalie last night---  He had no difficulty getting out of the way when the puck was " floating " towards him and straight into the net. 

Quit picking' on my Sens. You're just sore because we beat you in our first seasonal matchup! 🏒

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Man, what a crappy way to spend time while on a cruise and hogging a chair and table at the same time. And that same staff throws away the food that isn't consumed from the buffet stations when the buffet is closed. 🙄

One man's junk is another's treasure.  What can I say I like to be entertained.  So one can't sit at a table with just a cup of coffee and a bagel?  Yes one can and I do.  🍩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Whatever made you think I had a 'complaint'....if you are kindly asking, I'll share...... it was a bon voyage surprise gift from our son....flowers, bubbly, chocolate covered strawberries and a $$$ GC for our anniversary, which was very much appreciated.   So of course, no offense taken.

What a thoughtful son!!!

We did a similar "Von" Boyage Gift for my sister for a major birthday 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:55 PM, Fouremco said:

Not really. When I buy a car, I'm able to choose options. When I buy a new house, I'm able to choose options. When I book a cruise, I'm able to choose options. But not on Celebrity anymore. Too bad.

Does every car that you purchase have only the options you want?   I don’t think so.   Cars come with many features that I may never use or need.

My TV has many features that I never use or need.  

Problem is with both to get the option or feature that I wanted I had to get the model that had all the other stuff

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, miched said:

Does every car that you purchase have only the options you want?

Pretty much, as I won't pick a model that is loaded with options I don't want or need. I've been buying Honda for over 30 years now and have had no difficulty. With other manufacturers, YMMV.

10 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I'm not sure I remember seeing any cars without heaters.  Perhaps they weren't included before the passenger cabin was completely enclosed.  However I think having a defroster is now a legal requirement for cars.  Perhaps mandatory tipping, a wage issue, and free internet, a public utility, should also be required by law.

People living in Fl could order cars without heaters or defrosters in the early 60s.    Our neighbor had relatives that had a 61 Comet and they drove it to Mi for a visit.   They had a rough time during their trip.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

19 minutes ago, miched said:

Does every car that you purchase have only the options you want?   I don’t think so.   Cars come with many features that I may never use or need.

My TV has many features that I never use or need.  

Problem is with both to get the option or feature that I wanted I had to get the model that had all the other stuff

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I agree w/ your car purchase synopsis - sometimes you end up w/ features which mean nothing to you...  

For example when we bought John's truck (in the Lower 48), the sales person kept pointing out the newest feature of "Chilled Seats"...

First 5 times I responded that's nice - but we live in AK & "Chilled Seats" have no value for us...

On the 6th remark - I looked at him & asked if he really wanted to sell us a truck...
Having said that - I would never spend more for a vehicle than I felt exceeded the value I placed on the vehicle &/or I was willing to pay...

I feel the same for cruises...

If the price of the cruise exceeds the value I place on it, I will not buy the product...

In the truck story - we did purchase the truck w/ the gel cooled seats...
However the over all value fit our price point 🙂

I just didn't want to hear any more about the stupid seats...

Edited by Von & John

Well I've never bought a truck but we do have chilled seats in our car.  However, we're not using them today as it is -5 (money wasted on a perk we don't need today).  I guess we could drive to Arizona to use them but they won't let us cross the border, so I guess we'll just stay here and chill.🤣

Love the way people are so entertaining on the various threads these days.  It's a great antidote to COVID Depression.  Thank you posters.

• Like 1

Back to the car analogy, I remember the day when A/C was an option in the NE US.  When a dealer tried  to pack the rust proofing add-on to increase the sticker, I said I don't want to pay for that so remove it from the cost.  They did since it was an overpriced option that cost them very little money and they wanted to sell the car.  That equates to the WiFi XX is forcing you to pay for.  No out of pocket expense but a high priced profit. In essence, XX has become a car salesman.

So the choice is pay sticker price for the cruise or buy someone else's "car."  Howz that for a mixed metaphor?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

4 hours ago, LGW59 said:

One man's junk is another's treasure.  What can I say I like to be entertained.  So one can't sit at a table with just a cup of coffee and a bagel?  Yes one can and I do.  🍩

Whatever turns your crank. 🙄The only reason I said what I said about you hogging a table and chair is based on what you said, "...buffet which I never ever use. I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people...". 

1 hour ago, TeaBag said:

Well I've never bought a truck but we do have chilled seats in our car.  However, we're not using them today as it is -5 (money wasted on a perk we don't need today).  I guess we could drive to Arizona to use them but they won't let us cross the border, so I guess we'll just stay here and chill.🤣

Love the way people are so entertaining on the various threads these days.  It's a great antidote to COVID Depression.  Thank you posters.

The cold weather package / heated seats on the other hand are worth every penny...

Talkeetna was -24F on Monday morning today 18F & Snowing (9" so far)...

On the flip-side - my mustang convertible had heated seats...

The majority of the time I owned it, I lived in the "South" & Southern States...

DC, TX, LA & FL mainly w/ a little TN, AK & CO...
Those heated seats felt like heaven after being subjected to working in the super air conditioned buildings!!!

Edited by Von & John

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Whatever turns your crank. 🙄The only reason I said what I said about you hogging a table and chair is based on what you said, "...buffet which I never ever use. I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people...". 

Whatever turns your crank. 🙄 Thanks my crank is being turned happily, hope yours is as well 🤣The only reason I said what I said about you hogging a table and chair is based on what you said, "...buffet which I never ever use. I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people...".  Here is the rub in that, I never mentioned sitting or not at a table, you assumed, incorrectly I was hogging.  I do not use the buffet food but it does not mean I can't go sit there, bringing my coffee and bagel from elsewhere.  

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Back to the car analogy, I remember the day when A/C was an option in the NE US.  When a dealer tried  to pack the rust proofing add-on to increase the sticker, I said I don't want to pay for that so remove it from the cost.  They did since it was an overpriced option that cost them very little money and they wanted to sell the car.  That equates to the WiFi XX is forcing you to pay for.  No out of pocket expense but a high priced profit. In essence, XX has become a car salesman.

So the choice is pay sticker price for the cruise or buy someone else's "car."  Howz that for a mixed metaphor?

How about the third choice, don’t buy any “car”? A cruise is not a necessity, why would anybody pay for something they don’t want or need? Everything was fine when people who wanted the extras could get them and the people who didn’t, weren’t stuck paying for it, no matter what. This isn’t the time to alienate any customer. It would be too bad if it blew up in their face, Not.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LGW59 said:

Whatever turns your crank. 🙄 Thanks my crank is being turned happily, hope yours is as well 🤣The only reason I said what I said about you hogging a table and chair is based on what you said, "...buffet which I never ever use. I do go there, to just watch and the sight of people...".  Here is the rub in that, I never mentioned sitting or not at a table, you assumed, incorrectly I was hogging.  I do not use the buffet food but it does not mean I can't go sit there, bringing my coffee and bagel from elsewhere.  

Now you mention bringing food and drink in from elsewhere. If you would have said that before, I would never have made the hogging comment. Now you're back peddling.🤣Agree you or anyone else has a right to bring in food from another venue. On one of our sea days for lunch we'll grab a burger from the Pool/Mast Grill and eat it in the Oceanview Cafe. Then we waddle over to the dessert section and have a sweet treat. Enjoy your meal and entertainment.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Now you mention bringing food and drink in from elsewhere. If you would have said that before, I would never have made the hogging comment. Now you're back peddling.🤣Agree you or anyone else has a right to bring in food from another venue. On one of our sea days for lunch we'll grab a burger from the Pool/Mast Grill and eat it in the Oceanview Cafe. Then we waddle over to the dessert section and have a sweet treat. Enjoy your meal and entertainment.  

Isn't it strange how some of us seem to be waddling more towards the end of the cruise than at the start. Never been able to work that out.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Isn't it strange how some of us seem to be waddling more towards the end of the cruise than at the start. Never been able to work that out.😉

Hold that thought. We'll call it the cruise waddle. To stay on topic, add in a few adult beverages from the AI CBP and the conga line starts behind me. 😁

• Haha 1

On 2/3/2021 at 11:52 AM, davekathy said:

What perks/benefits are being lost as elite or elite plus? 

Im surprised you even asked that question. Someone who is Elite or up will now have to pay for things that were a benefit. 

I had started to look for a couple of cruises on X again and then a few weeks later the AI started. No thanks, I won’t even bother to look anymore.