What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc

amphoto

Hi everyone,

Princess is our favorite cruise line and we were disappointed not to be able to cruise in 2020. Now it looks like 2021 is not going to happen either - for us anyway as we are in the PNW, and Canada closing it's ports for the year means it's not looking good! Just wondered what you are all missing the most about Princess ships?

We really miss meeting new people, especially at the trivia contests and can't wait until we able to visit Alaska and Hawaii again as they are our favorite destinations.

For those of you who are missing the trivia contests too, please check out this youtube channel if you get time. I've just started it and will be featuring trivia contests as well as short travel videos from my photos and footage over the last 10 years or so, from many locations - mainly the US, although there will be overseas destinations too. Many cruises will be featured and the trivia contests will be a little like ship trivia including general knowledge, travel / geography, where in the world, landmarks etc. I can't give you any 'ship junk' for prizes so that part you'll have to do without, and the scoring is using the 'honor system'. There are only a few videos up at the moment but new travel and trivia videos will be added every few days!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0l6IBdF8fuDb22pzWIB7Iw

Thanks and have a great day.

4 minutes ago, skynight said:

Being on board.

Agreed. I read the title of this thread to my wife: What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc. She said, "Yes, all of the above".

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Agreed. I read the title of this thread to my wife: What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc. She said, "Yes, all of the above".

Yup, it's frustrating. When I walked off the Star on December 19th 2019, I would never have thought that well over a year later I'd still be waiting to get back onboard!

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

All of the above is an excellent answer, but I would add meeting new people.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I agree. We've met some some great people on Princess cruises that we still keep in touch with.

It's the entire experience, as so fittingly summarized by everyone else. But I also love interacting with the crew and talking with them, learning about their time sailing and working onboard, their families, etc. The crew on Princess are some of the best in the business and I empathize with all of them under these times.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, snoozecrooze said:

It's the entire experience, as so fittingly summarized by everyone else. But I also love interacting with the crew and talking with them, learning about their time sailing and working onboard, their families, etc. The crew on Princess are some of the best in the business and I empathize with all of them under these times.

Good point! I didn't mention the crew and I agree. I enjoyed getting to know the entertainment staff, as well as waiters and bar staff and room stewards. It must be tough for them all now and hopefully we can see them all again soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

D'Oh! That has most definitely been a huge plus with cruising. We have met some really great folks.

• Like 1

Whether at home or on vacation, I'm an early riser, so I'll nominate the (24 hour) International Cafe. On most cruise lines, even some expensive ones like Silversea, you can't get coffee, espresso, or a nice bite to eat at 6:00 or 6:30 AM---much less a breakfast sandwich or two if you're really hungry. On all three Princess cruises I've taken, I've loved the early morning atmosphere at the IC---chatting with the crew members and the other early-rising regulars and watching the ship slowly come to life over the next hour.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jimdee3636 said:

Whether at home or on vacation, I'm an early riser, so I'll nominate the (24 hour) International Cafe. On most cruise lines, even some expensive ones like Silversea, you can't get coffee, espresso, or a nice bite to eat at 6:00 or 6:30 AM---much less a breakfast sandwich or two if you're really hungry. On all three Princess cruises I've taken, I've loved the early morning atmosphere at the IC---chatting with the crew members and the other early-rising regulars and watching the ship slowly come to life over the next hour.

It really is my favorite place! But I miss it all!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimdee3636 said:

I'm not an early riser, but I enjoy sitting in the IC with a cup of coffee or a pot of tea. I'll read, do crossword puzzles and people watch. I've even been known to study or write papers for school, even poolside.

I simply miss the wind in my hair and someone else cooking and cleaning.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Thrak said:

D'Oh! That has most definitely been a huge plus with cruising. We have met some really great folks.

One can almost say this about all the cruise lines. The one exception (at least in our experience was NCL, or maybe the Epic is just too large). When we were on her, on the first night when we went to a dining room, we were asked table for 2 or a large table. We picked sitting with others. We were seated alone and waited, and waited, and waited for others to be seated with us. Finally, we gave up and said we'll take a table for 2. Then I remembered having been on the Norwegian boards before the cruise just how many had posted, why would I ever want to eat dinner with people I do not know. 

• Like 1

that feeling for my wife 🥰 about 30 minutes after we've gotten  our get on board beer and Pina Colada, made our way to our stateroom, she's clorox wiped, and lysoled, and we leave the room to roam the ship... at that point the major stress has vanished, and we know for the next XX days , well ...

she gets taken care of instead of taking care of others ...

Awww

• Like 4

We mostly miss the crew, but the other day my wife and I were watching a cabin tour video on Youtube, and the sound of the cabin door closing made my wife exclaim, "Oh, how I miss that sound".

It's the little things, as they all add up. The click of the door, the swoosh of the vacuum toilet, the clatter of plastic plates in the buffet, the chimes of the PA system, etc. We disembarked the Caribbean Princess 350 days ago, and hope to be back on board her on July 3rd. If not, we'll settle for the Majestic in November. We desperately need some "Vitamin P" in our system!

Edited by CineGraphic
  • Like 4

What do you miss most about Princess Cruises? Ports, Shows, Food, Trivia etc?

Hmm. I can get the ports on any cruise line. Rarely go to the shows. The food is ok. Hardly ever played trivia. So, can't say I miss any of those that much. Must be a reason why I keep booking cruises. I guess it is the etc.

• Like 2