Back to Back Cruises - anything new?

cellfree

I do realize this topic has been discussed in the past. But I have not read anything about it recently. Has there been anything in the news/with the CDC lately that would indicate Back to Backs are still not allowed? Not sure if it was ever clear if they were allowed or not. Have a few FCCs to use, am once again doing my new research to replace my cancelled cruises.

I spoke this week with upper management in the Operations department regarding B2B. They are developing protocols for this and are not aware of CDC disallowing B2B. They're questioning right now the retesting for COVID for the B2B folks before getting back on for the 2nd voyage and other ways to maintain "the bubble". This is only for the Florida sailings and through the US office. The caveat is that the HQ office in Geneva may be aware of something they are not. Communication at MSC is not their forté. That being said, at the moment, they are proceeding as if B2B will be allowed but that could change at any time.

Bret 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

I spoke this week with upper management in the Operations department regarding B2B. They are developing protocols for this and are not aware of CDC disallowing B2B. They're questioning right now the retesting for COVID for the B2B folks before getting back on for the 2nd voyage and other ways to maintain "the bubble". This is only for the Florida sailings and through the US office. The caveat is that the HQ office in Geneva may be aware of something they are not. Communication at MSC is not their forté. That being said, at the moment, they are proceeding as if B2B will be allowed but that could change at any time.

Bret 

Bret ... What you describe is no surprise that the Left hand doesn't know what the Right hand is doing.

I wonder if, at least on paper, they plan to break up those who are booked on the 10 and 11 day cruises into 7-3 and 7-4 B2Bs.

Edited by Até

Yes, us too. Keep us updated if you hear anything before we do. I suppose the greater mystery right now is when cruises will even start up again. 

21 minutes ago, phissy said:

We have 2 B2B cruises this fall/winter. Out of Miami.  Curious to see how policy will be implemented if vaccinations are factored into decision.

• Like 1

I have two cruises booked in August. First is four day arriving on one day and next is seven day leaving NeXT day, with an overnight in Miami. IS this considered a B2B?

We had a 14N B2B out of Miami in late August.

I'm not aware that CDC have updated their "no cruise over 7N before Nov 2021"

We split our 14N in to 2 x 7N with a night ashore (and port change) to solve the issue.

MSC initially wanted us to pay a large ££ for the change but then relented and even gave us some extra OBC to celebrate my wifes 50th.

• Like 1