What’s the longest cruise you e been on?

CruzerDeb

17 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I used to stealthily read and enjoy your blog very much for the last few years.
It sounds like a year ago you had decided to be 'done' cruising---pretty good timing actually.

A year later, I'm curious if you are itching to get back to it?

☺️

Thank you!  Short answer...no. I may be the only person who isn’t chomping at the bit to return to sea. I miss being places, desperately, but I don’t miss being on a ship. I think I’m just such a realist that I know that future cruising experiences will not replicate past ones, not for a long time.  At least 20 times every day I am thankful for how fortunate we were that our timing worked out as it did. A lot of considerations (like early retirement) and parents’ health went into our decision to travel when we did, as ambitiously as we did. I don’t think it could be done like that again anytime soon. 

But I sure enjoyed not needing to do everything around here for an entire year with a constant eye toward how many days remain until we left again. 

• Like 3

Our longest cruise so far has been 43 days from Southampton to Perth, Australia. Never got tired of it. Have  also done a couple 25 days and several from 14 to 19 days, frequently combined with land travel extending the trip to 6 or 7 weeks. We have a 41-day cruise booked for 2022 ( to replace the trip we had to cancel last year). We enjoy the sea days and love traveling the world.  Really hoping we will be able to do it this time. Have looked at the world cruise for 2023.  Can't do the whole itinerary, but am hoping we might be able to do a segment when Princess decides to break it up. It takes advance planning and help from family close to home to keep an eye on things while we are gone for lengthy times.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thorpe said:

My longest was the first one I ever booked. 52 nights on the Dawn Princess Sydney to London , half world in 2011. Got me hooked ! Since then anything from  2 to 23 nights ......

Wow!  Your first cruise was 52 nights!  Glad you got hooked as it would have been awful if you didn't like it!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dickinson said:

Wow!  Your first cruise was 52 nights!  Glad you got hooked as it would have been awful if you didn't like it!

Exactly! I had booked it as a solo but my 22 yr old daughter joined me when she found out she could get a free trip . But she gets too sea sick and won’t sail with me again ( she did one other 10 day trip a few years later  and vowed  “ never again “ ) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is wanabedoc.. I think I remember your handle and believe we were both on Oceana’s 2016 inaugural around the world cruise.

i’m trying to get on the rollcall for around the world that begins is December 22(out of Miami) or in early January out of LA.

i’ve totally forgotten how to find the role call for our cruise. I’ve spent an hour searching. Any help would be much appreciated .

because I don’t know if I can find you again. i’d really appreciate if you could email me.mjklein1947@gmail. Thanks