Double Points Extended

orville99

Question: Are these double points just for new bookings only??? I have  3 cruises for the first three months of 2022 that I had booked more than 18 months ago, way before they first announced the double point program..will they be eligible for the double points???? 

48 minutes ago, jamon said:

Question: Are these double points just for new bookings only??? I have  3 cruises for the first three months of 2022 that I had booked more than 18 months ago, way before they first announced the double point program..will they be eligible for the double points???? 

It includes existing bookings

• Like 1

Just got off the phone with my TA, who is a very honest person. I was asking about booking a cruise out of Tampa, and she says probably not until January 2022. So sad.  But I am glad that double points have been extended through September 2022.  

Edited by sandebeach
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Just got off the phone with my TA, who is a very honest person. I was asking about booking a cruise out of Tampa, and she says probably not until January 2022. So sad.  But I am glad that double points have been extended through September 2022.  

Tampa cruises have always been seasonal anyway.   We are once again booked on Rhapsody in February, which was our last cruise before the Covid shut down.  Sigh....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Oh no. Then 4 more cruises will be cancelled for 2021. Have B2B January 2022 cruises each 11 nights out of Bayonne hope that’s not in jeopardy now. 

28 minutes ago, island lady said:

Tampa cruises have always been seasonal anyway.   We are once again booked on Rhapsody in February, which was our last cruise before the Covid shut down.  Sigh....

I have Brilliance booked for Summer and was thinking of booking a B2B. My TA advised me to instead look at Navigator and Symphony for late Fall 2021.  

• Like 1

It might get to the point that Royal offers the double points before you sail.....with all new bookings being non-fundable, if canceled all you get is FCC.

It probably would be a great way for Royal to put alot of money in their bank........all these points get people crazy....

For us the added points don't mean that much........We can take them or leave them but it seems for most it's a big deal.

Or they could do it like the airlines, buy extra miles............maybe Royal could start selling points since it seems to get everyone crazy for them.

Edited by Jimbo

17 hours ago, yogimax said:

Sadly, it was a bluff.  Got nothing (yet),  Much like double points.

Ahh...but you have a great "poker face".  😉   With all these virtual double points for cruises that are not happening...we are now both officially "Pinzillas".  😄 

• Like 1