Jump to content

Has anyone done an Alaska lift and shift since the latest announcement?


Recommended Posts

Hello, with the latest news about Canada keeping it's border closed, has anyone who had an Alaska cruise called to do a lift and shift?  If so, was it easy?

 

I went online to see if it could be done but the only option is to cancel, I really want to move to 2022 but right now the same cruise is 50% more expensive for the same ship and same time next year.

 

Thanks in advance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MaritimeR&R said:

In all likelihood, you will have to wait for Royal to officially cancel before you can urilize lift and shift.

Thanks, they removed them already from this year on the website, just called RCI but they have advised they are still go ahead right now and to wait for further details.  

Edited by welshrich
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MaritimeR&R said:

In all likelihood, you will have to wait for Royal to officially cancel before you can urilize lift and shift.

This applies to the Canada N/E itineraries as well....Waiting to hear from RCI about mine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I called RCL last night because if our Canada cruise in October in cancelled, we want a Xmas cruise.  So while I was making those arrangements, I asked.  They said "Oh we will send something out end of next week".

 

So basically, there's a 10% chance that we may know something at the end of next week 😉

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are they still doing the Lift & Switch?  We had a Canada/NE cruise scheduled for Oct 2020 which we did a L&S to Sept 30th of this year.  Now that it is going to be cancelled are we going to be able to do another L&S?  I don't know if they will still be going by the same guidelines, as far as the 4 week leeway on opposite ends of your cruise date or not & that you have to be going the same amount of days.  I would actually prefer to cancel, but we booked under a NRD and had 2 cruises booked so we would lose $1000 if we were to cancel.  Going with a FCC it won't cover the full cost of another cruise even even if they give you an extra 25% at the increased prices of new bookings.  After rereading this I hope it makes sense, sorry, lol!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

I called RCL last night because if our Canada cruise in October in cancelled, we want a Xmas cruise.  So while I was making those arrangements, I asked.  They said "Oh we will send something out end of next week".

 

So basically, there's a 10% chance that we may know something at the end of next week 😉

 

The Celebrity site had this info, so they are stating next week too:

 

2/4/2021

Today, the Canadian government shared their decision for their ports to remain closed through February, 2022. We are working through the resulting impacts to our itineraries that visit Canada and we will communicate all updates and alternatives to you or your travel advisor by no later than Friday, February 12. We know this is disappointing news, particularly as it relates to the Alaska cruise season. We continue to maintain our focus on all efforts to resume service with the health, safety and well-being of our guests, the communities we visit, and our crew and shoreside employees as our highest priority.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bren61 said:

Are they still doing the Lift & Switch?  We had a Canada/NE cruise scheduled for Oct 2020 which we did a L&S to Sept 30th of this year.  Now that it is going to be cancelled are we going to be able to do another L&S?  I don't know if they will still be going by the same guidelines, as far as the 4 week leeway on opposite ends of your cruise date or not & that you have to be going the same amount of days.  I would actually prefer to cancel, but we booked under a NRD and had 2 cruises booked so we would lose $1000 if we were to cancel.  Going with a FCC it won't cover the full cost of another cruise even even if they give you an extra 25% at the increased prices of new bookings.  After rereading this I hope it makes sense, sorry, lol!

The free for all lift and shift program ended Jan 31.

 

Royal has stated that lift and shift will continue to be offered for sailings that they cancel.  You are allowed to do a second lift and shift if the second cancellation was a result of them cancelling. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 11:17 PM, Heymarco said:

Instead of starting a new thread, why not ask on one of the other six threads on this topic? 

I did search the other threads but it didn't answer the question, it was just about the the announcement

, I wanted to know if anyone had specifically been able to do a L&S.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, snichols23 said:

I spoke to TA and was told the trend across cruise lines is to cancel and refund. L/S seems to be going away. 

Royal (and Celebrity)  were the only cruise cruise lines to offer this so I’m really not sure what trend your TA is talking about..  Royal has already made an exception to the original lift and shift requirements when the 2021 season for Quantum was cancelled and has already stated that they would continue to offer lift and shift if they were the ones to cancel sailings. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, bren61 said:

Are they still doing the Lift & Switch?  We had a Canada/NE cruise scheduled for Oct 2020 which we did a L&S to Sept 30th of this year.  Now that it is going to be cancelled are we going to be able to do another L&S?  I don't know if they will still be going by the same guidelines, as far as the 4 week leeway on opposite ends of your cruise date or not & that you have to be going the same amount of days.  I would actually prefer to cancel, but we booked under a NRD and had 2 cruises booked so we would lose $1000 if we were to cancel.  Going with a FCC it won't cover the full cost of another cruise even even if they give you an extra 25% at the increased prices of new bookings.  After rereading this I hope it makes sense, sorry, lol!

At least for my itinerary, there is no released cruise that's comparable (in any year) so I'm sure L&S wouldn't be an option.  I was on a Canada/NE cruise 10/10 so I assume it's the same for you.  There aren't any next year scheduled yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, celoplyr said:

At least for my itinerary, there is no released cruise that's comparable (in any year) so I'm sure L&S wouldn't be an option.  I was on a Canada/NE cruise 10/10 so I assume it's the same for you.  There aren't any next year scheduled yet.

Those are scheduled to be released the week of Feb 15th....long before Royal cancels yours. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...