Carnival To Require Face Masks & Ship Excursions Only

Syracusefan44

13 minutes ago, Kenosha Cruiser said:

I noticed one sentence in the Shore Excursion section that said, "This policy applies to all sailings scheduled during the declared Public Health Emergency involving COVID-19". The big question is, when will the "Public Health Emergency involving COVID-19" be lifted by the CDC. Hopefully it will be lifted by the end of the 2021 once the population gets vaccinated. Just my thought.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Let us hope!!!!!

• Like 1

I have no objection to these requests for a Mexican Riviera cruise, and we have two booked . Carnival’s policies work for us. However, I’d love to see Princess take an official stance on this before our final payment for our holiday Hawaii cruise. I’m not paying Princess prices for Hawaiian excursions. I have car rentals booked for that already. 
Plus, that’s assuming the CDC increases the 7 day limit. Time will tell! 

I have a 26 days cruise booked for Nov. 2021, I'll wait and see how things are going.  Traveling alone, rarely, if ever, get in an elevator, don't use buffet regularly, or care for crowded venues, so I can do the rules probably.  I'm Elite but don't care when I board, not a big deal.  I'm surprised how anxious and stressed some people seem over boarding.  It's a vacation, r-e-l-a-x.

Edited by susancruzs
  • Like 3

Masks don't bother us; we wear them all day at work, and have them to go with our outfits (yes, multi-layered proper masks with filters in them, no valves). We will do ship excursions. Just get us cruising again 😊🍷

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

They will be strict with compliance also:

"We will have pre-arranged transportation from the ship to the venue and back again. Guests will be able to pre-purchase shore excursions through Carnival.com, the Carnival HUB app or on board, subject to availability and capacity restrictions. All guests will have to comply with our physical distancing, mask wearing and all other COVID-19 related requirements. Throughout the duration of the shore excursion, guests will be asked to remain with their cruise companions. There may be additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions.

Any noncompliance by guest or members of guest’s travelling party with Carnival COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall be grounds for refusal to re-board after going ashore, or other steps deemed necessary in Carnival’s sole discretion to protect the health and safety of others. If a guest is denied boarding or disembarked due to failure to comply with Carnival COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, they will not be entitled to a refund, credit, or compensation of any kind. Guests will be responsible for all costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses".

deleted

Edited by donaldsc

"We will have pre-arranged transportation from the ship to the venue and back again. Guests will be able to pre-purchase shore excursions through Carnival.com, the Carnival HUB app or on board, subject to availability and capacity restrictions. All guests will have to comply with our physical distancing, mask wearing and all other COVID-19 related requirements. Throughout the duration of the shore excursion, guests will be asked to remain with their cruise companions. There may be additional restrictions during shore excursions depending on local conditions.

Any noncompliance by guest or members of guest’s travelling party with Carnival COVID-19 Policies and Procedures shall be grounds for refusal to re-board after going ashore, or other steps deemed necessary in Carnival’s sole discretion to protect the health and safety of others. If a guest is denied boarding or disembarked due to failure to comply with Carnival COVID-19 Policies and Procedures, they will not be entitled to a refund, credit, or compensation of any kind. Guests will be responsible for all costs and fines, including without limitation travel expenses".

Most of the people who do these cruises will be going to the Caribbean.  Wonder how many of them will be traveling w/o passports which makes it interesting if they get kicked off the ship.  Perhaps the lines should require passengers to have passports.  The alternative would be not to require passports and let the people who are kicked off deal w the resulting problems.  At the least, the cruise paperwork should clearly indicate the problems that the passenger will have if they get kicked off and don't have a passport - assuming that people bother to read the stuff.

DON

deleted

Edited by donaldsc

Most of the people who do these cruises will be going to the Caribbean.  Wonder how many of them will be traveling w/o passports which makes it interesting if they get kicked off the ship.  Perhaps the lines should require passengers to have passports.  The alternative would be not to require passports and let the people who are kicked off deal w the resulting problems.  At the least, the cruise paperwork should clearly indicate the problems that the passenger will have if they get kicked off and don't have a passport - assuming that people bother to read the stuff.

DON

10 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Passports not required for Caribbean? Why not?

Edited by NSWP

5 hours ago, jwattle said:

Masks don't bother us; we wear them all day at work, and have them to go with our outfits (yes, multi-layered proper masks with filters in them, no valves). We will do ship excursions. Just get us cruising again 😊🍷

Hi Jo & Tom,

‘Do you have one to match your Tux? If so where can I get one. 😁

Love Ya,

DCA91782-6C71-45F9-903F-D88CDA9EEAA3.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

They are not required if you come back by ship.  If you get yourself kicked off the ship for some reason, you do need a passport to come back by plane.

DON

• Like 4

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

They are not required if you come back by ship.  If you get yourself kicked off the ship for some reason, you do need a passport to come back by plane.

DON

Thanks for explanation, Don. Stay safe in Vegas.

12 hours ago, donaldsc said:

All of the local tours whether booked on the ship or independently are provided by local providers.  The only difference is that if you book on the ship, the cruise company gets a piece of your booking fee.  If you book independently, the tour company gets to keep it all.  In general, the tour is exactly the same.

But: Self-exploration or non-Carnival sponsored excursions will not be permitted.

So even if the vendor is vetted, you cannot book directly with them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

It depends.

Some Caribbean countries now require a passport for cruise ship passengers. So the itinerary will determine if you must have a passport instead of a valid ID + birth certificate.

Just because you can get on a ship without a passport doesn't mean you can get off at every stop. Some islands still want to see a passport if you disembark to play for the day. Barbados, Cuba, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Martinique, St. Bart's, St. Martin, and Trinidad and Tobago have all at one time or another required cruise passengers to have a valid passport in order to set foot in their countries. However, you can sail without a passport to these islands as long as you stay on the ship at these ports. https://www.frommers.com/tips/cruise/do-i-need-a-passport-to-cruise

4 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Passports are not required for US citizens for these countries. It might differ for citizens of other countries.

3 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

No one should ever travel without a passport. It would make life very difficult under most situations. 

I agree. Especially in these uncertain times when you can board a ship and maybe never know where you might end up! I reckon there is a good chance of being diverted here there and everywhere. Could make for an interesting cruise though! 

18 hours ago, donaldsc said:

All of the local tours whether booked on the ship or independently are provided by local providers.  The only difference is that if you book on the ship, the cruise company gets a piece of your booking fee.  If you book independently, the tour company gets to keep it all.  In general, the tour is exactly the same.

DON

I do realize that cruise lines are using local providers, but I think your generalization excludes that fact that generally the ship tours involve large groups in large buses and other local providers can be booked for small groups of 4/6/8, etc.  The tours may cover similar highlights, but the experience is entirely different.  

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

we've had our passports since 2006, before our Alaska cruise in 2007

now, after our 2nd vaccine shot yesterday, we also have our Covid-19 card... 

Hubby has had his 2 shots ( Moderna) I have my second when I return home next week.( Still in UK for Father's funeral.).

10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Jo & Tom,

‘Do you have one to match your Tux? If so where can I get one. 😁

Love Ya,

DCA91782-6C71-45F9-903F-D88CDA9EEAA3.jpeg

Tony,

Etsy is the place!

Would these work in the rowboat?

😄

Tuxedo face masks groom black image 0Black Tuxedo Printed Face Mask-High Quality Elegant Face Mask image 0

Single Tuxedo Face Mask image 1

Black Tie Formal Tuxedo Groom's Adult Face Mask with image 0

Groom Mask Blue Wedding Mask Blue Tuxedo Face Mask 3 image 0

Etsy is our friend!

Edited by jwattle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, stevenr597 said:

There is no way that we would cruise if there was a need for such restrictions by this summer. 

Having a choice is a beautiful thing !

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥼

• Like 4