Will you cruise if vaccination is mandatory in order to board?

Thrak

39 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

If the vaccine may kill me I rather take the risk to get Covid.

There are no signs of that right now so unless that changes I will get the shot when it's offered. 

During the trials for the 2 emergency approved vaccines, no one died or was even hospitalized with a severe condition.

• Like 1

If the entire crew, and all passengers, are required to have been vaccinated, then what reason would there be for any of us to have to wear masks.  I say that would make the entire cruise experience so much better.  So my reply is YES YES YES.  BTW, a reasonable transition period might be in order while mass vaccinations are ramping up.  And probably children should be exempt.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sverigecruiser said:

If the vaccine may kill me I rather take the risk to get Covid.

There are no signs of that right now so unless that changes I will get the shot when it's offered. 

There have been 56,000,0000 doses given in the USA and no one has died. Reported Covid cases in the USA are 27,000,000 with 485,000 deaths. Seems obvious where the risk is but maybe you are in the Flat Earth society? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well there are many people including me who most likely wont be vaccinated. And it will be very sad if we will be banned from cruising. However, if it makes it safe for the rest of the passangers, I dont mind staying on the shore ..

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

Not only would we cruise if vaccinations were necessary but we would likely NOT cruise if vaccinations were NOT necessary.   We think that a mandatory 100% vaccination requirement is one step that is absolutely necessary if cruising is to successfully resume without the COVID jeopardy that would ensue without such a policy.

Hank

Totally agree, I had my first shot and am scheduled for second, better half is planning on getting shots ASAP. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, George C said:

Totally agree, I had my first shot and am scheduled for second, better half is planning on getting shots ASAP. 

I hope you all guys are healthy and will stay healthy after your second shot. I just read about it, the effect comes after 3-4 weeks since the second shot. I would rather spend this time at home away from people.. unfortunately not everyone can afford such a luxury 

13 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

. I just read about it, the effect comes after 3-4 weeks since the second shot.

Could you please provide a link to that? I just got my second Pfizer and any after effects - short of anaphylactic shock - are generally mild and occur in the first few days.  I can't even feel where the needle pricked me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Well there are many people including me who most likely wont be vaccinated. And it will be very sad if we will be banned from cruising. However, if it makes it safe for the rest of the passangers, I dont mind staying on the shore ..

I don't envision a permanent ban on unvaccinated PAX.  I just see the vaccine requirement to be a reasonable requirement during the transition period back to full cruise operations.  Once enough people have been vaccinated and the illness numbers subside to the point where the pandemic is over, there won't be a need for vaccine requirements.  Of course it will probably be advisable for people to keep their vaccinations current if need be.

Right now, all of us are 'banned from cruising.'  If having all PAX vaccinated will provide an exemption from the current bans then I'm all for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel A said:

I don't envision a permanent ban on unvaccinated PAX.  I just see the vaccine requirement to be a reasonable requirement during the transition period back to full cruise operations.  Once enough people have been vaccinated and the illness numbers subside to the point where the pandemic is over, there won't be a need for vaccine requirements.  Of course it will probably be advisable for people to keep their vaccinations current if need be.

Right now, all of us are 'banned from cruising.'  If having all PAX vaccinated will provide an exemption from the current bans then I'm all for it.

What we don't know yet is how often we're going to be vaccinated. Four times a year perhaps?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I hope you all guys are healthy and will stay healthy after your second shot. I just read about it, the effect comes after 3-4 weeks since the second shot. I would rather spend this time at home away from people.. unfortunately not everyone can afford such a luxury 

Roger, we live on a park for seniors, and the 2nd jab of Pfizer was given during the first week of January, so we'd have heard if anyone was suffering. Most of the 70+here will have received either that or the astrazeneca by now ( the Times on Saturday stated that less than 1% of over 70s have refused the vaccine), and after first or 2nd jab the only things we've heard of are vague flu like symptoms,  heavy arm or a headache- for a few hours.  Tomorrow is the start of the 65+.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll cruise once me and mine are vaccinated. I couldn't care less if the cruise lines mandate them or not. Vaccines are a prophylactic that is intended to protect the user. It also seems like a big hassle and expense trying to deal with/enforce something that has the potential to be a flaming dumpster fire issue. I'll cruise no matter what, once me and mine are vaccinated, I'm OK with the small odds and fully understand the risk. Let's roll!     

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

There have been 56,000,0000 doses given in the USA and no one has died. Reported Covid cases in the USA are 27,000,000 with 485,000 deaths. Seems obvious where the risk is but maybe you are in the Flat Earth society? 

There do seem to be folks who are just waiting for an extremely bad reaction to be felt by someone so they can say I told you so. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I think you are right that many (perhaps up to 1/3 of folks) will not get vaccinated.  And they should be prepared to stay inside their own country since it is very likely that vaccination (and proof thereof) will be a requirement for International travel for many years to come.

Hank

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

I think you are right that many (perhaps up to 1/3 of folks) will not get vaccinated.  And they should be prepared to stay inside their own country since it is very likely that vaccination (and proof thereof) will be a requirement for International travel for many years to come.

Hank

I believe you are totally correct. We went to Tanzania and Kenya two years ago and needed proof of Yellow Fever vaccine to cross the border. It was expensive and hard to find. We found it at a company called Passport Health. It was a wonderful trip. I was one of the first to be vaccinated against polio in the 1950s. My mother didn’t hesitate even though it was new. My aunt wouldn’t take her kids and both got polio and have withered limbs. I hope everyone gets vaccinated and ships require it so we can all be protected like we are from other diseases. These vaccines were able to be produced so quickly because they were based on years and years of scientific research.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

There do seem to be folks who are just waiting for an extremely bad reaction to be felt by someone so they can say I told you so. 

Or maybe most of us don't want to be injected with mRNA, annually, for the rest of our lives for something that isn't a threat to us. I honestly don't believe that view is the most controversial thing ever.

We can say "we don't know the long-term effects of COVID" and that opens the realm to whatever we want to throw at the wall. But cannot say "we don't know the long-term effects of the vaccine" without being attacked. 

• Like 5

To answer the original question.  Hell YES.    In fact this is the ONLY way I will cruise in the foreseeable future.  (And yes, I just got the first injection of the Moderna Vaccine, and the ONLY reason I got it was to make traveling safer for my wife and I.)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Or maybe most of us don't want to be injected with mRNA, annually, for the rest of our lives for something that isn't a threat to us. I honestly don't believe that view is the most controversial thing ever.

We can say "we don't know the long-term effects of COVID" and that opens the realm to whatever we want to throw at the wall. But cannot say "we don't know the long-term effects of the vaccine" without being attacked. 

I do not think anyone has attacked you — but there are a few who take issue with your repeated unsupported contentions that COVID “...isn’t a threat to us.”

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Well, it's clear that you're fine with never traveling again. Bless your heart.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

If you think COVID is not a threat well yes that definitely is controversial. If you are hesitant about  mRNA vaccine I think you are misinformed but there are vaccines that don’t use that technology. The J&J vaccine will be available in a few weeks. The Oxford also does not. But I expect the anti vaxxers will spread crackpot theories about those vaccines too. 

• Like 6