More Than One Shore Excursion?

VegasTW

Hi CC folks!

I was wondering if you can book more than one shore excursion for a single port.  Some of the Caribbean ports will be beach type days for us and there seem to be some different excursions we might like to enjoy.   For example, I see that I can do a snorkel rental, parasailing, maybe stand up paddle.  Since these are all about one-hour activities, we may want to enjoy all three (sorry, is that greedy 😁?).

In the PDF version of the excursions, it does have the excursion start times, so of course I would need to coordinate with that.  And some, such as the snorkel rental, appear to be "join anytime."

What has been your experience?  I'm still a bit away from the ability to reserve excursions and wanted to get prepared.

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, VegasTW said:

Hi CC folks!

I was wondering if you can book more than one shore excursion for a single port.  Some of the Caribbean ports will be beach type days for us and there seem to be some different excursions we might like to enjoy.   For example, I see that I can do a snorkel rental, parasailing, maybe stand up paddle.  Since these are all about one-hour activities, we may want to enjoy all three (sorry, is that greedy 😁?).

In the PDF version of the excursions, it does have the excursion start times, so of course I would need to coordinate with that.  And some, such as the snorkel rental, appear to be "join anytime."

What has been your experience?  I'm still a bit away from the ability to reserve excursions and wanted to get prepared.

Thanks!

We tried to do exactly that and were only able to book 2 of 3 choices.  As the previous poster said, they allow more time than would usually be necessary between excursions.

If they won’t let you do it because of not enough time between excursions, you can also try to book additional excursions once on board. I have seen people walk off one bus straight to the bus for the next excursion.

I think it's do-able. I don't know about 3, but we've done two, literally ripping off clothing from a morning/afternoon trip to dress up for a Russian ballet later in the day/evening.. I think we had an hour and a half between trips. If it involves a change of clothing or additional puttering, try to make sure  all is ready in your cabin to jump into or take care of...shower, bite to eat, etc. Our steward had all at the ready and literally opened the cabin door and stood by to rush us out. They're wonderful that way!

Enjoy!

• Like 1

Regent told us there needed to be 90 minutes between the scheduled end of an excursion and the scheduled start of another to book multiple excursions in a port.  We have never been able to book two excursions in a port on Regent's on-line portal even when we met the 90-minute criteria.  A call to Regent Guest Services--the one listed on the shorex portal for any changes to excursions--has resulted in being able to book a second excursion in a port.  We have not tried to book three.

This has likely also been addressed somewhere, but you can also call Regent to book a "back-up" excursion if you are waitlisted for the one you really want.  Part of me feels that is not quite fair to fellow cruisers, but the practical side of me thinks that may help Regent gauge the interest in the various excursions to determine where they need to add capacity.

2 hours ago, loriva said:

....  We have never been able to book two excursions in a port on Regent's on-line portal even when we met the 90-minute criteria.  A call to Regent Guest Services--the one listed on the shorex portal for any changes to excursions--has resulted in being able to book a second excursion in a port.  We have not tried to book three. ...

This was our experience as well...  was able to handle with a call to Regent.

I have been able to book two excursions the same day on line, the last was 2019.  In addition to the 90 minutes needed between end of one and start of another, you need to consider if you are tendering (that time is not part of the time of tours).  Also, sometime the afternoon tours meet on the dock (especially if tendering).  So book what you want but double check with the excursion desk (I would say at least the day before) to see if any meet on the dock rather than in the theater.

• Like 1