Alaska 2021 Cruise Lifted & Shifted To 2022!

CruiserMickey

42 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Sensible decision from Celebrity. Good for them. I just wonder how many cabins will be available for 2022 and whether there will be enough to accommodate all the passengers who choose the L&S approach.

That is a great question. I am thankful that my TA called me within an hour of getting notice from Celebrity, so I could be accommodated in the same week/same itinerary/same cabin category as I had originally chosen. I am sure as time goes on the cabin availability may be scarce with everyone trying to use up FCC.

Just now, CruiserMickey said:

That is a great question. I am thankful that my TA called me within an hour of getting notice from Celebrity, so I could be accommodated in the same week/same itinerary/same cabin category as I had originally chosen. I am sure as time goes on the cabin availability may be scarce with everyone trying to use up FCC.

A good TA is worth his/her weight in gold! 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Does this apply to cruises already lifted and shifted?  I sure hope so.  It certainly wasn't our choice to have to move it to this year.

That I don’t know. Our cruise was originally booked for 2021, so this is the first L&S for this booking. Hopefully you will find out soon what will happen for you.

2 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I'm assuming since you used the term Lift&Shift that the original price and perks were protected?  Was there date or ship limitations on what you could select?

Yes, I was told that the original price (except taxes) was protected, as were the original perks. I have not yet received my new invoice to confirm, though.

My TA told me it had to be booked within 4 weeks of the original sail date (same as L&S), but we chose the exact same week, moved from Aug. 8, 2020 to Aug. 7, 2021 departure.

2 minutes ago, REEtired said:

Was there another option other than L&S?  Refund?  Maybe you already had plans for that time period and an L&S wouldn’t work. 

I didn’t ask about a refund, as we have FCC to use and loads of OBC we would lose if we canceled. It may be an option?

I booked my June 2021 Alaska cruise through Costco.  Called to see if I could get the L & S option.  Was told that I would have to pay a change fee and pay prevailing rates for next summer if I changed today- but that on Friday Celebrity will likely announce other options.  Hoping the L & S will be offered, but if not I'm hoping they announce a suspension and I can get my nonrefundable deposit back...

2 hours ago, CruiserMickey said:

I just got a call from my travel agent and she’s confirmed that Celebrity is allowing Alaska 2021 cruises to be lifted and shifted to 2022. Hopefully the world will be back to normal by then so we can use our FCC’s.

Thank you for posting this.

I just called Celebrity (booked directly) and was able to L&S Solstice TP from Sept 2021 to Sept 2022, same price.

Had already L&S from Millennium Sept 2020.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phoenix_dream said:

Does this apply to cruises already lifted and shifted?  I sure hope so.  It certainly wasn't our choice to have to move it to this year.

2 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

I just called Celebrity (booked directly) and was able to L&S Solstice TP from Sept 2021 to Sept 2022, same price.

It appears that a second L&S is possible. Good news for many!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maryann2 said:

Thanks, Maryanne.  Just L&S , too. 2020 cruise lifted twice. But they would not honor L&S for my BtoB,  All around Japan. I moved it, but had to pay prevailing rates. Lucky for me they were basically unchanged, with all the same perks. I think L&S is only for Canada affected cruises for now. 

1 hour ago, My hero 6 said:

Thanks, Maryanne.  Just L&S , too. 2020 cruise lifted twice. But they would not honor L&S for my BtoB,  All around Japan. I moved it, but had to pay prevailing rates. Lucky for me they were basically unchanged, with all the same perks. I think L&S is only for Canada affected cruises for now. 

I called and was not able to L&S the Solstice Vancouver-Tokyo TP from September 2021 to September 2022.  The representative and her supervisor said the TP was not included in the list for the L&S.  I’ll try again tomorrow and hope to be successful.

3 minutes ago, nwcruiselover said:

I called and was not able to L&S the Solstice Vancouver-Tokyo TP from September 2021 to September 2022.  The representative and her supervisor said the TP was not included in the list for the L&S.  I’ll try again tomorrow and hope to be successful.

You should push them on this and escalate if needed.  Do not take no from someone who cannot say yes!  Good luck

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

You should push them on this and escalate if needed.  Do not take no from someone who cannot say yes!  Good luck

Thanks for the good luck.  I’ll post here and let you know what happens.  I did try to push back and it was escalated to a supervisor, but they said there was nothing they could do because the revenue department had gone home for the day.

• Haha 1

I have had my Vancouver to Hawaii cruise, September 2021 cancelled. I have not heard anything from my TA or Celebrity yet. This cruise does not show up anymore on the Celebrity website. What does show up is a May 2022 cruise and a Sept. 2022 cruise. My original cruise was  for 10 days. The Sept 2022 cruise is for  11 days. Does anyone know if I can lift and shift my 2021 cancelled cruise to Sept. 2022. I ask because I have had many problems with my TA not getting back to me.  

14 hours ago, Fouremco said:

It appears that a second L&S is possible. Good news for many!

Sure hope that holds up for everyone!  Celebrity is famous for their consistent inconsistency, but that would only seem fair.  Why should those of us who have had their money held for even longer be at a disadvantage.  Thanks for the info

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Sure hope that holds up for everyone!  Celebrity is famous for their consistent inconsistency, but that would only seem fair.  Why should those of us who have had their money held for even longer be at a disadvantage.  Thanks for the info

Well, here you go.  I contacted my TA about another lift/shift and was given the following response.

At this time, the cruise lines are weighing their options.  There are grassroots efforts to ask the federal government to waive the provisions of the PVSA (sometimes mis-identified as the Jones Act) for this summer to allow cruises without a foreign port call.  The cruise lines may lobby for the same.  There may be solutions which can be created, it’s just too soon to know.  

We are on top of the issue though and we recommend waiting for a final determination from the cruise lines how they are going to deal with the sailings.  My agency is in direct communications with the lines, and I will reach out to you as soon as decisions are made by Celebrity giving you your options.     

• Thanks 1

My TA said complete details of a comprehensive programs to deal with cancelled 2021 cruises because of Canada closing will be issued on Friday.

She said TP and East Coast cruises were being evaluated on a case by case basis.

I expect the same +/- 4 week and same duration rules likely.

We will all know the details on Friday.

The bigger question for many is cruising in the spring and early summer.  As of yesterday there is absolutely no change in Caribbean ports or countries.  Severe testing and quarantine rules remain in effect with some countries indicating they will remain closed till at least fall.