Canada/NE Cruises - September vs October

colliercruiser

18 hours ago, colliercruiser said:

Nothing confirmed, but just looking at possible options given how likely it is to be canceled.  We should be hearing from Celebrity very soon.

Just received the Celebrity email re: options... e.g., hold awaiting more info, Lift & Shift, refund, 125% FCC).  Given the requirements of L&S, the Oct 3 sailing was not normally available, but our Sept 10, 2021 sailing wasn't compatible (2021 is 12 day; 2022 is 10 day) and next sailing doesn't have the same suite level we have reserved (a Celebrity Suite).  So the agent was able to do a temporary reservation on the Oct 3 sailing (which has CS available) and is requesting an exception from management.  May take up to a week to hear back, but worth a try.

16 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

i highly recommend later in october. it was 70 when i went. i regretted not wearing shorts while walking up and down the rocks of peggys cove

halifax oct temp.PNG

We were on Anthem 18 Oct 2018.  It was freezing and windy.   You better also pack long johns and a warm jacket in addition to your shorts, which should work just fine in the solarium.  🍷

October definitely. Anyone who lives on the northeast can tell you that the weather in either Sept or Oct can be very unpredictable. Either choice will be a roll of the dice

We often have warm weather in sept and cold in October. YET, very often have very mild and comfortable weather in October. In fact, October is my favorite month in NY. And if you go in October you will more likely see the beautiful autumn foliage.

October definitely. Anyone who lives on the northeast can tell you that the weather in either Sept or Oct can be very unpredictable. Either choice will be a roll of the dice

We often have warm weather in sept and cold in October. YET, very often have very mild and comfortable weather in October. In fact, October is my favorite month in NY. And if you go in October you will more likely see the beautiful autumn foliage.

Just to throw by 2 cents in......Our October cruise was delightfully cool when we reached Bar Harbor and Quebec City. We just layered up in the morning and by late afternoon, we had on long sleeve t-shirts and comfy. Quebec City was just beautiful with cool, crisp morning of blue skies and wonderful color on trees. I'm cold natured and just layered up with heavy sweater. No hat or gloves were necessary. So October cruise was cool in am and comfortable in afternoon. Definitely better than Sept.  2010 where we thought we were in the tropics!!

On 2/11/2021 at 5:55 PM, Fouremco said:

Of course, weather throughout the itinerary can be very unpredictable and September has seen many more hurricanes than other months,

We did a TA on Azamara Quest 09/09/16. The Captain had to take a more southerly route towards the Azores, to avoid the eye of a Tropical Storm. The worst day was when we went through the tail of the storm. We learned later that some other ships had sailed directly East to West and had 3 horrendous days.

We were too early to see the best of the colours, although one tour guide did find some for us in Quebec City.

49FBAC16-FE1F-4AB3-9772-43EEA48025D5.jpeg

• Like 1

Trying to pick a sailing date to hit the colors is a craps shoot.  It's all Mother Nature dependent.  A few years ago we sailed a 14 day to Quebec and back the end of Sept to mid October.  Weather was warmer than usual that year so the change was delayed a couple of weeks. Perhaps check the Old Farmer's Almanac.

everytime this thread kicks up i have a new memory. my 1st trip to the great white north had the 70 in oct

2nd trip i had 40s and force 10 or 11 winds. captain said pretty much worst he ever had. (scale goes to 12). he did the rare thing of talking into the cabins a few times that day. we had a bridge tour after that and he went into great details about how rare this was and felt bad for everyone on board. i was in a forward suite, really bad idea that trip. held on for dear life during my shower. you really do feel more at the front of the ship. 

if we ever go back to cruising you def wanna the the ships tour. the regal princess one was fantastic