New Ship Name Revealed tomorrow 18/2/21

cruisefan2012

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nope. What an awful name, and who on earth chose it.  I wonder if that large company has donated towards the build🤔 Could explain the name.

Avril

First sight, I thought " Why did they name it after Avril "?🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I wonder if that large company has donated towards the build🤔 Could explain the name.

Avril

I wonder if that is the case.  Often done elsewhere and it is not that cruise companies will be keen to get a bit extra cash in these times - or perhaps cheaper installation of their water treatment units - if that is how it works.

Have others seen the new thread on St Petersburg cancellations.  It seems all overnight calls to all ports have been disappearing, not just SPB according to other posts added to that thread.  Hidden news perhaps as P&O want everyone to be focusing on the name of their new ship.

2 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well over an hour later and I still can't remember the name. I have to remember Ave Maria to remind remind of the name ...Arvia Maria. Sad that I am .... 

I'm sure Gary Barlow is already penning a new number. I can see him at the piano singing "Ave Arvi--i-ah....."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, AuroraF10 said:

Nope, me don't like the name.  P&O have lost sight of their history and heritage, I think.  Name should have been one of the previous P&O grand liner cruise ships.

But P&O have set a course of radical change to their product. They are not looking to appeal to those who remember their ocean liners traversing the world, they want to take today's and tomorrow's 30-somethings on fun, short holiday cruises. I don't particularly like the name either but then, I won't be sailing aboard Arvia.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

But P&O have set a course of radical change to their product. They are not looking to appeal to those who remember their ocean liners traversing the world, they want to take today's and tomorrow's 30-somethings on fun, short holiday cruises. I don't particularly like the name either but then, I won't be sailing aboard Arvia.

Highly unlikely that a lot of the people who don't like the name will. Some times you just need to go with the flow (pun intended).

• Like 1