What travel agents are bring told...

17 minutes ago, TER777 said:

Ask your TA. Mine are all there in my account. The info is accessible by the TA but is not visible to the guest, at least last time I looked.

Actually, it is not visible to us as TAs either, and I say that as both a TA and a guest. We have to call and ask about it. My personal experience, from two different discounts from last year's truncated World Cruise, and also an Endeavor cancellation from last October, is that all of the promised discounts/FCCs are showing on our profile.

2 hours ago, resistk said:

I am still trying to figure out what happened to my promised 25% FCC when I cancelled 90 days out last March. No communication ever from Crystal; I wonder if they ever issued it?  I'd assume not since zero communication.

Your TA will be able to view the details of your FCCs.

You cannot find this on Crystal's website since there isn't any member area for login.

57 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

Actually, it is not visible to us as TAs either, and I say that as both a TA and a guest. We have to call and ask about it. My personal experience, from two different discounts from last year's truncated World Cruise, and also an Endeavor cancellation from last October, is that all of the promised discounts/FCCs are showing on our profile.

Is it because you cannot view the FCCs generated from a previous booking from another agent, since the FCCs are linked with the previous booking number?

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
2 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Highly likely that there will be changes to the deposit policy by Friday. There is a Crystal webinar for agents that will deal with, among other things, deposit policies scheduled for Thursday.

And possibly some new health protocols...

Mark your calendars for Thursday’s Insider Insights hosted by Carmen Roig, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales! Join us for an informative discussion addressing important updates to Crystal Clean+ and deposit policies – all designed to get you and your clients ready to enjoy the Crystal Experience again, soon. There is a lot of optimism on the horizon as the travel industry begins its rebound. There will be time for live questions and answers, too.

8 hours ago, claudiaYVR said:

Highly likely that there will be changes to the deposit policy by Friday. There is a Crystal webinar for agents that will deal with, among other things, deposit policies scheduled for Thursday.

Claudia, your post makes lots of sense to me.  I would expect changes as you noted.

I also believe that at some point the FCC's have to be revised as well in terms of when you have to sail.

As to Rotterdam's comments about lots of cheerleaders on the board encouraging people to book cruises for the near future or even for the longer term, maybe I am missing the boat (no pun intended) or maybe I have simply been out to lunch since where I live we have much bigger issues going on than this but I have not seen anyone pushing others to book cruises.  Many like myself tell people the decision is theirs to make and it will come down to how much risk they want to take.

Rather when people ask about whether they should book a cruise the vast majority of the posts are either to wait, not too book something with a near term itinerary,  to be cautious on cruising until the Pandemic is in check, or just waiting to see how things sort our for Crystal/Genting

I would also say a lot changed in the last 60+ days with many realizing that Vaccinations and travel go hand and hand and it's not just about whether each person has gotten the vaccine it is also about what it is like in the countries where the itinerary is sailing and the percentage of people including those counties who have gotten the vaccine.

So unless I have missed this party in its entirety I do not see anyone pushing anyone else to book cruises and for those who might recommend a cruise I would say in general they are putting lots of caveats along with caution.

Personally, I can't see sailings unless everyone has been vaccinated and not until a high percentage of people are vaccinated in my own country and in the countries being visited.

As Dr. Fauci says, people should not be traveling at this time and probably not for many months unless required (cruising is not required or any vacation) and he recommends all of the protocols which ideally people should be following (wearing masks, social  distancing, , not being indoors with a group of people who are not part of those who live with them under their roof, etc., etc., etc.).  

Anyway, If there are lots of cheerleaders encouraging taking Crystal Cruises maybe Rotterdam could list them for us.

As to a corporate statement if by that it is one of the consortiums, that is their view and like us everyone  is entitled to their views.

Finally, I want to remind the OP that this virus has been ever changing and unfortunately many people have been complicit in its spread.  In the USA while the number are going down people should not be giving out high fives and I was very disappointed at the number of people who chose to fly over President's Weekend/Velentine's Weekend.  Speaking for myself I think that is nuts as I do many of the other foolish things people are doing in the USA and in some of the countries around the world which is making things far worse than they needed to be.

I believe New Zealand had three new cases of the virus after none but haven't followed that the past couple of days due to the catastrophe in my state but I remember hearing they were all on top of contact tracing and figuring out what happened.  We on the other hand don't take this approach and thus we lead the world in deaths and those who got the virus.  This is not Football or Baseball where the highest numbers win.  In this case, the highest in numbers loses.

Anyway, I do not see anyone doing splits and cheers rushing to tell everyone to book a Crystal Cruise.  I no longer look at any of the other cruise line boards but I hope no one is doing splits or cheers over there too.

OK, going off line now form more important things.

Keith

10 hours ago, resistk said:

...No communication ever from Crystal; I wonder if they ever issued it? ...

Adding to the great information others have told you.  For cancellations Crystal sends 2 pieces of paper. (Both go to the TA, so you may need to follow up with him/her.)  One shows the credit card transactions, the other the FCCs.   The bottom of the one for FCCs looks like this

Capture.JPG

I am not trying to stir things up, but to report what I have been advised by my TA.  My TA works for a national agency and deals with both cruise lines and resorts.  When she was helping me to work through the process of cancelling or moving trips for 2020 and 2021, and looking for trips for 2022 she shared with me that her headquarters had told agents they should advise clients not to book with Crystal because of financial concerns.  At my request I had her check with her headquarters and other agents for any warnings regarding other lines for which I was planning to move a trip rather than cancel, and one line that I was considering that was new to me. She reported no concerns about the other lines.  

11 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Is it because you cannot view the FCCs generated from a previous booking from another agent, since the FCCs are linked with the previous booking number?

I stand corrected. I just took a look at the booking site and I see they have added the ability to look for FCCs. Since I am my only Crystal client with outstanding FCCs I had not noticed the change previously.

11 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

And possibly some new health protocols...

Mark your calendars for Thursday’s Insider Insights hosted by Carmen Roig, Senior Vice President, Marketing & Sales! Join us for an informative discussion addressing important updates to Crystal Clean+ and deposit policies – all designed to get you and your clients ready to enjoy the Crystal Experience again, soon. There is a lot of optimism on the horizon as the travel industry begins its rebound. There will be time for live questions and answers, too.

Something seems to be going on as the Genting stock price jumped again today very significantly from the previous close at 41.5 cents to 56 cents.  That is a move of 26 cents in two days starting at 30 cents so it has almost doubled.  I realize that there is not a lot of money involved here as these numbers are in Hong Kong dollars and not US dollars.  Are private equity players or others making some kind of move?  Who knows?  Maybe those who are on the Thursday call mentioned above could come up with some creative ways to ask questions in the "live question and answer" session that might shed some light on what is developing which could be shared with those of us in the dark.  I would note that we should expect to see the annual financials being released probably by the end of the month if past practice is prologue.  We might get a better picture of not only Gentings - if not Crystal's - financial situation and some hints of future plans from the management discussion contained in those documents.

25 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

I am not trying to stir things up, but to report what I have been advised by my TA.  My TA works for a national agency and deals with both cruise lines and resorts.  When she was helping me to work through the process of cancelling or moving trips for 2020 and 2021, and looking for trips for 2022 she shared with me that her headquarters had told agents they should advise clients not to book with Crystal because of financial concerns.  At my request I had her check with her headquarters and other agents for any warnings regarding other lines for which I was planning to move a trip rather than cancel, and one line that I was considering that was new to me. She reported no concerns about the other lines.  

I think that is a PERFECTLY fair assessment.  I wouldn't say Crystal is the line I'm most concerned about failing, but their financial condition certainly puts them at enough risk that agents ARE being careful about how/when they fund passengers' bookings, and I think that's perfectly responsible to advise passengers.  

Frankly, if the OP had just clearly said, "my agent (or agent's consortium) is advising their clients not to book with (whichever lines) because they have concerns," I think this discussion would have been very different.  We've been talking about those agency and consortium concerns for months now.

Vince

33 minutes ago, tipsygirl said:

You aren't stirring things up.

It is the same consortium that has been mentioned.

What appears to be fact is Genting is the only company of a well known cruise line that has the financial issue.  While it wasn't the news we wanted to hear I am hopeful things will work out.  I know before someone says this hopeful doesn't guarantee anything.

What I will add is I suspect all or most cruise lines are challenged.  I am reminded that while early on Carnival secured funding to ensure cash through I believe the end of this year it came at a very high price. RCI recently sold Azamara at what some might say was a low balled price.  This tells me they needed money.  So I would be cautious until we see cruise lines sailing and the virus in check or at least in a far better place than it is now.  Personally I am not booking any new travel at this point in time until things sort out.

I continue to be cautiously optimistic about cruising.  

Keith

Kieth, I believe you are booked on the 2022 World Cruise.  We are also booked on this cruise.  The final payment is due (for me) on July 21st.  While I realize that is still five months away, what are you planning on doing at that time.

21 minutes ago, claudiaYVR said:

Deposit deadline moved to April 5. Confirmed by Crystal to TAs. People with bookings will receive letters from Crystal. 

Thanks for the update, Claudia.  I'm relieved Larry and I weren't off-base -- this isn't our first rodeo.  😀

I have a better feeling about April 5th, at least in terms of knowing where things stand (including credit card payments) even if the financial situation isn't any better.

Vince

We are also booked on the LA to Monte Carlo part of the 2022 world cruise departing February 2 and it appears to me that our drop dead payment is due August 6 which is when penalties (other than the $500 administrative fee) are due.  (We plan on passing the opportunity for the discounted final payment with an April date)  In looking at what Crystal did for the 2021 world cruise, if I am not mistaken, they extended the final payment date to 120 days prior to departure which for us would be about October 1.  But as best I can tell they did not extend the contractual penalty dates for guests who cancelled which would mean that from our August 6 penalty start date to the possible extended October 1 final payment date we would be facing a 25% penalty.   And as best I can tell they finally cancelled the 2021 world cruise at the end of October.  So if a like scenario were to play out we will all be faced with making a decision about final payment before cancellation.  We should  have more information as time passes but this promises to be an interesting time.  I would also note that in looking at the 2022 world cruise the other day all cabin categories save and except one which showed as "Guaranteed" were showing "Call for Availability".  I am not sure what that might signal as with other cruises the "Call for Availability" situation has been a precursor to cancellation of the cruise.  However with the recent sell out of the Oceania world cruise in 24 hours, it might be that - with the new Crystal no money down policy including on the 2022 world cruise - that lots of folks just grabbed cabins to hold space.  If I wasn't already into this for several thousand bucks, I might even pursue that path myself as there is no cost to booking oneself and no penalty downside.  I think that even if the 2022 world cruise goes it will be a challenge to stay even close to the planned itineraries which is one of the reasons we booked this cruise.  I can't imagine the headaches the itinerary team will have including the shore logistics etc. given the uncertainty of what ports might be open or closed. Interesting times indeed.

2 hours ago, H2O Polo Willie said:

We are also booked on the LA to Monte Carlo part of the 2022 world cruise departing February 2 and it appears to me that our drop dead payment is due August 6 which is when penalties (other than the $500 administrative fee) are due.  (We plan on passing the opportunity for the discounted final payment with an April date)  In looking at what Crystal did for the 2021 world cruise, if I am not mistaken, they extended the final payment date to 120 days prior to departure which for us would be about October 1.  But as best I can tell they did not extend the contractual penalty dates for guests who cancelled which would mean that from our August 6 penalty start date to the possible extended October 1 final payment date we would be facing a 25% penalty.   And as best I can tell they finally cancelled the 2021 world cruise at the end of October.  So if a like scenario were to play out we will all be faced with making a decision about final payment before cancellation.  We should  have more information as time passes but this promises to be an interesting time.  I would also note that in looking at the 2022 world cruise the other day all cabin categories save and except one which showed as "Guaranteed" were showing "Call for Availability".  I am not sure what that might signal as with other cruises the "Call for Availability" situation has been a precursor to cancellation of the cruise.  However with the recent sell out of the Oceania world cruise in 24 hours, it might be that - with the new Crystal no money down policy including on the 2022 world cruise - that lots of folks just grabbed cabins to hold space.  If I wasn't already into this for several thousand bucks, I might even pursue that path myself as there is no cost to booking oneself and no penalty downside.  I think that even if the 2022 world cruise goes it will be a challenge to stay even close to the planned itineraries which is one of the reasons we booked this cruise.  I can't imagine the headaches the itinerary team will have including the shore logistics etc. given the uncertainty of what ports might be open or closed. Interesting times indeed.

The Call For Availability in this case is because the WC is pretty much sold out. We were booked Miami to Miami, but since we also booked the 2023 WC, which is similar, I asked Crystal to drop the first three segments, leaving us with Perth to Miami. It took them two weeks to make the change as Dispatch/Inventory had to manually change/price each segment, but they did allow us to make the change. The only difference was we lost our PS room assignment and are now in Guaranty. I was joking with Res Agent I was dealing with that if they have a problem getting us a PS Guaranty we will suffer with a CP instead! We both had a good laugh!😁

4 hours ago, TRIPACIAN said:

Kieth, I believe you are booked on the 2022 World Cruise.  We are also booked on this cruise.  The final payment is due (for me) on July 21st.  While I realize that is still five months away, what are you planning on doing at that time.

We hope and believe the cruise will happen with modifications of itinerary and hope to be on board.  But we are not thinking about payment until we see how things unfold between Covid and Crystal. Our decision will come sooner as we hope to join the ship before then. 

I hope you all are getting through the weather. I’ve never lived through all these power outages we are going through.

I hope the sailings will happen nd if they do let’s plan to get together and toast happiness to be sailing Crystal. 

Keith

Just one data point, but last week I cancelled a Seabourn cruise scheduled for July and got my money back in 3 days.    I moved my cancelled June Crystal cruise to 2022 and I've sent 2 emails already to res support just to move the existing cash over (which reservations states they can no longer do).  I doubt it will be done within the month, or two.  Many of my friends won't book Crystal due to the way the last year was handled. 

Edited by avalon1025

Of course should you test positive prior to departure you will not be entitled to a refund or credit.  Crystal states that you should have COVID insurance.  Is any one writing policies that allow for that except for cancel for any reason which only refunds 75%??

1 hour ago, TER777 said:

Crystal Clean 4.0 

https://www.crystalcruises.com/crystal-clean

Requires vaccine and negative test. 

This measures are being required by TUI cruises at the moment. The exception is  the vaccines due to the slow process of vaccination. But I am sure it will come.

In addition to those mentioned by Crystal, TUI cruises is sailing at 60% occupancy only. It is paying the PCR tests for all passengers before boarding, and it is only accepting passengers who book cruise and fly. The flights are being done on chartered planes (TUI FLY), which carry only those passengers from TUI cruises, who have provided a negative COVID test. Passengers are also required to take another PCR test on board 48 hours before disembarking. If the test is negative, the passengers can board the chartered plane that will take them home. Once at home the passengers have to comply with the regulations of the home country, which in Germany right now means reporting to the health authorities and from 10 to 14 days quarantine at home even if the test is negative. In case the test on board is positive, the passengers have to disembark and are transferred to Land facilities (with permission of the port authorities and under strong monitoring) to quarantine there. The costs are covered by the Insurance.

I find the Crystal measures sound and similar to what others are doing. What I miss from the Crystal measures is that the point “shared responsibility “ refers only to a joint responsibility between cruise line and passengers. I think it is important to have agreements with the port authorities also. Even with vaccines, there is not a 100% certainty that somebody will not get infected on board. What is Crystal planning in those cases? What will Crystal do if countries refuse to let passengers disembark? 
Ivi

13 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

Of course should you test positive prior to departure you will not be entitled to a refund or credit.  Crystal states that you should have COVID insurance.  Is any one writing policies that allow for that except for cancel for any reason which only refunds 75%??

I have just got an insurance which allows for that. It is an Insurance which allows to cancel, which pays in case of interruption and which covers COVID.

Ivi

4 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Seems if Crystal says customers should have such coverage then the coverage they offer to sell you should include it. I doubt if it does.