Jump to content

Use 2 10% credits on one cruise?


Recommended Posts

Hi, can you use 2 of the 10% credits on one reservation? We have one credit already from the NCL cancelled cruises for April 2021 and it looks like Alaska 2021 will also be cancelled. If we receive another 10% for Alaska, can they be put together for 20% off the base fare?

Or maybe it would be 10%, then 10%, which is actually 19% off?

Thanks in advance 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what I was told I had 3 cruises cancelled so far - 10% off discount FCC: if guests had received a 10% off discount FCC from a previously suspended sailing, that FCC will revert back to their client profile. They will NOT receive an additional 10% off discount FCC. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our April 2021 b2b cruises were canceled and my DH and I each received 2 10% off coupons.  1 each for both cruises.  When they are applied to a new or existing cruise it is 10% off the cruise fare (not total price) for each person.  So yes you can use 2 10% coupons on one cruise.  1 for each person in the booking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, fsls40 said:

This is what I was told I had 3 cruises cancelled so far - 10% off discount FCC: if guests had received a 10% off discount FCC from a previously suspended sailing, that FCC will revert back to their client profile. They will NOT receive an additional 10% off discount FCC. 

 

Hi, I did not have "a 10% discount FCC from a previously suspended sailing" on my Alaska cruise, so I should still be able to get a new 10% discount if it is canceled, right? Then I should have 2 10% discounts on my account, one cancelled April and one from cancelled Alaska.

 

Can I use them both on one new cruise for 2022?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jebhoward3 said:

Our April 2021 b2b cruises were canceled and my DH and I each received 2 10% off coupons.  1 each for both cruises.  When they are applied to a new or existing cruise it is 10% off the cruise fare (not total price) for each person.  So yes you can use 2 10% coupons on one cruise.  1 for each person in the booking. 

 

Hi, thanks, yes, I understand using 1 for each person on the booking.

 

If we have each have 2 10% coupons, can we each use 2 on a new cruise booking? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You can stack up as many discount coupons, be it 10%, 25%, together with other FCC fixed value, in one single booking. If the base cruise fare is $1000, excluding Port fees/taxes, etc.. the 1st 10% is applied on $1000, and the 2nd discount is applied on $900. The discount or FCC will be applied in sequence. You can apply the discount coupons anytime from the moment you make the new booking till the coupon's "use by" date.

 

I have applied 2 different discounts and 2 different FCC fixed amount to a single booking. I told the NCL PCC in what sequence they should be applied to maximize the savings.

Edited by Serengeti228
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

You can stack up as many discount coupons, be it 10%, 25%, together with other FCC fixed value, in one single booking. If the base cruise fare is $1000, excluding Port fees/taxes, etc.. the 1st 10% is applied on $1000, and the 2nd discount is applied on $900. The discount or FCC will be applied in sequence. You can apply the discount coupons anytime from the moment you make the new booking till the coupon's "use by" date.

 

I have applied 2 different discounts and 2 different FCC fixed amount to a single booking. I told the NCL PCC in what sequence they should be applied to maximize the savings.

 

Wonderful info. Thanks you the specific example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the coupons can be stacked up. Some cannot.

 

Use FCCs and 10% coupons as examples. If you have more than one FCCs and more than one 10% coupons

 

Scenario 1: FCC + FCC

Yes, you can use more than one FCCs in just one booking. The value will be "added" together. For example, a FCC at value USD 100 and another FCC at value USD 200, then you can use them together at USD 300.

 

Scenario 2: 10% coupon + FCC

Yes, you can mix them together in just one booking. Calculate the 10% discount first, and then deduct the value of FCC.

For example, original fare is USD 1000 and FCC is USD 200.

The final fare us 1000 x 0.9 - 200 = USD 700

 

Scenario 3: 10% coupon + 10% coupon

No, you can't use two 10% coupon in the same booking, neither adding them nor multiplying them together. The discount will only be topped at 10%.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Some of the coupons can be stacked up. Some cannot.

 

Use FCCs and 10% coupons as examples. If you have more than one FCCs and more than one 10% coupons

 

Scenario 1: FCC + FCC

Yes, you can use more than one FCCs in just one booking. The value will be "added" together. For example, a FCC at value USD 100 and another FCC at value USD 200, then you can use them together at USD 300.

 

Scenario 2: 10% coupon + FCC

Yes, you can mix them together in just one booking. Calculate the 10% discount first, and then deduct the value of FCC.

For example, original fare is USD 1000 and FCC is USD 200.

The final fare us 1000 x 0.9 - 200 = USD 700

 

Scenario 3: 10% coupon + 10% coupon

No, you can't use two 10% coupon in the same booking, neither adding them nor multiplying them together. The discount will only be topped at 10%.

Thank you. I am a little confused about Scenario #3, since Serengeti228 above stated they were able to do it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

Thank you. I am a little confused about Scenario #3, since Serengeti228 above stated they were able to do it.

 

I have tried 10% + 10% before. It does not work.

 

However I guess Serengeti228 may refer to the situation when you have a 10% coupon and a 25% coupon. Coupons at different percentage of discounts may be able to be combined, since the system may interpret them as different offers. The same offer cannot be used twice in a single booking, hence you cannot apply 10% discount for twice, but 10% + 25% could be allowed.

 

Sorry but I am not really sure, since I do not have a 25% coupon to try with a mock booking. I just heard this from other discussion threads. But definitely 10% + 10% is impossible based on my experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

I have tried 10% + 10% before. It does not work.

 

However I guess Serengeti228 may refer to the situation when you have a 10% coupon and a 25% coupon. Coupons at different percentage of discounts may be able to be combined, since the system may interpret them as different offers. The same offer cannot be used twice in a single booking, hence you cannot apply 10% discount for twice, but 10% + 25% could be allowed.

 

Sorry but I am not really sure, since I do not have a 25% coupon to try with a mock booking. I just heard this from other discussion threads. But definitely 10% + 10% is impossible based on my experience.

 

Thanks again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/11/2021 at 3:47 PM, fsls40 said:

This is what I was told I had 3 cruises cancelled so far - 10% off discount FCC: if guests had received a 10% off discount FCC from a previously suspended sailing, that FCC will revert back to their client profile. They will NOT receive an additional 10% off discount FCC. 

 

As opposed to reverting forward, LOL... 100% correct on the 10% off coupon being a one time deal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So when a cruise gets cancelled, am I correct in understanding that NCL will give one 10%-off coupon to each person booked on that cruise (or at least the first 2 guests)? Unless I misinterpreting, the responses above seem to indicate this is the case.

 

So when my May 2021 cruise eventually gets cancelled, I should expect one 10%-off coupon to end up in my Latitudes acct, and one in my wife’s acct?

Edited by alikaalex
Wording clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, alikaalex said:

So when my May 2021 cruise eventually gets cancelled, I should expect one 10%-off coupon to end up in my Latitudes acct, and one in my wife’s acct?

 

Yes, both of you will receive a 10%-off coupon, unless NCL changes their "compensation" offer in the coming round of cancellation (for May 2021 cruises).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I booked a cruise for next July and NCL applied two FCCs and two 10% discounts to it.  The first 10% was taken off my base fare and the second 10% was taken off of my husbands base fare.  One FCC was applied for each of our deposits.

 

 

 

Edited by How much longer?
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, How much longer? said:

One FCC was applied for each of our deposits.

 

It's strange that NCL online web site insisted on credit card for my new deposit, while earlier a PCC was able to apply my FCC for that. I hate repeatedly throwing in new money to replaced cancelled cruises when I have multiple FCCs expiring. It should be in NCLs interest to not make us tie up their employees but rather allow straightforward transactions online under equally favorable terms.

Edited by dumbth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2021 at 12:33 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

I have tried 10% + 10% before. It does not work.

 

However I guess Serengeti228 may refer to the situation when you have a 10% coupon and a 25% coupon. Coupons at different percentage of discounts may be able to be combined, since the system may interpret them as different offers. The same offer cannot be used twice in a single booking, hence you cannot apply 10% discount for twice, but 10% + 25% could be allowed.

 

Sorry but I am not really sure, since I do not have a 25% coupon to try with a mock booking. I just heard this from other discussion threads. But definitely 10% + 10% is impossible based on my experience.

 

To clarify, I am referring as "per person". Each person can only use one 10% coupon.

 

If you book a double room, then passenger 1 can use one 10% coupon and passenger 2 can also use one 10% coupon. Hence total two 10% coupon in a booking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, dumbth said:

 

It's strange that NCL online web site insisted on credit card for my new deposit, while earlier a PCC was able to apply my FCC for that. I hate repeatedly throwing in new money to replaced cancelled cruises when I have multiple FCCs expiring. It should be in NCLs interest to not make us tie up their employees but rather allow straightforward transactions online under equally favorable terms.

 

 

I had to call NCL to apply the FCCs because I didn't want to put my CC in to have to pay for anything when booking.  I agree, the website didn't allow it.  Not sure why, they used to.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

To clarify, I am referring as "per person". Each person can only use one 10% coupon.

 

If you book a double room, then passenger 1 can use one 10% coupon and passenger 2 can also use one 10% coupon. Hence total two 10% coupon in a booking.

 

OK, thanks. I think I understand.

So, I should book a cruise now to use the 10% we now have for each of us. 

Then, when the Alaska cruise is cancelled, we should receive another set of 10% off discounts, and I can book another cruise and use those 2.  Is that correct?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

OK, thanks. I think I understand.

So, I should book a cruise now to use the 10% we now have for each of us. 

Then, when the Alaska cruise is cancelled, we should receive another set of 10% off discounts, and I can book another cruise and use those 2.  Is that correct?

Yes, it's correct! 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, oregonian123 said:

 

OK, thanks. I think I understand.

So, I should book a cruise now to use the 10% we now have for each of us. 

Then, when the Alaska cruise is cancelled, we should receive another set of 10% off discounts, and I can book another cruise and use those 2.  Is that correct?

Not in my experience.  I got a 10% coupon for my January cruise and used it to rebook for next January.  I did NOT get a 10% coupon for my just cancelled April cruise.  My TA is taking on the fight.

 

It remains to be seen what happens when Alaska is cancelled;  I got nothing but my CNs back when my last Alaska cruise was cancelled.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I did NOT get a 10% coupon for my just cancelled April cruise.

 

I have seen some members in the NCL Facebook group mentioned about this for cancelled April cruises. Copied from one of the replies there:

I had to write an email to Katy Byrd, VP Passenger Services. She said they had some glitches. Send her a polite email requesting the 10% coupon showing your Latitude number and cruise confirmation number. KByrd@ncl.com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

 

I have seen some members in the NCL Facebook group mentioned about this for cancelled April cruises. Copied from one of the replies there:

I had to write an email to Katy Byrd, VP Passenger Services. She said they had some glitches. Send her a polite email requesting the 10% coupon showing your Latitude number and cruise confirmation number. KByrd@ncl.com

Not buying the glitch excuse.  I went round and round on a chat and got nowhere.  My TA also got nowhere so it's not a glitch, its what they are trying to get away with.  TA is going to escalate and if that fails I will contact Katy Byrd.  It really shouldn't be this difficult!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...