Beer

bbnmom

5 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

I do remember someone asking on my last cruise, and there was exactly once choice but I can't remember what it was. 

Well, that's helpful, Bill.  Thanks for sharing.  lol

🙂

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

The last time we asked about this (several years ago) it was the Heineken NA beer. This was on a Caribbean sailing out of Miami. I'm not sure if this is still what they are carrying now, though.

My feeling about non-alcoholic beer is the same as decaffeinated coffee: what's the point? 😂

(Kidding aside, I'm sure there are good reasons for drinking NA beer, just as there are for decaf). 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

My feeling about non-alcoholic beer is the same as decaffeinated coffee: what's the point? 😂

(Kidding aside, I'm sure there are good reasons for drinking NA beer, just as there are for decaf). 😉

For my husband, he was in end-stage kidney failure and limited his alcohol to a few drinks a year (mainly on cruises). I only saw him drink one NA beer and it was on that cruise. It wasn't the night he ordered it, though. They didn't have any at the bar that night. The next night we came in and the bartender put one down in front of him before he even asked. So my husband shrugged and drank it. 😀

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HuliHuli said:

I think that water also qualifies/tastes a lot like non-alcoholic beer.  😁

Reminds me of a joke Brits tell about American beer, but it's a bit risqué so I'd better not. 😉

Heineken zero point zero is really good. Though the amount in bottles and cans are smaller 11.2oz. That must be a European thing. 7 bucks a bottle is a little high. You can get a 6 pack bottles at Wal mart for 9 dollars. Do these count as part of the beverage package? 

Hopefully cruising in Oct 2021.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

Reminds me of a joke Brits tell about American beer, but it's a bit risqué so I'd better not. 😉

Yea, this British joke didn't start with "mutilated panther p......" did it?  Although, that's actually a Canadian saying. 😉 It's just a joke... don't get all tied up in knots over it please.  I know some who have even worse sayings regarding Canadian beer. 😉

Edited by All-ready2cruise

22 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Yea, this British joke didn't start with "mutilated panther p......" did it?  Although, that's actually a Canadian saying. 😉 It's just a joke... don't get all tied up in knots over it please.  I know some who have even worse sayings regarding Canadian beer. 😉

I think the joke in question involves comparing the beer to copulating in a canoe.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Like these US beers? 

image.jpeg.6cba5cc4255628f633218236efaf4ec3.jpeg

I remember the first year World Wide Stout came out. We lived in Dover and would often go down to Dogfish Head in the off-season. We would sit at the bar and they would sample anything for you. When they opened up a bottle for people who were at the bar to try, I fell in love. We bought a really expensive case of beer that year to keep and give as gifts.

But I will say that their 120 Minute was the first IPA I ever had...and I probably should have started with something a little less potent. To this day, I'm not an IPA fan. I prefer the stouts and other dark beers.

• Like 1