Jump to content

Nonrefundable deposit?


Recommended Posts

Hello!  Bummed to hear about the Alaska cruises being cancelled (well, probably any day now).  Was supposed to sail in June on Solstice.  When we booked last year I paid a $750 nonrefundable deposit (through Costco Travel).  Have not made any other payments.  What is going to happen to that deposit if they cancel?  FCC, refund, lose the money, something else??  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, fac429 said:

Hello!  Bummed to hear about the Alaska cruises being cancelled (well, probably any day now).  Was supposed to sail in June on Solstice.  When we booked last year I paid a $750 nonrefundable deposit (through Costco Travel).  Have not made any other payments.  What is going to happen to that deposit if they cancel?  FCC, refund, lose the money, something else??  Thanks!

If the cruiseline officially cancels you'll get your deposit refunded to you as a credit to the credit card you used.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you will probably be offered other cruises to book.

Except, if the whole Alaska season is cancelled, they may bring back Lift & Shift to a similar cruise a year hence.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2021 at 3:31 PM, Ashland said:

If the cruiseline officially cancels you'll get your deposit refunded to you as a credit to the credit card you used.

I agree yes you will get your deposit back but be patient as it could be paid back on the June sailing date  I received two NRD deposits when sailing date was due it will happen take care Aussie  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went through alot of hoops doing the Lift and switch this last year. Going forward once again I am sure the Cruiseline will come up with something similar to L&S. Some how I want the cruiseline to hold on to my deposit money but I would prefer a cruise out of it. Maybe there is a cruise heaven after life as we know it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

I went through alot of hoops doing the Lift and switch this last year. Going forward once again I am sure the Cruiseline will come up with something similar to L&S. Some how I want the cruiseline to hold on to my deposit money but I would prefer a cruise out of it. Maybe there is a cruise heaven after life as we know it. 

You could come to the River Cruising forum and check, but so far I haven't seen any itineraries on the River Styx.  [Not even by Viking, who seem to be everywhere!]

Link to post
Share on other sites

We will know late next week exactly what Celebrity is planning.  Am thinking this time refunds.  Hard to L&S cruises that are already pretty much sold out.  Know I will take a refund and regroup what there is a clearer path as to when cruising will resume.

Will be months before many countries open to cruising or even tourism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jelayne said:

Lift & Shift has ended so most likely refund or FCC will be your options.  I too would be taking a refund.

Regardless that L/S has ended they could bring it back, call it something else or offer a new option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While anything is possible I don't think we will see the Lift & Shift program where fares and perks are protected.   I firmly believe they want to get everyone on AI pricing on all sailings after 5/4/2022.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...