Pre City Stay Memphis Warning

adstz

We are booked for the American Queen Memphis to New Orleans October 11-18, 2021.This is a rebook from October of 2020 as it was canceled.

It includes pre cruise hotel on October 10 at the Sheraton Memphis with embarkation on the 11th.

Since we are planning on before and after stays we decided to look at what AQSC was offering.

Here is the info I have found about the pre stay package in Memphis:

The pre stay is at the Peabody Memphis. You don't move to the Sheraton Downtown. It is 2 nights. The dates are the 9th and 10th.

But you already should have one night included since it in in your cruise fare!

(It includes 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner, some passes and transportation and $50 on board credit to use.)

For $699 per person.

Ridiculous.  Be aware that you are paying twice for one of the nights if you book this. I can think of a few better things to do with $1400 (for 2).

1 hour ago, adstz said:

We are booked for the American Queen Memphis to New Orleans October 11-18, 2021.This is a rebook from October of 2020 as it was canceled.

It includes pre cruise hotel on October 10 at the Sheraton Memphis with embarkation on the 11th.

Since we are planning on before and after stays we decided to look at what AQSC was offering.

Here is the info I have found about the pre stay package in Memphis:

The pre stay is at the Peabody Memphis. You don't move to the Sheraton Downtown. It is 2 nights. The dates are the 9th and 10th.

But you already should have one night included since it in in your cruise fare!

(It includes 2 breakfasts, 1 dinner, some passes and transportation and $50 on board credit to use.)

For $699 per person.

Ridiculous.  Be aware that you are paying twice for one of the nights if you book this. I can think of a few better things to do with $1400 (for 2).

Exactly what we thought (we're going in May on the American Queen NOLA to Memphis). We thought it was 2 extra nights but nooooo. So we made our own arrangements for the 2 extra nights.

Edited by amenuensis

We have booked an extra night or two before almost all of our AQSC cruises.  The first few times I asked the AQSC agent about the cost of an extra night (not the package) and it was always well above what I could get by directly booking with the hotel.  The pre- and post-cruise packages always seemed very much overpriced.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

We have booked an extra night or two before almost all of our AQSC cruises.  The first few times I asked the AQSC agent about the cost of an extra night (not the package) and it was always well above what I could get by directly booking with the hotel.  The pre- and post-cruise packages always seemed very much overpriced.

When we added an extra pre-cruise hotel night, we booked it on our own at the same hotel. We then called AQSC who made sure our reservation was linked with the AQSC reservation so we did not have to change rooms. Did that a few years ago at the Davenport in Spokane and will be doing it again at the Radisson Blu in Bloomington (Minneapolis), MN.

• Like 2

We are booked for Sept. on the Duchess. Wanted a few extra days on each end. Found that the Holiday Inn across the street from the Peabody for half the price. We will move over for the included night at the Peabody. May $ saved for other things.