vaccines and cruising

Coco54

9 hours ago, clo said:

Our supplement through USAA was one of a number of choices. Ours isn't the least expensive but a few years ago I had a very expensive procedure. It cost $97,000! We paid not one cent out of pocket. You truly do get what you pay for.

Yes, I used to take my late mother (and before that my father) to a doctor for macular degeneration. By the time my mother had it, there was a shot. The doctor charged $1000 for the visit and the shot, but my mother never paid a cent. She did say she paid a lot for insurance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, clo said:

Our supplement through USAA was one of a number of choices. Ours isn't the least expensive but a few years ago I had a very expensive procedure. It cost $97,000! We paid not one cent out of pocket. You truly do get what you pay for.

Agreed - when it comes to supplemental medical insurance absolute choice of providers (out of network), minimal (hopefully zero) copay, etc.

But as a general rule -- while you cannot always be sure that you will "get what you pay for"   -- you may be sure that you will not get what you are unwilling to pay for -- and this applies to cruising as well as medical insurance.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

United Healthcare has about a dozen different options - with distinctly different terms.  Their minimal is cheap, and their better ones are pretty good.  My wife has the best "N", I believe - no longer available but having opted for it when it was is still "grandfathered"  --- although, I suppose, "grandmothered" is a more appropriate term.

Not disputing what you said, but I think it is useful to point out that you are talking about Medi-gap and the person you were responding to was talking about Medicare Advantage which is completely different.