Jump to content

Passenger Vaccine Requirement up next?


Recommended Posts

We got our second Pfizer vaccination today. It was done by a health service under contract with our State. We received a white card that looks somewhat official that lists the dates of the two shots. As we fully anticipate (and hope) that proof of vaccination will soon be needed to fly, we too put the cards with our passports. . We have refused to fly during this pandemic before being vaccinated, because we consider the lack of distancing requirements on airlines and airports to be almost criminal. Now that we are vaccinated, we may consider some relatively short trips via air. We hope that these medical records will be sufficient to prove vaccination, and that no level of government becomes involved in issuing such documentation. No level of government has the staff to efficiently do this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, yorky said:

The UK is not going to roll out vaccination passports at this stage.

I understand the UK govt today discussed a vaccination card, like the old yellow fever card, and IATA are in discussion with govt about using the app they are developing

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless there is some sort of database by nation, this will be incredibly difficult to administer.  How hard will it be to print an "official" CDC vaccination card, input some dates and vaccine lot #s, and say, "Hey, look, here is my record."

image.jpeg.48446fddc3167319497fca7528d90a2f.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, emmas gran said:

On the topic"  I've had my vaccine lets go " which is on page 2 of board a lady has posted (175) details are on NHS app, however I do not have any info on mine neither has another person from UK.

Have to put passport details or another ID and video to prove match to passport photo!!!

It shows on my Patient Access online record.....a NHS app.
It says ... COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 30micrograms/0.3ml dose concentrate for suspension for injection multidose vials (Pfizer-BioNTech) (Pfizer-BioNTech) 5 dose
1 dose by Intramuscular Injection

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We also got a card.  But will it be acceptable as proof?  Somehow I doubt it as it would be so easy to make false copies.  But I am saving it, as well as all our emails about the vaccine appointments, and whatever else I have in hand (in this case, the "prescription" sheet that Walgreens gave us).  As far as I know, our state (IL) does not have any centralized database where they are logging the vaccine information - I think it's pretty much haphazard recording, much like the vaccine distribution.  That's what concerns me.  If anyone knows otherwise, I would be happy to be informed I am wrong.

 

If it is going to be required for travel domestically (like is currently being considered for domestic flights) then we need some kind of central government coordination, not individual states doing whatever they decide to do - or not do.

 

I "think" all states have to at least report their numbers to the CDC.

I know my state (MN) already has a database that they use to keep track of other vaccines, which they are also using for Covid. It would seem like each immunizer would need to provide their health department with information about who got the doses or did they get wasted? There was some discussion in the beginning of the vaccinations about whether our state would provide personal information to the CDC. I'm not sure how that ended up.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

My state has an electronic database for COVID.  They issue a card as well.  Do not think it will be administered by the US.  Our vaccination appointments are linked using our state drivers license or ID card number.  Pretty simple to link the COVID data to the ID.

As we dont have a national drivers license, that means 50 state would come up with different plans. We have a state website for vaccinations also. I looked at mine and they dont have all my vaccinations listed. I do have my yellow US CDC vaccination book. At this time we dont know if booster shots will be needed in the future. Like the yearly flu shot. If it is linked with our drivers license then all countries will have to scan our license to verify our Covid shots are up to date. Hopefully scanning a card with photo will be good enough. Like on the cruise ship when other governments require us to meet with customs in person before docking. My father gets his 2nd dose on Friday. I will see what the doctor give him. He is 85 and does not drive. My mothers 1st vaccination is delayed 2 weeks because Washington state will be getting less vaccine than they thought. she is 82.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

It shows on my Patient Access online record.....a NHS app.
It says ... COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 30micrograms/0.3ml dose concentrate for suspension for injection multidose vials (Pfizer-BioNTech) (Pfizer-BioNTech) 5 dose
1 dose by Intramuscular Injection

Not everyone can see that as not all practices have medical records enabled on Patient Access, ours doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Not everyone can see that as not all practices have medical records enabled on Patient Access, ours doesn't.

Every channel for vaccinations in our state mandates a COVID vaccination confirmation ID card, which is provided as part of the process. That with a valid passport is being touted as the current go-forward requirement for international travel.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Not everyone can see that as not all practices have medical records enabled on Patient Access, ours doesn't.

 

Same here. Downloaded the NHS App and found I had no access to my Patient records. I think I can request this at my surgery - I will try on Monday. It would be useful to have this information easily available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Initially it's going to be a bit of a nightmare, but that's how it is when something new is being implemented.  Eventually they'll get the kinks worked out and they'll have a system set in place.

 

Right now I'm not concerned about it.  My wife and I plan on getting vaccinated.  We plan on going on our cruise in a year.  We hope the cruise lines all have plans in place to make sure all the crew and passengers are vaccinated.  Regardless, we'll do what need to be done in order to cruise.  We won't complain if it means keeping everyone safe.

 

Cruising/travelling is not a right, it's a privilege.  They makes the rules and we need to follow them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, laslomas said:

 

Same here. Downloaded the NHS App and found I had no access to my Patient records. I think I can request this at my surgery - I will try on Monday. It would be useful to have this information easily available.


I have the same results as you

Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to find the vaccination record on the Patient Access App

 

Open the  More button which bottom right with the three dots

 

Click on Medical Records and it will show you all your drugs including the Covid vaccinations. 

 

There is an option to print out and you get a pretty official looking sheet (although a teenager could falsify it in a half hour).

 

Hopefully this maybe one of the benefits of a joined up free-for-all socialised health service

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Unless there is some sort of database by nation, this will be incredibly difficult to administer.  How hard will it be to print an "official" CDC vaccination card, input some dates and vaccine lot #s, and say, "Hey, look, here is my record."

image.jpeg.48446fddc3167319497fca7528d90a2f.jpeg

There certainly will be some that will cheat.  Same with passports and any other document.  Never heard of anyone forging the old WHO card.

That works fine until it doesn't.  Contact tracing can often show where one became infected.  Would think potentially huge liability if one was caught cheating - both legal and civil - if one passed COVID on to another with a faked immunization document.

FWIW - my immunization records for last 30ish years were available at my physician's office.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I managed to find the vaccination record on the Patient Access App

 

Open the  More button which bottom right with the three dots

 

Click on Medical Records and it will show you all your drugs including the Covid vaccinations. 

 

There is an option to print out and you get a pretty official looking sheet (although a teenager could falsify it in a half hour).

 

Hopefully this maybe one of the benefits of a joined up free-for-all socialised health service

So many Americans have such misconceptions about socialized health coverage.  I pay $780.00/month for me and my daughter for my employer sponsored heath care coverage (because she is under 26 she can still be on my plan).  Other than annual well being check-ups, I am then responsible for the first $5,000 in out-of-pocket expenses annually.  Obamacare certainly helps many and is a very good step in the right direction, we just need to go much further, IMHO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

There certainly will be some that will cheat.  Same with passports and any other document.  Never heard of anyone forging the old WHO card.

That works fine until it doesn't.  Contact tracing can often show where one became infected.  Would think potentially huge liability if one was caught cheating - both legal and civil - if one passed COVID on to another with a faked immunization document.

FWIW - my immunization records for last 30ish years were available at my physician's office.  

True.

But modern passports are extremely difficult to counterfeit.  

As far as the WHO yellow vax card:

A thriving black market in yellow WHO cards

 

There are already numerous instances of faked CDC cards in circulation and they really  aren't needed for anything now.  It will be far worse when, for example, such a verification will be needed for flying or cruising.  No way I am going to accept someone's potential fear of prosecution as a guardrail against infection.  This is why I said we will need national or international databases to monitor actual vaccinations.  I know currently our state has such a database which is another proof (beyond the CDC card) of vax.

Edited by ECCruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I managed to find the vaccination record on the Patient Access App

 

Open the  More button which bottom right with the three dots

 

Click on Medical Records and it will show you all your drugs including the Covid vaccinations. 

 

There is an option to print out and you get a pretty official looking sheet (although a teenager could falsify it in a half hour).

 

Hopefully this maybe one of the benefits of a joined up free-for-all socialised health service

 

Thanks for all the help. I was trying unsuccessfully to find the vaccination info on the NHS App.

 

I have now found and downloaded the Patient Access App, set up my password, memorable word etc. Then went to link to my surgery, which was found on the database,  only to get the message: "Sorry. your practice does not currently support Patient Access". So another dead end for me, and not quite the joined up health service after all..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, laslomas said:

 

Thanks for all the help. I was trying unsuccessfully to find the vaccination info on the NHS App.

 

I have now found and downloaded the Patient Access App, set up my password, memorable word etc. Then went to link to my surgery, which was found on the database,  only to get the message: "Sorry. your practice does not currently support Patient Access". So another dead end for me, and not quite the joined up health service after all..

 

Oops. It will be on their GP records anyway be it Emis or System One

 

 

44 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

So many Americans have such misconceptions about socialized health coverage.  I pay $780.00/month for me and my daughter for my employer sponsored heath care coverage (because she is under 26 she can still be on my plan).  Other than annual well being check-ups, I am then responsible for the first $5,000 in out-of-pocket expenses annually.  Obamacare certainly helps many and is a very good step in the right direction, we just need to go much further, IMHO.

 Ouch. You could be paying that into a pension/mortgage.... or booking more cruises

 

I pay into a private healthcare via my wife's work too. £100 a month. Easy access to private hospital and Consultants with a hundred pound excess per condition. Not suitable for emergencies but handy to sort out my knee prior to the ski season (but less said of that as we cannot go on holiday and are banned from Europe).

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, ECCruise said:

Unless there is some sort of database by nation, this will be incredibly difficult to administer.  How hard will it be to print an "official" CDC vaccination card, input some dates and vaccine lot #s, and say, "Hey, look, here is my record."

image.jpeg.48446fddc3167319497fca7528d90a2f.jpeg

OMG, The CDC warned that NO ONE should post these Vaccine cards on the internet!  Hackers can get' people's info on the card and make fake cards.Why on earth would you post that card on here???  SMDH

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

OMG, The CDC warned that NO ONE should post these Vaccine cards on the internet!  Hackers can get' people's info on the card and make fake cards.Why on earth would you post that card on here???  SMDH

You are joking, right?

 

I guess the "people's info on the card" on the picture I posted must be written in invisible ink or maybe I need a decoder ring?  Can I borrow yours?

 

Pictures of the card have been posted on hundreds and hundreds of news sites coast to coast including networks, local stations and newspapers.  It is to allow people to know what their card will look like after they have the vax.

 

Not even worth a SMDH.  I am convinced your post is satire.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

OMG, The CDC warned that NO ONE should post these Vaccine cards on the internet!  Hackers can get' people's info on the card and make fake cards.Why on earth would you post that card on here???  SMDH

Are you sure? Or did they ask that you not post photos of cards with the information filled in? Quite a difference.

 

BTW, if you Google "cdc vaccination card", you will find hundreds of images, including one on this Commonwealth of Pennsylvania website that shows both the front and back of the card:

https://www.pa.gov/guides/get-vaccinated/

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LGW59 said:

So many Americans have such misconceptions about socialized health coverage.  I pay $780.00/month for me and my daughter for my employer sponsored heath care coverage (because she is under 26 she can still be on my plan).  Other than annual well being check-ups, I am then responsible for the first $5,000 in out-of-pocket expenses annually.  Obamacare certainly helps many and is a very good step in the right direction, we just need to go much further, IMHO.

Prior to Obama care I purchased a high deductible policy, age 56, for $380 per month, with a max out of pocket of $5000 per year. After those policies were disallowed under Obamacare the cheapest policy available was 1100 per month which also had 5000 out of pocket (funny thing was as a the standard policy afterwards was now worse than my high deductible policy before and cost almost 3 times the amount)

 

Yes it helped some, but it dramatically increased the cost for a lot of others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, nocl said:

Prior to Obama care I purchased a high deductible policy, age 56, for $380 per month, with a max out of pocket of $5000 per year. After those policies were disallowed under Obamacare the cheapest policy available was 1100 per month which also had 5000 out of pocket (funny thing was as a the standard policy afterwards was now worse than my high deductible policy before and cost almost 3 times the amount)

 

Yes it helped some, but it dramatically increased the cost for a lot of others.

Totally agree on this.  I just feel it means we have much more work to do to make it fair and equitable for all, a great start, but tweaks need to be made for sure.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Totally agree on this.  I just feel it means we have much more work to do to make it fair and equitable for all, a great start, but tweaks need to be made for sure.

Yes, a way to go yet. I pay AUD180 (about USD140) a month for full (private) hospital cover, no gap payment, no out of pocket, choice of specialist. Also part cover for optical, pharmaceutical  and dental. I pay a gap for GP consultations above what Medicare covers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ECCruise said:

You are joking, right?

 

I guess the "people's info on the card" on the picture I posted must be written in invisible ink or maybe I need a decoder ring?  Can I borrow yours?

 

Pictures of the card have been posted on hundreds and hundreds of news sites coast to coast including networks, local stations and newspapers.  It is to allow people to know what their card will look like after they have the vax.

 

Not even worth a SMDH.  I am convinced your post is satire.

 

Ok, Let's just wait and see,When the news say's hackers are copying  The CDC card and making fake vaccine cards so they can go places and the Covid-19 rage's even more!!!  I'm just posting what the CDC said!!!  You have your opinion and I have mine on this subject!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Harrylinden said:

Ok, Let's just wait and see,When the news say's hackers are copying  The CDC card and making fake vaccine cards so they can go places and the Covid-19 rage's even more!!!  I'm just posting what the CDC said!!!  You have your opinion and I have mine on this subject!!

It has nothing to do with opinion.  I can find nothing about a such a CDC proclamation, but the FDA has asked people not to share CDC vax cards completely filled out with personal information on social media.  Which is quite obvious. 

You  chastised me for sharing, as I said, what thousands of media and others have shown: a blank CDC vax card, so people will know what a legitimate card looks like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...