Jump to content

Box of Chocolates ( 19-piece ) "Promotion"


voljeep
 Share

Recommended Posts

I checked on a cruise and all that was offered to me was to order (purchase) chocolate covered strawberries....that used to be free on formal night or free to suite passengers anytime.  Even though it was "at a reduced price", I chose not to place that order.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy cow!  I had no idea about this so I just checked to see if we qualified for the freebie. We currently have 4 cruises booked. Three of them qualify for the chocolates at the same price we have booked. One of them not only qualifies for the chocolates but the price has gone down by $227 per person. Talk about a sweet deal! Not only do we qualify for 4 boxes of chocolates (not sure if that's actually such a good thing) but we also qualify for a $454 price drop. Thanks for posting this!

 

Edit: I just finished sending email to our TA. I wish Princess hadn't changed the "transfer to a TA rules" though. I used to be able to just do this stuff myself and transfer the booking at final payment time.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Holy cow!  I had no idea about this so I just checked to see if we qualified for the freebie. We currently have 4 cruises booked. Three of them qualify for the chocolates at the same price we have booked. One of them not only qualifies for the chocolates but the price has gone down by $227 per person. Talk about a sweet deal! Not only do we qualify for 4 boxes of chocolates (not sure if that's actually such a good thing) but we also qualify for a $454 price drop. Thanks for posting this!

 

Edit: I just finished sending email to our TA. I wish Princess hadn't changed the "transfer to a TA rules" though. I used to be able to just do this stuff myself and transfer the booking at final payment time.

 

What is the new rules for transferring cruise to a TA?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Thrak said:

I used to be able to just do this stuff myself

really ?? - I always had to contact Princess to re-fare 😉

 

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥼

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

 

What is the new rules for transferring cruise to a TA?

 

I used to transfer to my TA at final payment time. He would the discount the price and we would both be happy. He got the commission even though I did most of the work and I got full control of my booking and a discounted price. Last year Princess changed the rules and any transfer to a TA has to be done within a fairly short time of the initial booking. I can't remember off the top of my head but I think it's now 60 days.

 

 

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

really ?? - I always had to contact Princess to re-fare 😉

 

stay safe 😷

stay hydrated 🧊

get vaccinated 🥼

 

Yes, I had to call them but I could jump right on it and make changes without having to send email to the TA and wait for him to take care of things. I liked being in control.  At my income level a $454 price drop is something to jump on quickly. (The chocolates are a bonus.) Thanks again for bringing this to my attention.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is yet another reason I love cruise critic! Saved $500 on my TA, no chocolates but I'm leaving from Bruges.  Have FCC from just a minimal deposit securing this one

 

Waiting to hear about Queensland. If it drops (which it should) then my FCC from 2 cancelations covers 3 cruises.

 

All other cancelations refunded

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I stumbled on this promo earlier today when checking prices on our bookings.

Out of 5 bookings, one is $20 less per person, another is $50 more, and the other three have stayed the same. I'm not going to bother my TA for $40 and a few boxes of Godiva Chocolate.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, janice2348 said:

I did not see this promotion either logged in or not.  Must only be on certain sailings.  Plus the price has gone up since I booked. 
 

 

You don't need to be logged in to see it, but if it applies, you do have to click into the Cruise Details and it is at the top:

"Deal - Our lowest fare! Chocolates, dining & upgrades"

 

My price didn't go down, so I won't rebook, but it is entertaining. 😀

I see that it is a Valentine's Day promotion and ends March 2nd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, dreaminofcruisin said:

 

You don't need to be logged in to see it, but if it applies, you do have to click into the Cruise Details and it is at the top:

"Deal - Our lowest fare! Chocolates, dining & upgrades"

 

My price didn't go down, so I won't rebook, but it is entertaining. 😀

I see that it is a Valentine's Day promotion and ends March 2nd.

 

I need to quote myself to correct..it's only thru 2/16.

 

"Book a cruise between 2/11/21 and 2/16/21 and receive one (1) Box of Godiva Chocolates. Box of chocolates has an estimated value of $25.50 USD. Limit: one (1) box of Chocolates per stateroom, while supplies last. A voucher will be delivered to your stateroom, present the voucher in the Shops at Princess upon embarkation to receive your box. Voucher may be used on a single voyage only, is not redeemable for. cash and expires at the end of that voyage. Offer is not transferable and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credits. Offer expires: 2/16/21.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked our most current booking for May 2022 and the chocolates appear in my booking as a promo along with the other perks.  I didn’t call my PCC to request them, they just magically appeared!  Price of the cruise remained the same.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I checked our most current booking for May 2022 and the chocolates appear in my booking as a promo along with the other perks.  I didn’t call my PCC to request them, they just magically appeared!  Price of the cruise remained the same.

 

Just checked my bookings to see if this was the case for us. Nope. No chocolates listed but I did see that only 1 of our 4 cruises lists the Specialty Dining that is included. It may be that they added the dining to the promo after we booked but, like the chocolate, it is now listed for all of our cruises at either the same fare or, in the case of one cruise, a lower fare. More email to the TA. So far, thanks to this thread and a bit of checking on my part, we should get Chocolate and Specialty Dining added to 3 cruises and Chocolate, Specialty Dining, and a big price drop on the 4th cruise.  I certainly hope the TA jumps on this...

 

(Having this automagically added onto your booking may well be a perk of using a PCC with Princess.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Thrak said:

(Having this automagically added onto your booking may well be a perk of using a PCC with Princess.)

 

We had the specialty dinner added "automagically" to all of our reservations, but no such luck with the chocolates.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I stumbled on this promo earlier today when checking prices on our bookings.

Out of 5 bookings, one is $20 less per person, another is $50 more, and the other three have stayed the same. I'm not going to bother my TA for $40 and a few boxes of Godiva Chocolate.

 

Thank God someone else thinks like this. I often can't fathom what people do to get a few crumbs. Just what you need on a cruise where there is food everywhere - chocolate. 

Just waiting for some nark to say you can take them home on not eat them onboard in 4...3...2...1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, leck57 said:

 

Thank God someone else thinks like this. I often can't fathom what people do to get a few crumbs. Just what you need on a cruise where there is food everywhere - chocolate. 

Just waiting for some nark to say you can take them home on not eat them onboard in 4...3...2...1

  Nark here.  To some folks $40 and a box of chocolates is worth a phone call to their travel agent and I see nothing wrong in that.  Why are some folks so judgmental?  What are crumbs to you, may be the whole cookie to others.  A little kindness goes a long way.  Enjoy your chocolates everyone!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, leck57 said:

 

Thank God someone else thinks like this. I often can't fathom what people do to get a few crumbs. Just what you need on a cruise where there is food everywhere - chocolate. 

Just waiting for some nark to say you can take them home on not eat them onboard in 4...3...2...1

 

It's not that I don't mind an extra $40, or the chocolate, but I value my TA's time, and it's worth more than that. He's done so much for us over the years, especially this past year. Also, I can just imagine how many boxes of chocolates will be handed over to the crew, who will of course be gracious, but I'm sure would rather have some much needed cash.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

 

It's not that I don't mind an extra $40, or the chocolate, but I value my TA's time, and it's worth more than that. He's done so much for us over the years, especially this past year. Also, I can just imagine how many boxes of chocolates will be handed over to the crew, who will of course be gracious, but I'm sure would rather have some much needed cash.

I sincerely doubt if people will be giving the crew their box of free chocolates in lieu of cash.  You need to give people more credit than that.  If you choose to not bother your travel agent, who works for you, with a paltry $40.00 and a gift, that is certainly your prerogative.  Lots of other people would do otherwise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

If you choose to not bother your travel agent, who works for you, with a paltry $40.00 and a gift, that is certainly your prerogative.

 

Yes, he works for me, but he works for tons of other folks as well. In the past when I needed something done, he's put everything else on hold and take care of me quickly, and I'd like to keep it that way. Every time the fare goes down, so does his commission. I call him when the fare reduction warrants it, but I spare him from the nickle & diming. His attentiveness and extra service to my bookings is worth more than the 40 bucks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...